Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian warship, go f**k yourself!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I can safely say I'd take none of your advice, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭kk.man

The amount of us air force planes landing at RAF bases in the last couple of weeks is mind boggling. Not a fan of war n guns or anything but you got to hand it to the yanks. The b52s need a runway of 2miles.

Allegedly, neutral or not, Shannon airport was a Russian nuclear target, precisely because of it's long runway.

There are some folks over on TFF live near Fairford I think it's called, where all types of "interesting" aircraft are flying in and out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

Where are the sanctions really hitting though bass?

Sanctioning an economy whose exports are almost entirely commodities but leaving commodities untouched by sanctions isn't going to hit very hard at all.

All the hype about how Russia is struggling in this seems to be more about getting people in the west to "hold firm", "keep the course", stick it out for the next two weeks as they are critical....

We will probably see inflation cross into double digits this year and convincing the ordinary person in the west of how bad things are in Russia seems to be just about the only strategy available to the government to keep people hoping prices drop back to normal in the near term.

Best case scenario gas, fert and oil hold at similar levels through into summer 23. That puts massive pressure on our economies if it doesn't collapse them sooner.

Grains are going to stay up, beef will severely lag input increases and who knows what milk will do.

All of this just to keep the illusion that America is the greatest superpower and gets to decide the rules.

• Advertisement

Do you ever question any of these wild stories off twitter? Nuking shannon airport ffs, it'd be the equivalent of going hunting rabbits in a tank...

Well respected former Russian Foreign minister's thoughts on nuclear weapons, particularly agree with his ending tweet. Putrid is a KGB thug, blackmail is his bread & butter.

https://twitter.com/andreivkozyrev/status/1500610676926005251?s=20&t=3qPrgtw-i9kF7BrePQ4-_g

Threatening to use nuclear weapons has always been his safety blanky. Caving in to those threats is why he, somewhat rightly still, thought the West was weak and wouldn't react. His groupies have financially raped that country. The corruption being so bad they can't keep vehicles in good order, can't fuel them, can't feed their troops. They have started to use civilian vehicles things are that poor. It's also questionable what state his nuclear forces are in. If they're willing to steal food from the mouths of their soldiers they're fit to steal anything. But, it must be assumed, seeing as quantity has a quality of it's own, that at least some are operational.

When faced with the reality of the situation, I have never, and do not believe that the people Putrid relies on to actually accomplish a launch of his nuclear weapons will go ahead with it. If you are mid level and up, what will be left to steal from the rubble? If you are mid level or down, is there really that level of loyalty to Putinism? He has created a strongman image system, it's not a belief system like communism.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,815 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Have you seen Putin in interviews recently? He shows no signs of stress whatsoever. No dark areas under the eyes. When you are at the top for that long, there is nobody to keep you centred. No one to tell you the truth.

His generals, on the other hand, look weary.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Right, would you disagree that Russia is "going full fascist"?

They've just criminalized independent journalism and protests, seems to be going in that direction..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

The ‘look’ goes with the condition. I’ve noticed that his face has got somewhat puffed up recently . It could be to the use of steroid use , plastic surgery or whatever . I’ve worked with two psychopaths in a previous life and they were very active in what they can get up to and it was daily and they did not have a care in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

A lot of roads in America are designed to be used for planes if the runways are out of action

• Registered Users Posts: 11,593 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Leave him off or sit down and reach a compromise of sorts.

The first would be easier as compromising would mean that the west would be treating Russia with something resembling respect

Okay, there's an aggressive power full on invading a European country.

Your solution is either not to punish him, or capitulate to his demands, correct?

Putin is dictator, he hasn't earned any respect, quite the opposite in the last 10 to 15 years. Why do you think that bowing and scraping and pretending to "respect" him is a solution?

If the Ukrainian people didn't want to fight, their entire army (which is under a democracy) would have collapsed like the Afghan military. Quite the opposite it happening, so from a Ukrainian perspective they don't want to become a vassal state to a power that has been stealing territory from them and conducting hybrid warfare against their country for years. The West is showing we are fully supportive of that decision.

if they want to offer themselves on a plate to a brutal regime, they can, but they are choosing not to.

