Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance on the scooter - how much?

Options
  • 05-03-2022 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I used to ride motorbikes about 10years ago and then I switched to the car - you know how the story goes.

With current fuel prices and most of my journeys being withing 10k range, I'm considering buying a small 125cc scooter. How much would it be to insure it for 42yo female rider? I went on Carole Nash website but their quote forms are longer than my patience goes. Any rough estimates to give me an idea what to expect?

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

At least 2000000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭D3V!L

You're way off with that. I paid two billionity million euro dollars for a 49cc twist and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Haha, very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

What theyre trying to say is, Boards isn't an insurance consultant. Go ring around. Different for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

the woman is only looking for a ball park for god sake...

• Advertisement

honestly its completly different for everyone as they take into account, jobs, where you live, age, **** everything is asked.

This question is asked multiple times and everytime its the same response. Go ask the people who's job it is to give you a quote, it is literally their job.

for example, myself and another friend have pretty much the exact same bike. He lives 2km from where I do, but I'm older. Same No claims. He's paying €200 more than I do because of location.

There is no point asking on a forum what their insurance might be. If you want to know, ring up the insurance companies, or use their quote system on the website. Pick a generic scooter off adverts as the model, 50cc suzuki whatever. Theyre happy to give you a quote once you know make, model and year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

For a 10km journey a pedal assisted bike would be the cheapest option. There are plenty for less than €1k and you can get them on the bike to work scheme so good value.

To answer your question insurance no one can answer as there are too many variables, hopefully be less than €1000. Have you any bike gear from before? That's going to be another expense if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I bit the bullet and went through Carole Nash online quote muck. It came out as 270€ for Honda pcx or something like that 125cc scooter valued at 2500€.

I do have gear from the past but I won't be wearing full leather suits on the wee scooter 🤣 I also do a bit off road cycling for exercise, so I'm not tempted by another bicycle even if it's peddling itself ☺️

thats not the worse for no bike / moped NCB and a cheap enough scooter.

Get a set of motorcycle jeans and some decent walking boots and you'll be grand. When im doing short trips around the city I've a pair of bike jeans and then boots and leather jacket.

Advertisement