Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭wassie

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

Presume you are only paying upon receipt of an invoice?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

I paid when it told me that payment was required on the account. I assume an invoice will be forthcoming on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Seems as though another week closes without any communication from Tesla about M3 deliveries. If the March delivery schedule (last two weeks) is to be met, it seems like a mad dash to finish line. I know I am not alone and anxiety rises,...I remain hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭ferg01

Thanks @vincentohanlon , I only finished paying on Thursday so it might be another few days yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s the 5th March.

there’s loads of march left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ferturn

SEINE HIGHWAY has appeared on the Dublin port arrivals board as inbound from Zeebrugge this Wednesday (9th) night. That’s a KESS ship and is listed as a RORO car carrier - all matching what we have seen so far for Tesla deliveries to Ireland

Currently on the way to Zeebrugge to pick up cars already dropped off by ships from Shanghai I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 34 vincentohanlon

Correct (kind of). I also paid before the 'final invoice' was issued, but received that final invoice yesterday for collection tomorrow. So payment before invoice (although you do have an order agreement which clearly outlines what good you are receiving) and invoice before collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

First supercharger session on the M1, and finally got rid of the front plate…

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

Plate look good. Any tips for putting them on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Buy a cheap vinyl applicator tool with a felt edge off Amazon, and use masking tape to outline the existing frame before you remove it - Makes it much easier to apply it symmetrical. The vinyl is pretty forgiving, you can peal it off and reapply many times without damage.

Haven't decided just yet, usually I buy the pressed metal plates from Eireplates. Might put one of those on the back / another vinyl

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Just found a great little feature on the car today.

Whenever the sun is in front of you it nearly always goes through the little gap between the visor and the rear view mirror. Nope. Simply slide the visor towards the mirror. Genius!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Vinyl plate looks great! If there are 2 holes on bumper when original plate is removed then did you have to do anything with these to "shave" them down so surface is perfectly smooth before vinyl goes on? I have just ordered the vinyl plates now online at EirePlates

I did exactly as Andy suggested earlier in the thread, deburred the holes with a slightly larger drill bit and then put a small piece of sellotape over each hole to level the surface.

You can barely tell the sellotape is underneath in the end.

I actually just ordered a second vinyl plate for the back, delighted with how it turned out 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Like the chrome delete on the front badge!

Do you like the aero covers? Have you taken them off to reveal the very nice looking alloy wheels beneath? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 barryduffy

Called Tesla support this morning - they're back to "end of the month" talk. It does seem to depend entirely on who you get. This guy couldn't tell if my car was in Ireland. Others think it's here over a week. Frustrating, to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

It's incredible when it feels so close but no-one will tell you anything. I think (hope?) they are hedging their bets... it's in Tesla's interests to get the cars delivered to us by the end of March (their financial quarter end, they can't recognise revenue until the car is delivered and they don't want to have a load of inventory sitting on their books) so I'm just pushing out my excitement to the end of March (*) until someone tells me otherwise.

* - this is a lie. I'm like a child on Christmas Eve! 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

There are many of us in this position and it certainly is a frustration. Any form of communication would be good ..but I agree with others that it depends on who you get to speak with . Last time i spoke (about a week ago) they were confident of a delivery in last two weeks of March but they also said that communications would be going out ... and I haven't received anything. I also was awaiting the communication before I arranged the payment and I hope that is not a reason for absence of communication. Am ready to make full payment once I get advised of delivery date....i hope thats not a mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

I gave it a go this morning , came out well, couple of small air bubbles but not noticeable unless you are an inch away! I just attached the rear plate using gorilla tape which looks good and easier than the vinyl. Just waiting on my chrome deletes for front and back Tesla badges and I’m done.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

If any bubbles that are annoying you, you could just prick them with a very fine needle and press the air out. I did this on a few small ones, and it worked fine, many power hoses later and there's not a bother with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 barryduffy

I called into Sandyford there - same story. If you haven't got your text by now, you're in the last batch for the last two weeks of March. I'm sure we'll all be sorted by April 1st but was really hoping for Paddys Day.

€7 badge covers from Aliexpress!

i actually quite like the aero wheels in person, when I ordered I was planning to remove them immediately 😂

Had my first issue today and it wasn’t with the car - The type 2 public charge cable included seems to be faulty, tried two other cables without issue. Car is unable to communicate with the charger properly, “just says ready to charge”

Should I call into Sandyford for a warranty replacement? Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes. Log the issue on the app and a ranger might call out and swap the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

The ranger is calling to me on Thursday to fix the slight rear bumper misalignment. How do I notify Tesla that I want a few other bits looked at? Cannot update the present appointment, or start a new one without cancelling the present one.

This morning had to use the emergency cable release in boot again, seems potluck if the normal release methods work. Also my dipped lights were blinding oncoming traffic, have turned them down a bit on the service setting but feel they need further adjusting and don't want to mess around there too much.

Otherwise car is brilliant..😊

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

I believe there's a ship due into Dublin port on Wed, so hoping mine is on that. A VIN finally appeared in the source code of my account this morning so 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Am judging whether to go new or SH with a Model 3 (if prices improve). What's blocking me is usual work contract uncertainty, and not being comfortable paying over 50k for any car.

As far I could tell, these are the feature add-on changes according to model year.

192-202 BASE model (Freemont NCA 55KWh, optional fog lights (halogen only?), heated front seats only, LED headlights, etc)

202 - chrome delete as standard

211 - as above + heat pump, and NCA 55 KWh (Fremont) or LFP 55KWh (China) batteries, wireless charging, auto boot opener, matte trim around dash

221 - as above + LFP 60kWH, heated steering wheel, double-glazed front

There are lots of other smaller changes, of course, but hitting price are the add-on costs for colour. In the US there is no charge for silver metallic, and in Ireland it varies according to year. So previously black was included, but now everything but white is €1200 extra, while red somehow somehow costs €2300 extra because it is 'multicoat'. I would be reluctant to pay a makey-uppy cost for silver metallic because it brings it to €51,037. It is like when they add on enhanced 'autopilot' to used cars and price them the same as new.

The value point for second hand would be close to 40k for base models, or around 46k for the late 2021 unicorn models or those with most of the current new features. I think I would definitely want heated front seats and heat pump for that extra efficiency, while a heated wheel is a nice-to-have. That means a 211 or newer, right? Aesthetically, the chrome on the older Model 3s has started to look a bit tired, too.

(When will they re-add the search thread functionality to Boards.ie? Nearly a year on and still missing very basic things.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Take a peak at the rims...then make your final decision :D

Advertisement