Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

just awful...really hope they dont make the top 4 this year..

I had thought this was probably the best chance of City dropping points outside of our game with them, United really are a shambles. No room for error between now and end of season unfortunately, it could come down to GD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Funny I was only thinking same myself watching him earlier on. He really is sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I don't think anyone is going to do us any favours, looks like we'll have to win all our games and hopefully win it on goal difference which is really tight at the moment and could go anyway especially if teams are in holiday mode towards end of season and allow either ourselves or City to score 5 or 6, could well be the difference.

We also look to have a harder run in playing Arsenal, Spurs, United and Everton, both Everton and United are crap, but, you can bet they will do all they can to dent our title chances. City's toughest fixtures outside of us look to be their last 3 against Newcastle, West Ham and Aston Villa, at that stage both Newcastle and West Ham might have nothing really to play for, would be hoping that with Gerrard in charge of Villa, they at least won't roll over for City.

Post edited by Girly Gal on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I thought Utd would have some sort of dead cat bounce effect today and maybe scrape a draw but no...they are pure shyte.

Annoying to see City cruise in what should have been a tough game but it's always mildly enjoyable to see Utd lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Palace away next Monday won't be a gimme for us. See what they did to Wolves', admittedly remote, top 4 chances yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I fairness, he said "MIGHT be leaning into an offside position". I actually thought it was going to be chalked off when I saw the still frame myself (but then I think that every time I see an offside VAR check, no matter who's playing!)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

They are the great entertainers though, credit where its due 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Ye we really could have done with City dropping points here and UTD showing up for once this season!. We have some though games left, away to Arsenal and City and also have to play UTD, Everton, Spurs. Obviously the latter 3 are playing quite sh**e at the minute and we have them at home, but watch them turn into 70's Brazil when it comes to derailing us in a title challenge. For whatever reason Spurs love turning up against us! City have to go away to Palace, West Ham, Leeds and Wolves...hopefully WH, Leeds and Wolves can rediscover their earlier form for those games, if they don't it is hard to see City dropping points anywhere on the run in. It feels like the 18/19 season all over again 😥😥😥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

They will pull out all the stops when they play us for sure....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Robert2014

Also when referees decide not to apply the rules of handball to them too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

We need City to drop points in at least one game and for us to beat them imo, as well as being perfect in the other games which is a big ask. The longer an winning run goes the closer it is to ending and ours is 7 now. our most ever for wins in a row is 18 ,11 games left, so we'd have to be matching that to win the league as things stand.

We will defo drop points somewhere along the way imo and heads will fall off all over the shop when we do if they haven't dropped any before then. Just keep the pressure on as best we can and see where it takes us. Maybe Stevie on the final day of the season will have a say in things.

Ya we deffo need them to somehow slip up somewhere. I think Palace this Monday is the best chance and maybe away West Ham in a few weeks. Outside of us, their only other remaining difficult games are away to Leeds and Wolves but unfortunately both those teams are now having form issues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Salah was very poor in his decision making v Westham,

He needs to relax & the goals will come stop trying to force them, Every season he seems to have a little period of trying to hard and then when he goes back to playing natural game the goals just come,

Would bee nice to see Jota & Bobby back in the starting 11 v Inter , Give the 2 African lads a rest but they don't seem to like being benched in the champions league even for gimme games ( not calling Inter a gimme)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Palace is the one that I think might be tricky for City. I don't hold out hope, but you're right, that one isn't a gimme at all at the moment.

Liverpool have many more tricky games to come, so I still fully expect City to win the League, but for all the talk of City's billions (which I do plenty of), the squad is one or 2 injuries away from being in a bit of trouble. Pep has to manage niggles very carefully, because the squad is not massive deep. the depth he does have is top class, but there isn't a limitless bench.

keep Rodri, Silva and both your CBs fit (until Dias comes back), then I think it'll be hard to stop City from here.

Personally i think we need to beat City & hope they also lose 1 & draw 1

There no way we go the ret of the season without dropping points,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

The league is still City's to lose. We just focus on our own games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Salah hasn't been poor, but he's been slightly off his best since AFCON. The contrast between his form and Mane 's is interesting, winning AFCON seems to have energised Mane in contrast to Mo being slightly off his normal levels. Hopefully he'll just settle back to normal real soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Salah played a ridiculous amount of football in the AFCON too, 120 minutes in every knockout match I think. Even if that didn’t tire him out physically, it certainly would have exhausted him mentally. He hasn’t had a proper chance to rest since and he won’t for the remainder of the season with crucial international games coming up against Senegal and fighting for three trophies with Liverpool (maybe just two, if he’s given a break for the FA Cup games).

