Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

first quote in ->

22 panels 370 watt 8.1kw 

6kw solis hybrid inverter

5kw pure drive battery

Eddi / wi fi dongle

12500 gross / 10100 net of grant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

That's not bad at all. Try a haggle but I think its a good quote.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Good price. First I've seen in a while hit the rule of thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Barrak

Hi guys, great thread to date. Finding it hard to nail down a decent company for a quotation. So far seems to be off the charts quote wise. We just bought a house 5 months ago and it already has 3 solar water panels. I got a Zappi installed for our ID3. Also thoughts on PV panels alone versus PV and battery storage? It would be an E-W array due our roof set up. One installer reckoned 12 panels would be doable on the E-W set up. Would be great if anyone could PM recommendations for companies they have had good experience/quotations from.

Thanks a million,

Barry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

thanks lads

i asked to inlude zapi & hub and haggled out to 13k gross, 10k net of all grants

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kavanaa1

Hi all

Some great information here.

Just had my first rep come by after I returned a flyer I got in the door for a no obligation quote (I know).

After a lengthy presentation I got to the point of a quote

4kW system, inverter, diverter, 5kWhr battery for 14,500 incl VAT, after grant and a one time 3000 marketing "discount". There was some sort of referral scheme too I could earn from.

A quick look here tells me I made the correct decision not to sign the contract I was presented with this amazing offer

The research continues..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Every man & his dog here knows which company you just encountered...

The scandalous price, the BS "one off discount", the pressure to sign and the pyramid referral scheme. That's a €7k system at most and they tried to sting you for €14.5k.

Absolute scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Someone on FaceBook just posted a quote of €19,376 for 24 panels (size not given) + BER + E Shunt and the 'salesman' said no need for a battery based on the users usage.......

24 panels = €18,704

BER = €410

E Shunt (I presume this is a priority switch?) = €262

Surely that's a record?

I'd also expect to see more of these outrageous quotes given the current situation re oil/gas prices..

The cowboys are out in force!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Jaysus they are some serious quotes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Wow!

Well, that's the record in terms of actual price. I think one of the previous quotes (for a smaller system) was worse in terms of value, but that's like......wow! The interesting thing is that they are putting in ~8Kwp as it's 24 panels, so to not recommend a battery is just insane.

Plus if they can con someone into spending that for a non battery system, why not go the whole hog and chuck in a 5kWh battery for another €10k!

She hasn't come back to any of our warnings, hope she didn't go for it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I would imagine we can all guess what company that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Gilbey

First quote for me today.

16 panels 6.48kw system. No battery 8600euros after grants.

With battery 5kw is 13000euros after grants

How does this fair out.

Thats a lot.....

I got 5.78kWp (17 panels), and a 5kWh battery, Eddi, & 11 optimisers for €8,820 after grant last October.

That system you've been quoted (with battery) should be no more that €10k after grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Gilbey

Thanks can u pm who u went with?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

This is a great thread with a lot of useful information, really helps with getting my head around this stuff.

Can someone PM me the names of the top 3 suppliers?

The no-battery option is a bit high but not scandalous, but how they manage to add €4.5k for a 5kWh battery (and presumably change to hybrid inverter) is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

She won't say who they were.

Thankfully she didn't sign anything

Yeah, for the same money she could get that same system, but with a battery, and then buy an old 24kWh Nissan Leaf, and still have about €1,500 left over for a family holiday to Spain!!!

It was the company with the number in its name. She dodged a Bullitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 superemote

Hi folks, thanks again for all the sharing, great place to get a feel for the market. This is what I am going with after a very gentle haggle:

16 PANELS 370 WATT 5.90 KW JA SOLAR

5KW HYBRID SOLIS INVERTER

5KW PURE DRIVE BATTERY

EDDI WATER DIVERTER

WI FI DONGLE 

PRICE 11000 EUROS INC VAT 

GRANT 2400 EUROS APPLY TO SEA

No ber

TOTAL 8600 EUROS

That’s a fairly good quote, and looking at the equipment I’m guessing Enniskillen?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭meelick

Hi,

I got my first quote recently, seems to be pretty much in line with the rule-of-thumb:

16 455W Jinko Panels (7.28kWp total)

Ground Mount System

Grid connected 6kW Solis hybrid inverter, plus safety switch

No battery, I'm doing a 10hWh DIY.

Just shy of €10,000 before grant, just shy of €7,600 after the grant of €2,400, which it qualifies for. They do grant paperwork.

I get BER done after install, and forward to installer, they do grant paperwork. House built circa 2000.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MightyToastie

Hi all,

Long time lurker. Just got a quote and went with the following:

16 X 370W JA Solar panels black (5.92 kWp total)

1 X 6KW Solis Hybrid Inverter

10KW (2 X 5KW) Puredrive batteries

Wifi-dongle

No Eddi

Price after grant is 10,300

Will possibly come back and add an Eddi later on but not required at the moment. Roof has room for another 16 panels so might even grow the system again later on in the year though the above definitely meets our current requirements. When I pick up an electric car in the future will pick up a Zappi once I can apply for the grant for that as well.

Just be aware that if you were doubling that system from 6kW to 12kW, you'd need a new bigger inverter.

The advise would be that if you want to go large, do it at the beginning, as getting someone back to do a '2nd install' would cost a lot more than just tagging on the additional work to the original install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Absolutely doing the right thing, but consider spending the extra €1300 and buy a second 10kW of batteries, because with that amount of panels, you'll be filling them up very quickly. If you add a second 16, you could just add them in the same string, but you'd need an extra pack of busbars

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement