Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch that turns off after a delay

Options
  • 07-03-2022 2:30pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there such a module that will turn off after a delay? Module would have L+N in with L+N out, and when L in gets turned on, the L out stays live for a pre-determined time - say 5 mins (screw adjustable)? I think a hall light in apartment blocks may have them, but I have not come across any for sale.

I have heated mirrors that is wired to a light, but I want the mirrors only to be heated for long enough to clear the fog on them, even if the light is left on unintentionally. The opposite to the one that a bathroom fan has that is kept running for a while after the light is turned off.

I have found it completely impossible to explain to the electrical suppliers what I want. Grateful for any suggestions.

Comments

Advertisement