As for the oil/gas, I agree, but we need to be able to get substitutes/alternative suppliers/etc and the infrastructure alone could take years

Someone may have said it, but I haven't seen any serious players say they think he'll use nukes. Biden was asked a few days ago was there any fear of it and he gave a pretty direct no as an answer. The west seem content enough to support Ukraine with weapons, while knowing at the same time russias economy is imploding much like their armed forces. Time isn't on russias side, so it makes sense, in a perverted way, to let the war play out as is and hope a russian collapse will topple Putrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

• Registered Users Posts: 18,669 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

There oil and gas will be stopped by mid summer. Germany and Austria need to get out of this winter. There is a plan being put in place to use all the LPG storage and switch off russian gas before next winter.I expect the closing of the German nuclear plants will be changed as well.

Slava Ukrainii

Gas prices are at unsustainable levels. If they are going to be trying to run largely off lpg, gas prices are not going to drop much as everything will be very tight.

If Russian oil is limited, price will soar from current levels.

Thr economy needs cheaper oil and gas now, we are heading for a very severe economic downturn otherwise. There won't be the simple option available of printing a bit of money to plaster over the cracks and get us out of this one however.

Putin has lost already.

You can see it with the protests in Russia itself. And this with the guaranteed jailing and possible death in prison. And people still protest.

Even now Putin looks for terms to end the war but with less than originally looked for.

Units in Belarus refuse to travel to Ukraine. Fighter jets are being shot down over Kyiv. Russians leaving units in Ukraine.

Safe ways promised for refugees with russian mines laid down.

More sanctions, more unrest in russia.

It's over. What's worse for Putin is the previous occupied territories of Ukraine will be returned when this is over.

Angela Merkel described Putin as an 18th century leader in the 21st century.

He's way out of his dept.

For russia to come into the 21st century Putin needs to go. Which he will.

Scare tactics that Putin used on western nations have been disregarded now.

People just don't care for him anymore. Hence the lorry backing into the Russian embassy. Finland looking for Nato membership. Protests in Russia itself.

West Cork fishermen bursted the dam.

Going to stay with my guerilla warfare prediction. Russia will lose, but eventually. They cannot pacify or hold the country. Putrid must be declared a war criminal. He cares nothing for the lives of other people, or the existence of other nations but he's weak when it comes to prestige and his own reputation. Give him lifetime membership of the kim young un, assad et al club. Shun the immoral bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭jaymla627

The man has no word, any agreement the Ukrainians sign, wont be upheld by the Russians, you can't agree surrender terms with a party you know isn't going to abide by them

No will not. Three months ago on another forum I forecast that the Russian army was not the force that many taught it was. I was a bit out in my prediction it a lot worse than I taught. If the Ukraine had an airforce it would be a lot worse for the Russians.

I would not be surprised to see Ukraine suddenly have an airforce. There is a lot of VSTL ( vertical short take off and landing) fighter jet models in NATO forces. These are ideal in combat as they are not tied to airfields. They can be landed and take off again from small roads. Moved 1-2 mile's away and hidden for a while before taking off again.

There is a rumour that there is Ukraine pilots training in the west at present. If there is these are the jet fighters that will be used. After the jet fighter takes off again at night you move your compete set up 40-50 miles to a new landing strip.

The west has decided to fight this war now. It knows it cannot walk away. Putin like many saw Biden as a doddering old man. He is probably the shrewdest US president in decades.

When he was in Congress and the Senate he had a name for beings deal maker and getting things accross the line. He is dragging Germany France and Italy slowly with him. He has not spoken to the leader of Saudi Arabia since his inauguration. Neither will he but the Saudis will be pumping what oil he wants before the summer. Iran is on the way in from the cold and it's oil as well close the gap on Russian production.

Slava Ukrainii

Q:How do you kill two Russian generals?

A: In the back.

• Advertisement

Of the head.

Russia has had a huge intelligence failure from the start of this conflict. US intelligence has had it on the nail since it started.

As well there seems to be truth that the Wagner group contract soldiers who were coming in by plane to capture/kill Zelenski were wiped out as they landed near Kyiv.

This time Ukraine were able to name the actual general they killed. They were confident enough to name him as if he was alive the Russians will have him.on TV tomorrow with a copy of today's paper

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement