Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

I'm heartbroken for his young family and all the family. Lucky enough to no him well enough to always have a good chat .fit strong and healthy it just shakes you to the core.rip tough few days ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Terrible news, Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭kksaints

Very sad. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,867 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Very shocking, horrible news, your heart would go out to his whole family. Scary too. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭conor05

Very sad, my heart goes out to his young family. RIP

You never know when your last day on this earth will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jonniegoogle

Devastating news. Family man and a great servant to the club. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Rest in peace man great shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭kk.man

RIP

Dull half of hurling. We've played OK, lots of workrate and defensively sound so far. Disappointing to see Tom Phelan go off with what looks like a hamstring injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Another hamstring unfortunately. He was starting to come into the game. Dissapointing match so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Neewollah

Think we should take some positives out of the 1st half. We've shut down a Dublin team who've impressed so far this year. Really have them all over the place. Kick on now in 2nd half and it will be a good day all round.

Backs hurling well as are midfield.

Not sure what they are doing with Buckley though. Doesn't make much sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

I actually think Buckley has been very good at half forward. Probably best I've seen him hurl for a while. I said I didn't understand his selection at midfield but think he's done a lot right at half forward so happy to be wrong. Dublin been very poor.

I love Blanchfields ability to flick a ball away from a man running at goal.

Still don't love our delivery to the full forward line

Very good result. 2nd half performance was really good. Deggan worked brilliantly as a sweeper. Blanchfield had a great performance as did Huw Lawlor. Forwards did well, great workrate and some good finishing for the goals. Ryan and Keoghan could have scored more but they set up a number of scores and Billy Ryan's runs are a real threat. Padraig Walsh scored some nice points and Wally Walsh returned to form. Much better than the last few matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

Impressed with Lawlor, Blanchfield & Carey tonight. Thought the goals were well taken. Dublin very poor. Expected a much tougher match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭dzer2

Really think the tight pitch played into our hands. The forwards worked hard.

You'd have to be happy with that performance tonight granted dublin were very poor but kk worked really hard and played some good hurling. The backs were always on top but dublins attack didn't offer a whole lot. Carey and blanchfield got up the field and got nice scores. Deegans distribution needs attention but he can't be faulted for effort. It's a pity kenny and phelan went off. Was kenny hamstring aswell?huge worry if it was.Donnelly was sharp when he came on. It'll be a great test at home for the Waterford match both teams should have players coming back.The weeks break will be a help to get hurling in at training and hopefully a few injured lads back.its a pity a few more subs didn't get a run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

Good to see Kilkenny score 2-19 from play. Blanchfield has a chance to nail down a place for the championship, Michael Carey too. Huw Lawlor has to be full back. A couple of more matches would be welcome for the likes of Carey Blanchfield, pity about Kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Kenny's injury was something with his right knee - based on the way the physio was getting him to move his leg. I'd say he is ok though because he was contemplating staying on when the decision was made to replace him - I would say as a precautionary measure. Here's hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Anthony Daly giving out about frees being given for the blatant throws on TV last night. They replayed the one he was talking about 3 or 4 times and it became more and more obvious that it was a throw with each replay. Ger Canning even said it on the commentary.

But Daly dug in and said there was a clear motion and that it was a legitimate hand pass. Personally I think it is great to see them being called.

He is too close to that Dublin.team to be an impartial commentator.

Yea I like daly but he does rot me a bit going on bout noelie the goalie and all these kinda malarkey.The throwing is a huge concern and they may keep going with it after starting it but the problem is a tight championship game what will happen if the decision is the winning of a match and replays show the ref got it wrong?steps is nearly a bigger problem and it's not pulled as much.

Overall you'd have to be very happy with kilkennys performance last night. I accept dublin were poor and the match was very flat but kk were really up for it and silenced a few critics for the time being anyway. They had their homework done on dublin and maybe aren't as alien as some think here. The panel is getting that little bit stronger the whole time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

Totally agree with the current crackdown on throwing the ball. I would say if there is a doubt as to whether it is a pass or a throw, the referee should award a free. Players will quickly learn to leave no doubt by having clear separation between the ball and the hand

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

Anything to roumer about TJ getting surgery on his groin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Couldn't agree more and the point is if it's unclear that's not the refs fault it's the players fault as per the rule it has to be a CLEAR striking action. Lads letting the ball roll off their fingers really rots my ****s. Even a lad doing a super quick drop and palm strike with a mm or so between ball and hand while technically a handpass shouldn't be surprised if he gets blown for it as if it's too quick for the ref to see it that's the players problem not the refs.

Waterford had a big win today against a tipp side that will surely struggle later in the year. They had the luxury of resting big names like aussie,barron,lyons and dessie. They're building a serious squad and they need to delivery silverware this season. It'll be a great test for our lads and a much bigger step up in class. Huge energy and workrate that will really test us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Wouldn't be suprised to see waterford rotate their team further for the kk game. Its a nothing match for them. Waterford are all ready in the league semi finals.

Not getting any Injuries will be thier aim in that match while focusing on the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭conor05

I think there is an All Ireland in Waterford or Cork this year.

Limerick will still be going close but I might not sure they have the same hunger as other years.

Wexrord, Kilkenny, Galway, Tipp and Dublin, Clare in the next pack after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Eoin Larkin also said it on Shane Stapleton's podcast on Thursday.

Advertisement