Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society (Round 2) Carton House Montgomerie Golf Course (12th March 1130 hrs.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Hopefully we can play off the white tees - from memory playing off the greens takes almost all of the fairway bunkers out of play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

It’s greens, there is no other choice in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Dont know about that! Last time will played it in society it was off the greens and loads found bunkers plus it was a low enough winning score like a 36 or something I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Ok, so finally I had my next few weeks planned and I could get this in my schedule, looking forward to another poor day of golf but great fun with the boardsies! Very lucky there was a spot available!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Yes Jarrieta, very popular these days.

one spot left now folks, if it is not taken up early next week we will review option to allow a visitor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭SEORG

Can't make this one, unfortunately. I look forward to the post reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

Hopefully I'll be in a position to attend but won't know for sure until early next week. If space goes in the meantime all well and good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shame we weren't playing this weekend, with the weather that we have right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Was supposed to be playing my first round since The Jug today, course frozen over and even though I was out at 10.30 the backlog meant they wouldn't let us out. -3 last night in the Midlands

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Seems to be the same all over the place. We were due out at 9.30am. Course inspection at 7am said unplayable, next inspection at 9am. 9am inspection said unplayable, next inspection at 10am. 10am it opened and we were told we could still show up for our 9.30am tee time but no guarantees we'd get out.

Was really up for it today too 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

We were open today. Temp greens to start then as I played my approach to 6 pin high but slightly right of target nothing to worry about. Green keeper decided to check the main green and put it in play. In doing so he brought the big tree blocking the green very much into play for me. 🤦‍♂️

Hope my playing partners have a decent eye next week I could be left or I could be right, one things for certain I'll rarely be troubling the fairway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Ordered new irons in September - still haven't come - was hoping they'd arrive this week so I could trial run this weekend and a few nights next week - knowing my luck they'll arrive Friday - I won't be able to resist playing with them Saturday and they'll be on Done Deal come Sunday 🤣

Out at 10.30 tomorrow hoping even if frost delays, course will open at that time.

Jaysus that’s some wait since September….. but then I suppose it takes time to get all the gold plating done 🤑

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭swededmonkey

Had an impromptu round in carton house today. The bunkers are as challenging as everyone has made out. If you can avoid them, you can score well. Saying that everytime I found one, I scratched a hole 😃 but managed to finish with 37 points

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Well poo....I tested positive yesterday so with quarantine I won't be making it to carton house Saturday. Was really looking forward to this as it's unlikely I was going to make the following 2 outings with family commitments. Enjoy all and I look forward to the reports....well maybe not.

Tough break Rickis. Hope you recover quick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭boccy23

Just a question as there was confusion the last day, are we swapping cards going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Nice , when you can get it Swede. What were ground conditions like ? As good as the links ?

• Advertisement

2 spots available for 12:30 tee time next Saturday.

any members interested should get booking asap. Will review for visitors in next day or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭spuddy4711

Aiming to win prize for cleanest clubs. Madam Spuddy unimpressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

A bit early my friend...need to be out at least twice before Saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Didn't get a round in at the weekend, but managed to get up to practice area for about an hour or so. Felt productive, bit of bunker practice was gotten in...the fear is kicking in

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Big problem with bunker practice is...it is not easy to organise or get right facility...

How on earth do you practice 7 foot high fairway bunkers 170 yards out

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Manhatton

Lads, I tested positive for Covid today so have to withdraw from outing on Saturday. Very disappointed as I was have never played Carton house before and I was really looking forward to it. 11.40 slot open.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭swededmonkey

The fairways were in great shape, not as firm as the links but nice and dry for the most part. The greens definitely weren't as quick as the starter led us to believe but still in good shape for early March

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭a post punk

Wow this outing is coming up really quick. Managed to get out Sunday after the frost thawed around 10:30 with SSbob. Super day for golf and didn’t play too bad either…. I only hit 1 bunker all day let’s hope I avoid them again at the weekend ……I’m on the last slot this time so will prob miss most of the rugby but looking forward to Fixde’s post round speeches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

Grim enough weather forecast. Serious pour of rain coming on wednesday with Saturday itself looking like its going to be a wet one

• Advertisement

Benny do your rain dance all over this lad. No room for talk like that round these parts 🤣

Advertisement