Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Time to leave, Joe.

Send us a postcard from Odessa.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

is Elton John heading over?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

She's changed her tune.

She was pleading Nd begging him now to go at first. Now she has accepted it and it already processing the grief of him being killed.

She'l be redecorating his room next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Joe just had to get the praying in there. Surprised he doesn't have a Padre on call there to ring to give these lads a blessing.

• A lot of young lads are very thirsty for adventure. My Dad joined the British Merchant Navy as radio officer for 4 years during WW2, I have the list of places his ship visited. A war situation is a huge temptation for guys under 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Shut de fcuk up Duffy !

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

DUFFY POEM!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I understood luke and mum were not even in the same location on this call 🤔 seems they are , something very odd going on here .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Joe wants material for another buke, chapter 1 written already.

Grace waller was it? She produces a damn fine episode of liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

War has never been so much fun,

war has never been so much fun,

war has never been so much fun,

war has never been so much fun!

Go to your brother

Kill him with your gun

Leave him lying in his uniform

Dying in the sun

K-k-k-kill him

K-k-k-kill him

Kill him with your gun

Kill him with your gun

Kill him with your gun

Kill him with your gun

Kill him with your gun

Kill him with your gun

So much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

Cast down, patronising delivery of Paw-Rick Peeerse poetry for Wimmins day.

Bingo!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Joe in de office now looking for a few days off for de upcoming funerals.

• De Padre from Dolphin’s Barn who threw the red paint loive on air and who is likely a friend of the religious supplies truck that reversed into the embassy gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Yet the same people control RTÉ and it has the same ethos of hyoocrisy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains 
           An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

My wife's uncle (now in his nineties) started his long career at sea by rowing out to a whaling ship anchored in the bay of a port town on the South Coast. He was 14 and didn't tell his mam (or anyone else). He lied to the Captain about his age.

His mother wrote to the captain of the whaling ship pleading with him to keep her young fella out of harm's way. The young fella ended up in the kitchen of that ship for the next couple of years.

He ended up in the Merchant Navy also.

Few points :

Joining armies for adventure or to make a living often means adventure or to make a living, at the expense of someone else - usually acceptable to some as the people are far away or foreigners

Irish people and others who join these armies don't seem to realise that you are a legitimate for targetting others

Furthermore, it is not as fun and meritable when it is on your doorstep and your country is someone else's adventure - as what happened in the North

Then they expect the rest of us to worship them as heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Its a funny old world only 2 months ago I signed a reference for a lad who wanted to get Irish citizenship in case he might be called up and then there are these lads doing the opposite

Certainly a lot of Walter Mitty's out there, if they actually had a problem with injustice of wanted to help humanity, they should join the gardaí or patrol the streets and suburbs of Ireland, they will get all the violence and adventure they want

Can guarantee you, at best they may turn up in Ukraine and have a few photo shots, come home and then exaggerate their involvement same as those in thr British army who went to Iraq and Afghanistan - essentially keybiard warriors spouting a 'woe is me' routine and celebrating Brexit

If that fella really wanted to go, he would not come on the airwaves with his mother - either he subconsciously wants to be talked out of it or is just blowing his own trumpet

In reality, in real wars it is the citizens who fight them, not "professional soldiers/mercenaries"

Joe egging these people on is frankly disturbing, would be rather different if it was on our doorstep or if a power other than Russia was the aggressor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The whole show was just weird, when lukes mother came on initially, she spoke for a minute , then Joe, Goes to a Luke and says, say hello to your mother Luke 🤔 my distinct impression was Luke was practically at the airport, about to fly out, or at the very least not in the company of his mother.

Throughout the conversation this impression continued, then towards the end, Joe goes back to mother, who seems to have gone, but no, Luke suddenly says, I'll get her , unless I missed something, that's the first time it was apparent they were actually in the same place🤔

The Cynic in me thinks the entire call was staged for affect, utterly bizzare.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He might have had it lined up, but knowing D'Arcy he'll press the wrong button and play something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Joe would never do something like that, Would he? :)

Of course..........

He would 😏 perhaps I'm mistaken but the intro to this call gave a distinct impression both Mothet and Son we're not at the same location, even the way he introduced the son "Say hello to your mother Luke " 👀👀👀👀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

If this is the same guy (and the ages fit) then Rhys Byrne is clearly a complete whackjob and fantasist.

"Rhys, who is a Buddhist, trained to be a monk in India and his exorcisms are totally different to those of anyone else."

Advertisement