Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

People playing music on their phones on the train. Two different groups of teenagers seem to think this is okay.

Also, do any teenage girls speak with an Irish accent anymore? This is the Waterford to Tipperary train and it sounds like we are in LA.

Everything second word is like, followed by a hair flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Shop workers who tot up all your purchases and then just stand there and stick their hand out, without telling you what the price is.

I want to know if i need a tenner, a twenty etc, so kindly tell me what the bloody price is and stop expecting me to just know!

Another one- people who spend all day in coffee shops, on laptops or intently texting on their phones. Who are you talking to??? Being in a coffee shop from morning to night, you clearly have no friends or job. I always wondered what these people do with their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Football… and dissent.

it seems to be much more tolerated now by officials, like ‘part of the game’…it’s too much ‘of’ the game… not enough cards for it…

Watching Newcastle vs Brighton….bad tackle, referee calls the player over to him, player runs away 15 meters from him though making a dismissive gesture…

referee runs after him, throws yellow in the air and normal service resumes…

Player runs away, ref don’t move, call the captain to summon his player, book, quick lecture, on with game… OR change one yellow to two = red.. one for the tackle, second for decent …

less time wasted and encourages players to be compliant with the laws of the game..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Blackouts. Quite a pattern, tonight.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And now the data for both 48 and GoMo has dropped to H+. I might be paranoid, but is this an effect of a DDOS on Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It could be down to everyone playing smashkarts.io 😜

Or wordle.

Electricity came back about 20 mins ago, data back to 4g just now. Coinkidink?

TA 33 days have elapsed since 1st Feb, and here I still be

"you can sign up whenever you want, but you will find great difficulties will arise if you try to leave!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA that I spent most of the weekend arguing with people on Twitter over the war when I could've just.... played video games with a smile on my face and a lager on my desk. I aim to have a 'me' day today, as la-de-da as that sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 swiftmampi

The women's protest outside the Dail demanding more women ministers. It's the voters who select how many women get elected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Tork

Couriers delivering at weekends, and no apparent way of switching the delivery date to Monday. Very often there's nobody home during the daytime at weekends, meaning neighbours have to take in packages. They are OK about doing that but I'd much rather not have to do this very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The pringles mascot on the tube doesn't have hair but the pringles mascot on the lid does have hair

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

The arrival of "the war" so quickly after "the covid" we are obviously meant to remain in a perpetual state of fear from now on? What next food shortage, fuel shortage, another manufactured virus, more terrorism for the average person what the hell is un rolling in the world ?

I keep winning inconsequential amounts on the lotto.

Mod: Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m classified as ‘lucky’ as in if I enter a draw, buy a scratch card, stuff like that, I often win…way too often to make it normal, and it’s true… it happens way too often compared to anybody I know…

problem is I often win but it’s no more then a bottle of wine or spirits in the local pub GAA draw , a handful of euros on a scratch card, like 8 euros…or if we’d do a sweep in the local for the grand national or last man standing for the football I’ve won those a weird number of times over the years…

my mother always said that I was blessed with luck, I picked out a horse at random for my granny when I was about 6, she put a few bob on it and it romped home, prize bonds came good years ago too

the lotto jackpot has alluded me thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I can't get warm. Woke up cold and still cold.

There's a couple of ads on the radio with parents in them that annoy my sh!te.

First there's the one with yer man and his daughter cycling with his look at my little girl go. Go way ya cringey bastard.

Then there's the other pair going on about our Sinead. Oh sure it was only yesterday she was messing with her food and look at her now with her first car! Ah our Sinead. 🤮🤮

I don't know if it's the bad acting or just the cringey script but jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

First thing this morning, loaded my car up with timber (fence panels broken in the recent storms) to bring to the local Council recycling centre. I've a big estate, so it fitted a lot of stuff, and took a while to get it all packed in. My wife had left a load of other stuff in the boot, so that all had to be taken out and put into the house first. Big job, all in all.

Looked up the opening hours online before I set off, as I wasn't sure whether they opened at 9.30 or 10.00.

Turns out they don't open on Mondays at all. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Tried a 'high protein, low fat' milkshake. First of all, I'm having a milkshake - I don't mind if it's got fat in it. It also had no ADDED sweeteners, but was way too sweet. The flavour was a bit lacking too. But worst of all - I was farting horrendously after it! I could barely live with myself. If I had a dog, it would have left the room in disgust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My bank card got skimmed a week ago and received a text from the bank last Monday saying my new card would be in the post in five working days, was hoping it would be here today but looks like tomorrow now bah! humbug.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Fitting name - Blitzkrieg is a term used to describe a method of offensive warfare designed to strike a swift, focused blow at an enemy using mobile, maneuverable forces, including armored tanks and air support.

Offensive is the operative word. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,950 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Facebook dating . What a load of Sh1te. It's just attractive Oriental girls, all seemingly based in Ireland. " I don't really use this platform. Add me on WhatsApp, my number is 0044#####. Why have a uk number? Its not just 1 either. Pure sh1te!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Grammarly, I spend sooo much time I don't have trying to sign in, then I have to make up a new password that I'll forget or not be able to input to their taste the next time.

I swear they change them when I'm not signed in for more that a day or two.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

"Someone" has trained the dog to anything the dog feels like, giving them treats every time they go out or come in.

What this means is that while they are in bed, im having to open and close the backdoor a million times a night. Every.Dame.Night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My little boy got a game called Bakugan for Xmas. First of all there were not even enough parts in the game to play it as you immediately had to buy add ons. So he got the add ons for his birthday last week but the rules of the game are completely indecipherable and written in text so small that I had real difficulty reading it.

Eventually had to log on to YouTube and listen to an insufferable American child explain how to play in explicit detail.

The game is rubbish by the way. Imagine really expensive top trumps

Post edited by Pawwed Rig on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That eejit of an Irish student who ignored all the warnings and Irish govt advice forcing hard-pressed Ukrainians babysit her to safety.

Hah?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Still waiting on the bloody bank card in the post, it means I have to make a manual withdrawal from the bank as I need to pay rent today, I hardly have any credit left in leap card as I have to travel to town centre to the Ulsterbank in Eyre Square and I have a prescription from Thursday I have to still pay. Its amazing all these little things you can do contactless but now have to do manually as I still yet don't have the bloody card.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

People who's very job is to support me when I have difficulty because of my dyslexia(and the rest) impacted memory, who get cranky when I cant remember stuff!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement