Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

Is anyone finding they are getting flashed while driving on rural roads at night?

I have gotten a few flashes over the last month, I assume its because of the unusual headlamp design leads people to think I have full headlights on even though I keep them on the lowest setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scorpio27

Yes. Everytime I drive at night on rural roads cars are flashing me. Checked and am on lowest setting. Not sure what can be done about it?

New to thread. Got car about 4 weeks ago. Traded in Leaf and was a bit wary as loved the Leaf but range not good enough.

Delighted with Ioniq 5 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Thanks, but the rattle from the child seats will drown it out in mine 😀

Spotted another truck load of ionics (well a few on the truck anyway) heading Galway bound (from Limerick) this morning. RoRo must have docked in cork then coming from Europe or did the big vehicle carrier dock there again?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

I was informed at the weekend that there were a load of Executive Plus 58kw & 73kw sitting in Dublin port. The Grand Uranus is scheduled to dock in Cork on the 30th March.

After charging to 100% today!, should be seeing over 400km in the summer hopefully. (Exec 58kw)

For anyone wondering, my average commute speed is about 65 kmph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

It has been well documented that cars for both the UK and Ireland have come off the boats with wrongly set headlamps. Should be picked up at the PDI but it seems many dealers in both countries have failed to pick this up. Ask your dealer to check.

I was aware of this before I received the car so I asked the dealer to check them.

I think the issue is with the shape of the reflectors, they are different to most cars.

I notice the issue is worse when the headlamps get dirty or frosty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭crisco10

I know a few folk here got their reae windows tinted on Exec model. Was going to get it done myself. What percentage tint do the other specs have from the factory? The 2 guys I called today seemed to suggest 80%, is that right?

15 -20 % seems to be very popular,

I got 18% on my Exec which now looks like an Exec plus, cost €160.

Are you sure the guys said 80% and not 18 %? 18% being darker, I.e only 18% of light gets through,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yeah wasn't sure alright, but I got the impression he was talking about what I understood as 20 (I.e. pretty dark), as in the inverse of 80. But maybe he simply said 18. Lol.

Good feedback though, something in the 15 to 20 light allowed through range is what I want I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

Same here, 18% and 160€ too (edge signs in cork). Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Coddle4dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Why not?

Well possible in weather when you don't need heating/aircon and you are driving smoothly on slower or rural roads. The Ioniq 5 is quite efficient, perhaps 20% less efficient than a classic 28kWh and 10% less efficient than smaller cars such as the ID.3 in my limited experience.

But 400km will be difficult to achieve, more likely around 380km. Don't know what the usable capacity of the 58kWh is, but more than likely around 55kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Coddle4dinner

You ask me why not then say 15.2kw/100km is more likely.

Just read back and you'll see people between 18-22kw/100km

Do you understand where the figure is coming from? The bms is calculating my range according to previous driving history and conditions.

I was getting 160 miles in my old Ioniq in the Summer time even though it only has an EPA range of 120 miles.

As the weather improves so will your range.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Power cut earlier this week used the car to power the home office about 2/3% of the battery for 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

For audience without home chargers - what is the min threshold followed in general to charge? Almost 2 months now and I start to get nervous if below 20%.....since i need to check public charging availability/times, etc......till now it is ~6.80E for 40 mins - 50KW fast charger

Seen few FB posts of people pushing to almost 0% - anyone drove with 5% or less - general thoughts please!, thanks

Just watching a You Tube video of a guy in the US washing a Matte Shooting Star Grey Ioniq 5 like mine.

When I took delivery I had to sign a disclaimer regarding cleaning the car. Hyundai recommend Dr Beasley’s products but the range is not fully available in Ireland. After talking to Hyundai HQ we agreed that I should use Autoglym ph neutral products and I signed the disclaimer having written in the caveat that I would be using Autoglym on their recommendation.

In the US the Ioniq 5 in matte is delivered with a full set of Dr Beasley’s matte washing, detailing and sealing products, including washing mitts, towels and buckets!

I’ve mentioned before that the car is a mobile dirt trap which is perhaps not the best for rural Kerry roads. Whilst the guy in the States used the supplied mitt to hand wash the car, I have successfully non contact washed the car twice now in the last 7 weeks using Autoglym Polar Blast and Polar Wash drying with microfibre towels, though I intend to use a leaf blower as a dryer in future.

One point the guy in the film mentioned was he would describe the finish as satin rather than matte. I have to agree with him, in fact the paint in the door frames seems to lack the final lacquer and are glossy metallic!

Here's photos of my car after getting the 18% tint

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

I collected my ex + 73kw car from the dealer this afternoon in a snow blizzard earlier so was difficult to go through everything in detail. He said the car was fully charged but the range didn't show 480km as expected, is this normal? he said it was due to the cold weather etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I never said that, read back over my post🙂.

If the usable battery in the 58kWh is 55kWh (I don't know, only assuming from other similar sized batteries) then 380km from a 55kWh usable battery is 14.5kWh/100km. If the usable battery is bigger then the potential range will also be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Yes, that's normal. I have 73kw. 390 ish when fully charged last few days.

I see the Matte Body Wash which is the most important item in my opinion is out of stock as it was when I checked in December and again when I got the car in January.

The US pack contains Matte Painte Sealant, a ceramic coating to apply every 9 months specifically for matte paint which is not available at Autopia and is recommended in the Hyundai care instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

After having it for three days I ended up at home with 5% left, I actually stopped in a town 15Km from home and the 50Kw charger said it worked but it did not, turned off the heaters - I'll tell you it was a fair nerve wrecking drive home.

Was at 55% last night and that should cover me for the trip today but I charged it anyways, guess the anxiety should settle down after a couple of months.

Anyone renewed their insurance since buying there Ioniq 5?

Last year my i40 was insured fully comp 2 drivers for €30,000. With the Premium Plus valued at €60,000 ( you have to include the value of the grant) I had expected a hefty increase.

Delighted to receive my renewal quote today - how often can you say that - just a €35 increase.

Their, not there - thanks predictive text!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭creedp

Value of car has very little impact on premiums it seems or at least that is what I'm always told when I ask if I should get a reduction for my rapidly depreciating car!

The missus went from a second hand 28kWh Ioniq to an Ioniq 5 for no extra. I went from a 34K ID.3 to a Tesla Model 3 also for no extra. Both are now at Aviva's minimum (so they say) at €310.

• Advertisement

The value is always taken into account on three levels: the write off value, the repair cost below writing off and the value should the car be stolen which is different to the write off value as there are no recovery and disposal costs to the insurer.

The insurance record of the driver or drivers is the other factor.

It is obviously more expensive to replace a brand new car than one three years old. People neglect to revalue their cars when renewing their policy with the same insurer and are encouraged to neglect to do so by the quick renewal available on the internet sites which helps to inflate premiums yet, were you to insure for, say, €20k based on the quote and at the time of write of the value was only €15k then you have overpaid and the insurer would not pay the value for which you have insured.

When you get your renewal quote it will say something like “based on the information on file suppled by the policy holder”

You should the call the company, say you want a re quote based on the current information you have, which is the current value of the car. They will then requote. Ask for a confirming letter. When you receive this you can then compare with other companies or renew on line thus avoiding admin charges for renewing on the phone. Make sure you get a valuation from a reputable dealer so you don’t under or over insure.

Brokers’ renewal quotes should be treated in the same way.

I do this every year having learned from 57 years of buying insurance personally and for company fleets.

Advertisement