Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Grid achievements are possible on the trial, just complete the first race and it will pop or finish 1st and you will get two achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I thought it said 5 days left to complete on the Max game???

@theteal

Did it? I didn't really notice.

So it was late going up then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

curiosity got the better of me so I just checked (seriously the One X is shockingly slow!). The Max, draw 5 thingies quest expires on the 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Weekly Treasure is there today 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Treppen

Max brotherhood was easy bif you have the sea of sand level completed from before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

I give up on that rewards app. Bugged out again last night. Had forgotten about the weekly to keep my streak going so stayed up and got 3 achievements and other 2 tasks done to keep streak going and get my 500 points. Got 3 achievements, green check mark appeared but still said 0/3. Streak gone today and no points. Seem to be a bit of a lottery with it if it works or not

Last weeks weekly trio involved 50 mobile Bing searches for me.

Did you do that and turn in the things individually?

Yeah got the 3 portions of the quest done and all showed green check marks, except the counter on the achievement one still showed 0/3 so it never completed the set for me.

There was also a monthly quest on the app last night to get an achievement in one of the games from a list for 500 points and it's not there anymore today.

That's very weird! Only thing I can think to say is open a ticket with MS support, but not sure if they can do anything to help.

They might give the points but doubt they'll so anything about the streak. Second time this has happened to me in 2 months now. Same thing last time, all aspects of the quest completed but main completion won't pop

• Advertisement

Your system is wonky. Have you been changing the region or using VPN? Definitely contact support and lodge a ticket, have some patience as they do eventually get back, but have screenshots ready. I find the rewards app does get a bit buggy on Tuesday when everyone is on, also they have to iron out glitches.

Microsoft Top 10 is up again.

1. Punch card.

2. Launch Evil Genius 2 on cloud and do quick start game, achievement pops.

Rainbow 6 just launch on cloud for 25 points.

Terraria.... again!! .... just hack away for 100 materials, although I presume if you've played into the game before you get a better pickaxe or whatever.

I use vpn on my phone to do the UK bing searches but don't change it on the console. Would that mess it up?

Just did Top 10 quest there, same as last time, 2 check marks and everything complete but the quest won't pop and give me the points. Has to be something to do with my account cos its happening way too much.

Did you check your balance before and after the achievement popped?

When the achievement pops, you just get the value added to your total, there's no notification.

Also, if they catch you using rewards in more than one region, they'll ban your rewards getting feature on your account.

Other boardsies had it happen before. 👀

So it's a big no no to use vpn on phone to get the UK bing search points?

Yeah, I checked balance before and after. Never got the points. When I click into the quest it all looks fine but on the main screen for that quest there is no checkmark on top right. I'll drop a mail to support tomorrow, they solved it quick enough last time

UK bing searches are out of Irish region.

Ya they'll ban you for doing rewards points in different regions.

The cases I heard about its grand doing it , where they get you is when you try to spend your rewards points in a different region.

Maybe come clean and say your phone is always set to VPN so you didn't realise the daily searches weren't in Ireland.

Thanks for the heads up. Work laptop is on a VPN too so use it through that the odd time but haven't went anywhere other than UK.

I'm wondering should I try redeem points today and see what happens then. Havent a massive amount of them or anything. Enough for a months game pass or so.

I don't think that's the reason I'm having issues with quests not working though, I raised a ticket last month about a quest not working and they sorted it no hassle.

When I'm watching iPlayer through a VPN on my PC, I use edge as it has the least add-ons installed.

Sometimes I'll search for something and as the default engine is Bing, I'll end up getting points for that search.

I don't think it's a huge deal, but I'm always paranoid about it 😁

You should try support for the quests though @skerry , as the last time I had an issue, no one else on boards was having it and I thought I was going mad, but support fixed it!

Redeemed some points for a month of GPU there and it came through no bother. Seems all OK. Will refrain from the vpn now though.

It's a pity they have us so restricted here in opportunities for earning points that other countries get. Need to get working to get my points total up again now. GPU not the best value way of spending them but I figured it was lowest risk for scrutiny

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's really weird. They seem totally ok with people "taking a 30 second flight to Venezuela" to buy loads of games over there for peanuts, but do the same with their making uppy points system? STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM! NOBODY BREAKS THE LAW ON MY WATCH!

Thats exactly what I was thinking earlier :). I must have 7 or 8 different global addresses set up on my account for buying from various countries and nobody seems to care. Granted I never used a vpn with them and haven't used them at all really since Game Pass got so good, I don't buy a lot of games on Xbox cos why you'd ya

• Advertisement

I always wondered why they allowed the purchase of products but not for rewards.

My thinking is that the purchase of digital products is allowed across (certain) borders.

Whereas the rewards program is like entering a competition or playing a game, so you have to abide by the 'spirit' of the rules that they set out as opposed to international trade law!

Forgot about the auto renew thing so I actually get 2 months GPU for 12k points which isn't bad at all

Do you know about stacking?

Get a years Gold then convert it to 1 year GPU by adding 1 month of GPU.

Yeah I did that a couple months back..I'm stacked up until the end of 2024 now. Best deal ever. Must look into the ambassador program, I think you mentioned it a while back but I never got around to it

Ambassadors takes a bit of learning but I get month free GPU every 3 months. Start now and practice before the next season starts in April. Any points you earn now brings you closer to higher levels which gives you better discounts.

I miss out on the 4000 points for the AC expansion.

I bought the game on the 8th, but the punch card says between 10-31 of March.

What a fúcking pain 😒

100 weeks done - probably my finest achievement in life 😃

Shame there's no mega bonus for it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was on 6 weeks, but was sick last week so didn't pay attention, missed 1 achievement (annoyingly that stupid bing one) so back to square 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

Got bored. Haven’t bothered since.

• Advertisement

Weekly Treasure is there today ☘️🙂

Advertisement