He’ll hit form again, I’m pretty confident of that. I think a lot do forget how important Firmino is to Salah’s game. Mane too, of course, but Bobby does so many little things to free up an extra yard of space here and there and Mo thrives in those little spaces. We’ve seen so little of that traditional front three lately compared to what we’re used to, and it’s easy to forget how perfectly balanced it is between the three players. It’s brilliant that we have the depth to play well with changes up front now, but you really do see the best of Mane, Firmino and Salah when they play together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports today that Jesse Marsch wants to sign Minamino in the summer.

Just need to get  Raphinha in part exchange ;)

Hendo talking about the time Rodgers agreed to sell him out of the club for Clint Dempsey

Ye i agree he has to be drained a bit ,

The great thing about Mo is even out of form he is still getting chances, he goals will flow again no worries there ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

The odds are really stacked in City's favour, an easier run in, with plenty of chances to improve their goal difference, they can even afford to lose to us and still have a decent chance of winning the league. We could well win all our matches ( I'd be very surprised if we do) and still miss out. It's definitely City's to lose. All we can do is win our matches and hope City slip up somewhere other than against us.

We could really do with West Ham getting back to their early season form and be maybe back in contention for a CL finish when City come to town! Because otherwise, bar the Palace game and our game hopefully I really don't see where they could potentially drop points!

The beauty of football , we wouldn't have given Palace or Spurs a prayer at the time going to City ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Forest vs Huddersfield is on ITV4 now, if you wanted to check out our next FA Cup opponents

Huddersfield 1 up against the run of play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I cant see Lampard lasting the season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I think it's Coleman s last season of pl whatever happens, speed is gone.

He mightn't last the night the way this match is going

• Advertisement

Forrest it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

Everton really are a disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Great isn't it 😁. Them and United in absolute turmoil while Klopps reds are battling for every trophy going. Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Updated March Games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Is the Man U game tentatively pencilled in anywhere yet?

First free midweek is between the Villa/Cup semi-final game and Everton game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I can actually see Everton going down this year. They're just 1 point from relegation but still need to play Wolves, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea and West Ham. Tough fixtures for any team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

12 pts from 21 games, insipid form.

Only for the 10 pts from the first four games they'd be buried.

I still think they'll survive due to the 3 below being so poor plus they'll probably reel in Brentford as well with a few home wins.

Not sure how they'll feel going into the new season under Lampard though regardless.

Speaking of Everton they can not match Liverpool points total so officially finish behind Liverpool on March 7th Liverpool are on 63 max Everton can get if they somehow win all their games until the end of the season is 61

I went with ITV time last night guessing 5:15 is the time the program starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

As mentioned that is the first open midweek. We have a potential 7 open midweeks between now and the end of the season. Most likely we make the Fa Cup SF and go through tonight. If we lose both those there would be 5 open slots to fit in 2 matches. If we however go through to the SF of the CL and the final of the FA Cup then it gets interesting as there would be 3 open midweek slots to fit in 3 matches. That would be the Man U match, Aston Villa - FA Cup Semi and Southampton - FA Cup final.

Should we get to that stage we will be playing twice a week until the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Some talk in the Italian media that one of Salah or Mane will be rested tonight. However they get their news!

A professional job is needed tonight. No need to go wild, although a comprehensive win is always welcome.

Inter have actually been in poor form since the 1st leg and only got their first win in a month on Friday night. Barella will be suspended again, which will be a loss to them.

Play the game like we always do and that's go after them form the start,

The best way for English sides to deal with Serie A sides is to blow them away with intensity ,Serie A is now a retirement home for footballers,

Put these to the sword and let everyone know coming to Anfield on a European night is like getting the death sentence ,its just a matter of time until you done,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I would like Salah to have a rest tonight..

And Mane can have a rest too, after he bangs in a couple of goals. We should have way too much for this Inter team. I was thinking it might have potential to be a mad match but looking at the Inter squad i dont believe it will. Remember they were dead on their feet in after 60 mins in the first leg!

• Advertisement

What do Inter do tonight,

I reckon they will sit in and hope to get the first goal from a counter or a set piece but will ultimately concede first and then have to come after us and get completely taken apart,

Advertisement