Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

95 was some year. Well before my time but fcuk me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Bloody hell!!! That's a hell of a lineup. And I thought the Oxegen (I know, I know) 2010 lineup was big:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭crl84

Some good stuff there. Robert Plant, Jesus and Mary Chain, McCartney of course. A lot of regulars. Not blown away but good start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I think that's a cracking first poster, at least 20 acts that I'd go and see as stand alone gigs.

Mccartney and Plant on the same weekend, 17 year old me just wet himself.

• Advertisement

Yeah. The more I read. Skunk Anansie!!! Always wanted to see them

Remember seeing The Killers in the "secret" gig in John Peel in 2018 was it? Started their set "They say you play twice in John Peel. Once on the way up, and once on the way down.... It's good to be back in John Peel tent" (And it was a BLINDING gig)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Be interesting to see where Fontaines are placed, wouldn't be surprised to see them sub The other stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Mouth watering line up, ye lucky bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Well folks.. myself and herself were in two minds what to do. We have tickets booked. Would we enjoy it? is it too expensive, should we go on nice holiday instead ..nice hotel, scratch arse etc.. no mud!

Then we thought f**k it. You're a long time dead + I think there will be severe FOMO as we get nearer. 40 odd is still young ish

Will be paying the deposit this weekend 😁😁.

Hopefully get to meet up with some on here if there is a get together.

You will. If you've ever enjoyed it on BBC you can't beat actually being in amongst the flags at the Pyramid. Or chilling out in a chair in a field with a beer or local cider at 11:00 AM on a Saturday morning. The people you meet are great, there is no hassle. I remember explaining the difference between, say, Oxegen and Glasto. In Oxegen they wouldn't allow you to bring in spray-on deodorant because toe-rags used them as flamethrowers to set people's tents alight. In Glasto they used to have little cubicles where you could get a bag of wood to have a little campfire if there was sufficient space around your tents (I don't think they do that anymore though). Music is only part of Glasto. You could go there and not go to one single headliner (Personally I will skip Billie Eilish and Kendrick Lamarr 'cos I'm old as f*ck).

You will hear variations of what I posted above, here from others

• Pace yourself and be realistic with what you want to see. You won't get (or will rarely get) "20 mins of this act here and 30 mins there and 20 mins somewhere else". Plan what you want to see but also leave yourself plenty of gaps to explore. IT's not all about The Pyramid, Other and Park stages. Leave yourself gaps to just go for a mooch around at least a couple of times each day.
    • Your first Glasto can be tough. You'll get your 10,000 steps in, that's for sure. But you'll be SO glad you did it
    • Choose your camping spot carefully. Ideally higher ground. You CAN camp pretty damn close to the stages but remember the pedestrian traffic and noise late and potential rain. Personally, I normally camp hear the coach gate. It's fun watching people come in, all excited and happy...... and clean and now they have moved John Peel tent quite near there.
    • Use a good, two skin tent. Do NOT buy a cheap one skin "Festival" tent.
    • Take all the photos and videos you want (You'll get some great photos especially) but don't watch the festival through your phone. You want to do that then you may as well watch bbc iPlayer at home on your phone :)
    • As mentioned above, don't be afraid of the long-drop toilets. They sound bad but I don't know what voodoo the sawdust/compost does, they are actually not bad (And a billion times better than portaloos)
    • Try the food. They have everything from many many vegetarian and vegan places to a roast pig
    • I know it's a cliche but age range really IS from 7 months to 70. I was at Chemical Bros in 2019. Towards the back. Woman behind's phone rings. She's talking away. No probs, it's all good. Obviously the person on phone puts their kid on. The woman talks for a bit before saying "OK sweetie, granny's got to go. She's at The Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury". lol

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭crl84

Yeah, solid as usual, but nothing particularly mind-blowing. Usually there's a few complete curveballs or surprising acts on it, but this one is pretty run-of-the-mill with acts that were all known and/or announced for other festivals throughout June/July.

Still a good line-up though obviously, with some more big names to come no doubt, along with all the smaller stages.

And of course, if ever there's a festival where you can have an amazing time without ever going near the main stages, it's Glastonbury...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Correct decision. Sun holidays are always an option but there's no guarantee you'll get a ticket for this again. There's loads of people 40+ at it, it's not like electric picnic or body & soul.

It's hard to believe that it's finally going to happen again but I paid my ticket balance on Monday and flights are booked. Most of my crew from 2019 are still going so I'm all set. Poster looks good, as usual some names you'd never get at any other festival (Diana Ross and Paul McCartney at the same festival in 2022???)

Yeh I've been few times before about 20yrs ago ! Sound advise tho. Cheers for that.

Lookin forward to it now !

Yeh very true.

Plant and Allison Krauss should be a cracker

The more I look at that poster the better it gets. When they start giving us the individual lineups for each area I think it'll one of the best overall lineups in years. There's no muck at all like Coldplay, George Ezra etc.

EXACTLY right. Initially I was a little underwhelmed but the more I looked, the more I like. Think I'll be catching McCartney and that's about it at Pyramid (Went to see bootleg Beatles instead of REAL Rolling Stones whatever that year was)

Much wider range of acts than usual.

Yeah McCartney is a must really, the field will be rammed. I'm tempted by Kendrick as well but it's hard to plan until we get stage times etc, the clashes could be brutal this year.

• Advertisement

FAEACA ..... Did you get a reply ? I'd rather they just post the stuff out to us. Saves all the ball ache !

Personally I can't wait for

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Checked over the weekend to make sure my registration was still in place. It was but the pic was a little scary!!

I have a registration for myself and my son. Will be giving it a go in the resale lottery. Have never been before.

Biggest regret was in 2019 where I made it to the ticket page for Coach tickets but with all my hesitating lost my place.

Just wondering how many tickets one person can buy?? Was 6 in the past.

Also, would any non ticketholders on here be up for pooling registrations i.e. I would try for tickets for myself and another person and they would do the same for me. It would increase chances of securing a ticket. Level of trust involved I know. Would need to share registration numbers etc. Could PM details. Let me know if you are interested.

The coach resale is 2 tickets max and the general resale in 4 tickets max.

And yeah, you'd have a better chance technically if pooling but Ive only ever been in one other group - some years just me - and have always managed to get tickets. Apart from this year. I know of people who are in huge groups with spreadsheets and stuff anf never get any. Its completely random.

I work from home. During last couple of rounds I had:

My personal laptop trying.

My work laptop logged into work and trying from a French location AND UK location.

A tablet connected to my phone (Not WiFi).

And STILL couldn't get through (But thankfully one of our team did)

Only ever used 1 device, 1 tab. Its complete pot luck

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FAEACA

Got an email from See Tickets this morning saying they'll post tickets out to me if I want and asked me to confirm that the address I had on the payment page was the correct address.

Whether they will actually follow through or not come end of May/start of June is anyone's guess.

Nice one. Cheers for the response. I'll drop them an email. Hopefully they'll post them out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Yeah we were in a syndicate with over 100 people for this year's tickets. I believe the success rate was something around 55%.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There used to be some techniques you could make use of to increase chances of getting through, like having Internet connections from non UK locations for example, but been a good while since I've found that kind of thing made any kind of difference. Just pot luck now and the chances appear pretty similar whatever setup you have now...unless you get really lucky and they have left a backdoor open on one of the servers but that's not happened for years either.

Advertisement