Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It really is pot luck. For the last proper ticket sale in 2019 I got in twice on a mobile hotspot in Italy while other people I was trying with had multiple desktops in multiple azure regions and got nothing.

Just panic. Panic everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Do we have to pay all the money up front for the resale or is it just a deposit now and pay the rest later?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I THINK the resale is all money upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Good to know lads. I'll revisit the idea once I've got myself an IT qualification. 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

It's been mentioned a couple of times already but what's the rationale for Box Office collection only for overseas tickets? That could add a good hour or two onto an already tough day getting set up.

In 35 years going I've never even seen the Box Office never mind going to it. The only bearable side of that is that I'll be arriving circa 9am on the Thur morning so shouldn't be so bad, the vast majority already on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

I got an email from see tickets today saying they can only be collected at the box office. They won't post the tickets. I'm wonderin does it depend on who responds. Someone called Rosie responded.

Such a feckin pain

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

To be honest the way things are now with international shipping / mail im happier picking them up at the box office. If seetickets post them in late May and they go missing you could be fcuked and they won't issue you another ticket.

Surely they'd always issue another ticket and cancel the original? I've never had an issue with this for any gig before.

It seems to be simply a cost saving exercise though we got charged £15 on top of the balance. I'd happily have paid another £5 to spare myself the hassle of tracking them down on what will already be a tough day.

You're going a long time you know the ticket situation is not like any other gig. I've read on efestivals in previous years where the royal mail lost people's tickets and seetickets refused to issue them another ticket. You'd have to get the postage company to admit in writing that they lost it and then maybe you'd have a chance and who knows how long that would take? All things considered I'm happy enough to make the trek from gate B to gate A.

• Advertisement

Yeh, I can't help be a bit cynical about it alright. I have an address I can send it to up north. I'll see if I can change the address

I moved back from the UK in 2017 so any Glasto I've been to is before then. See Tickets lost my 2013 tickets and immediately replaced them. Since they started handling Glasto the tickets have always had to be signed for so it's clear who has received them and not.

It's an extra annoyance we could do without (far less so if it's dry) but could be a major issue if not organised well. And what irks most is that it's entirely down to greed and not wanting to pay registered post to (mainly) EU countries.

Not that it'll help but I've written to Glasto (rather than See Tickets who'd ignore it). The extra £15 includes tickets being mailed out and it stinks that they won't pay £7/8 for this. Without doubt some people will have trouble with this on the day, and I doubt if any will be so benign as to not be annoyed with See Tickets over this.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/contact-us/

"Dear Glasto,

I am writing to register my disappointment at tickets not being mailed out to overseas attendees. I live in Ireland and am obliged to collect my ticket at the Box Office on arrival at the festival. This procedure adds unnecessary time onto an already challenging day. Given that I've paid £15 above the ticket price I'd expect my ticket to be delivered. The cost is not huge for See Tickets so why hold onto our cash for no other reason than greed? It leaves a sour taste.

Yours, Geoff"

I'm going to email them tomorrow as well. I just got a one line response from seetickets which was basically .. tough ****.

I'll let you know the response I get.

Leaving aside the bsllache of getting from camper van field and back, I want to have the tickets in my hands beforehand....it's part of the build up !

Its a nice walk from the camper fields/Gate B around to the ticket office.

Its absolute madness that people will have to do it mind you. Its not very clear. Some roads are closed. We ended up walking through a graveyard.

It's a long shot but there's a possibility the Glasto organisers will tell See Tickets to make an exception for Ireland if they get enough complaints.

I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky sort of guy who tends to see the rationale for all sorts of inconveniences. They're built into the first day of the trip to Pilton.

I can deal with getting up at 4am to be at the airport at 6am for an 8am flight. I can deal with the difficulties of getting to the site, the queues for the wristbands, the search for the campsite, getting set up and trying to locate pals to camp together. I can even cope with bad weather as it's out of anyone's control. It's all fine and it'll pass quickly enough.

However, shelling out £14.30 (€17.20) on a booking fee plus postage and packing really should entitle us to have a ticket delivered. There is no other explanation for it other than greed with See Tickets retaining that postage cash and instead forcing us to pick them up on the day at a stand manned by badly paid youngsters they'll not have to spend much cash on. And it won't be swift.

Found out yesterday I had a week to pay for my ticket. Missed it obviously. Absolutely gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Yeah that's rough, my condolences. At least you're making someone very happy in the resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I'd urge anyone that is considering seeing someone else when McCartney is playing to consider your choice carefully. I saw him in Glasgow in 2018 and it was without doubt the best concert I've ever experienced. Now I'm a huge Beatles fan so would be somewhat biased but the show was astonishing. 3 hours, 35 odd songs, some of the most iconic music ever written. Obviously he won't he playing for that long at Glastonbury but that probably means the more famous songs will be the playlist. I'll be tuned in from my couch with a beer in hand, wishing I was there and keeping my fingers crossed that he announces some European dates on his Got Back tour.🤞

• Advertisement

Caught him in Hyde Park in 2010. Astonishing. Obviously it's more than a decade on and his energy levels will have waned but him and his excellent band will still be the ones to match this June. It's probably a big farewell to live gigs for the man and is by far the act I'm keenest to see in Somerset.

Look, all the guy has to do is come out. Sing about 2 words and the crowd will take over :) Was the same with Lionel Richie. I am really looking forward to him. As I said, he'll be the only Pyramid headliner I'll see. Too old/ignorant-about Billie Eilish and Kenderick Lamar (Not a Noel Gallagher rant about them not being worthy - No pun intended, just that I'm not their demograpic and that's totally fair enough. Stormsy knocked it out of the park last time).

And yeah, without meaning to be morbid, he hasn't too many Glastos left in him :) (Somehow I doubt he'll play "Back in the USSR" though).

Now I just gotta try and get one more ticket in Resale...

Billie Eilish was very good at EP three years ago, has some great tunes and far from one of the the bog standard pop princesses she's assumed to be. She'll also probably have Johnny Marr with her for the Bond theme and maybe some other surprises. I'll go to her set unless she clashes with something unmissable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

He will be 80 on 16th June, a week before his show.

EIGHTY!!!!!!!! Its actually staggering that he is still performing, never mind performing to the level he does. We will never see the likes of it again.

The Stones, Bob Dylan, Buena Vista Social Club, BB King (86 when I saw him at Glasto in 2011) and all those other blues guys. Macca won't even bee the oldest there this June, Herbie Hancock will be 82 with Diana Ross not far behind on 78 and Robert Plant at 73. Here's to the old geezers.

He'll probably be the only headliner I see as well. I saw Billie Eilish on the other stage in 2019 and she was actually pretty good, I knew nothing about her at the time I was just following my group but I've no interest in seeing her again. Bicep are likely to be on West Hosts clashing with Kendrick which is sh!te but I think I'll have to go to Bicep. The down side to a strong lineup is awful clashes.

They are going to have Maccartney clash with Plant and Kraus. They will headline accoustic or maybe even Peel.. It's the only way to thin out the crowd a bit

• Advertisement

If it was just Robert Plant and his band doing his solo stuff and a few Led Zep tunes that would pull a big crowd alright but I don't know if Plant and Krauss would be as big of a draw.

Advertisement