Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Drove over 1000 kilometres so far 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

An excellent tip thanks. Helped me a lot, been using controllers for driving games in console forever and never even thought of it!

Need to get me some better thumb grips though, hands get sweaty can be very hard to keep control of the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Don't lay your finger on the left trigger. The tiniest press is picked up and slows you down.

Only noticed tonight.

Well, I got an invitation to buy a special car which is a 2004 Porsche Carrera GT. Only problem is that it costs 2.3m Credits while I only have 189,976 Credits in the bank.

Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Caved and got this yesterday. Glorious.

Trying to get gold on all licences which went fine until Licence A-9, the hairpin at Suzuka. Took me about 30 attempts.

My poor X button. The number of clicks to get into a race, and back out of one. The X button is dodgy enough on the controller without GT7 bombarding it.

Yeah they invited me to buy a car that's a million credits. I've got like 200k!

Same. Its a git. Can't get the gold at all right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

What I did was remove countersteering assistance and it helped enormously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

My goodness, I just finished the first mission and the last race with the fiat 500 was the most painful driving experience I think I've ever had.

• Advertisement

Won't help me I'm afraid, I've no assistance on at all and still can't get it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You can afford to brake pretty late coming up to that hairpin, get the car as straight as possible before doing so. Start easing off the brakes when the car is just slightly turning left and let it coast until the car is parallel with the apex. Then gradually accelerate until you’re on course with the opposite edge of the track.

It’s a pain in the hole, took me a good thirty minutes I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Turn off traction control, off steering counter assistance, I had to turn controller sensitivity up to just above half way, and leave stability control on. The back end whips around too much without stability control on for me. Brake much later than marked on track.

Got all gold for first 2 licenses but can’t get better than silver for next ones. Anyone found a nice guide for best upgrades to apply to which cars ? I did a few but that pushed the car over the allowed power for the race. You can reverse most of them (I think) except weight reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

Where can i get the physical 25 year anniversary edition for ps5 in Ireland. Seems to be no stock available.

Finally got the bloody gold for the Suzuka hairpin. I was struggling to even beat the silver time, consistently just above 17.6. I thought I had all assists off but there was one still on down the bottom of the menu, countersteering assistance set to strong. Turned that to weak and instantly gained half a second but ended up 2 thousandths of a second off the gold time. Got it after another ten minutes of trying 😂

Have all gold in the next licence except for the trial mountain final test. Now to spend ages on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, played a good few Daily Races last night, with and without the G29. And I've found an issue that will prevent me from playing online I reckon. I spent nearly 100k on the Demio to get it up to spec for a 147bhp 1000kg race, where you can only use the Demio, Aqua or Fit. Everyone using the Aqua, and no matter what I did, what upgrades I put on, what gearing I used... always 9+ seconds behind the lad in first. Grand, everyone using the Aqua so it's obviously the OP car in this race. Spent another 100k upgrading the Aqua, including a racing transmission even though it's fecking electric and you can't do anything with gears! And still 9+ seconds behind the lad in first and most of the other Aquas.

So casuals like myself who don't know the ins and outs of tuning, haven't a hope of winning online. Are all online races like this? Are there any where everyone is in the same car/cars with the same settings?

It would be great if you could setup a private boards lobby where we could race each other. Now that would be sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭flazio

GT Sport had a "Balance of Performance" system to level the playing field among similar class cars.

I race online on PC in various games and the only races I enter are the fixed setup ones. Then it's down to you and you alone. I haven't a clue about car setups but those that do really can gain a lot of time from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I remember seeing something like that on a few of SuperGT's videos, but he was mainly in the most powerful cars well beyond my level so not sure how it applied to lower performance cars. Last night you either had the Aqua with the best tuning, or you lost. I could enter another one which had a higher limit, but I went fro 300k to 120k in one night and only won about 12k from coming in 5th 4 times!

Maybe I just don't have the licences for more races yet and later ones are more balanced...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Got myself a Thrustmaster T300 RS-GT during blackfriday last year with a GT Omega Apex Wheelstand.

I have been playing a good bit of Forza Horizon 5 through game pass on PC and some Assetto Corsa Competitizone with a bit of Dirt 5 on PS aswell

Got this yesterday,just finished playing now,so far so good,handling feels very good.

Played through the tutorial collecting cars,which was a little long winded tbh,but was eventually able to play with a friend one on one,great caraic.

Really enjoying it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

I just had a series of three races where I first finished a menu book of American races in a classic Corvette Stingray, then switched to a Honda Civic to start a Japanese menu book, then switched to a Nissan GTR that I won in the first race of that book.

I was treating the throttle like I was walking on egg shells in the Corvette, as the rear end kept trying to step out at the slightest provocation. Then in the Civic it was the total opposite, trying to hustle the car through corners as the front tyres screamed for mercy. Finally switching to the GTR, the car just dances around the track doing everything I ask of it. I don't think there's a game out there that comes close to bringing out the personalities of different cars in the way Gran Turismo does, it's one of the things I really love about it.

Those Clubman Cup races do provide a challenge. My best results were a few third place finishes, which I had to work very hard to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Well we've had a few days, what is everyones favourite car so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Same here. Trying a max 730PP clubman GP3 race last night. Tyre choice effects the PP so I’m stuck between good grip vs less power to get it under 730PP. Cannot get even close to third. Hard race tyres on a GP3 car is asking for trouble. The back squirms around at the slightest touch from another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Love the Scirocco, surprisingly, but then again I always had a preference for driving everyday cars in Gran Turismo. As far as the better cars go, I’ve loved the Taycan so far but that’s still only upper mid range.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Bought that used Mitsubishi Evo VI for 140,000 odd and my god its heaven (after putting a few credits into it mind). I'd been using a Civic Type R for a good while and its a great car, but the Evo trounces it.

I've a Peugeot 208 that is maxed out. Can do 160mph. Little beast of a thing.

I won a lexus that is really nice but I've a skyline that is just glued to the track that is a lovely drive.

I just ❤ the Maggiore circuit, imparticular the part where there is a steep drop before going into a banked right hander. Magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Been listening to some older Gran Turismo soundtracks on spotify. I don't know if it's my age or if polyphony have dropped the ball over the years, but the soundtrack in this one is so bland compared to previous games that were loaded with the likes of Ash, Feeder, Garbage, Foo Fighters, Manic Street Preachers etc.

Advertisement