Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central credit register , quicker report

• 04-03-2022 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wanted to let everyone know that despite what you are told the central credit register are NOT the only way to obtain your credit report in ireland !! After a lot of digging i have eventually found out that you can obtain a report on solocheck.ie , you pop in your details pay 8 euro and you will have your report in less than 5 minutes !!!! After a month waiting and still waiting on the central credit register , we have just done it ourselves in about 2 minutes ...

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi @wicklow28 welcome to Boards. I have just moved your post to the Banking forum for you - the Bank of Ireland forum where you posted is just for Bank of Ireland queries.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

This company has no access to the CCR database and since the lending institutions rely on their CCR access to make a determination, it is of little use to most private individuals. The CCR report includes unsettled debt, which is something no third party will have access to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

That's not comparing equal things:

Here is what Solocheck give you Check Individuals - Irish Company Info - SoloCheck

Here is what the Governments forced CCR shows: What is included on the credit report | Central Credit Register and here an example: Central Credit Register €

The CCR will show every single line of credit over 500€ you have with detailed payments while SoloCheck will just give you public available data.

The CCR is simply the ICB on steroids (without credit score) put on a mandatory basis and than costing the ICB's jobs to go away because you know goverment can do it better!

It is in compliance with EU directive nothing to do with the quality of ICB.

Sure, when is the EU going to go after those countries where the Government does not do this sort of data collection and leaves it to private companies?

The CCR is the government deciding they can do something better (they can't as the lead times to get simple reports show) with the loss of jobs in a private company (ICB). Now don't get me wrong the ICB was not really good, but this CCR is beyond what both technology and service delivery can do.

In Germany for example, I can get my credit report (which by the way is done by a private company and not the Government, so looking forward to that directive being implemented there) in seconds online and if I am willing to pay extra, I can for example get alerts. Even living abroad.

I mean I hate the german schufa as much as the next guy but at least it's easy to access unlike the CCR where it took me 8 weeks recently because they disputed that my signature is my signature after 4 weeks (my signature matches my passport so clearly this was to deliver an excuse for the delay) and it took them another 4 weeks afterwards to finally give me the report. And the joke is, I did not even submit a new application, I simply sent the same paperwork with the same signature editing the date. 8 weeks for something that should have taken a day maximum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,297 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The CCR is operated by a private firm (Crif I think) so any inefficiencies are not governmental

Just because you outsource something to an Italian company does not mean you are not responsible for it. The Central Bank outsourced this monster, it is responsible for it even if it's delivered by someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wicklow28

They do and they told me that on the phone , they said that they supply and receive information to and from the CCR . The central bank also told me this ..

The entire point of obtaining this report is so that you know what the lender will see when they access your records at the CCR getting a report from anyone else defeats the purpose.

Advertisement