Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Nantosuelta 33-1 ew

5/pm Wolves

Ran a good race last time out, very much unexposed , only it's 4th outing

4 places available in places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Ran well over 7 furlongs gaining all the way to the line,back over 8 furlongs in the 8 oc Chelmsford and should be more at home at the trip.

DARK DESIGN won 3 times over 8 furlongs when trained in ireland and is a very good bet at the 9/4 thats available.

Should make no mistake now with Steve Donohoe on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

You can get Hills at 11/4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Cheers zimmer.

Had a small few quid at 5/2.

Great spot. Ideal for 8f like you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Good stuff Zimmer.

Great tipping.

thanks.

• Advertisement

Nice when it turns out as one expects (all too rare).

Touching down at 8 oc next thursday night in Faro with the queen,i wish i could say Dark Design's win would pay for the week but as i am getting a bit late i am booked into the Eva hotel beside the marina just for one night before heading to Lagos for the week.

The hotel for the night,dinner and a few drinks are well covered as a result of Dark Design's win so happy enough (we never have enough on when they win lol) and will be ready for the Cheltenham craic when i get back.

Post edited by zimmermania on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Enjoy the break zimmermania and when you get back we will get stuck into Cheltenham. ⛱

CICELY goes in the 1.10 at Lingfield tomorrow,i have waiting for this lightly raced filly to run again after her unlucky run last time.

She missed the break last time rearing up as she left the stalls losing up to 10 lengths though attheraces says she was held up.

She flew home having been last for most of the way and can be called a very unlucky loser beaten less than a length.

She was a neck behind Away Wit Da Fairys that day and meets the gelding on the same terms and i have not doubt she will have no trouble beating him this time.

She is drawn in stall 11 and this will be seen as a negative by many punters but she can overcome it,CICELY is a hold up horse and her rider can switch her off and hopefully get a good position to come late and win.

She was heavily backed last time but hopefully she will drift from around 7/2 because of the draw.

She would be a max bet ew for me if drawn a bit lower but is a bigger than average bet for me despite the draw and i expect her to win and go on to win at a higher level.

Almost forgot to mention PP goes 4 places ew (online,dont know about the shops) in this 11 horse race and that is a major plus.

BOG kicks in at 8 in the morning and thats the time to bet.

Post edited by zimmermania on

Racing abandoned.

Let us know again next time zimmer

The big race at Haydock is the Grand National Trial at 2.40 and is worth almost 57 grand to the winner.It will be run on heavy ground and i will be surprised if more than 4 or 5 finish the race.

Secret Reprieve is fav and is usually seen in staying races at Chepstow and while i would not rule him out he was well beaten when last seen in december and is too short a price off a mark of 138.

My fancy is SAM BROWNE from the in-form stable of Anthony Honeyball.Has had two runs back from a break and should be spot on now.

Lightly enough raced for a 10 year old has never run over this far but everything about him suggests he is a real stayer.

Runs well at the course,simply loves heavy ground and should be staying on when many in the race have been pulled up.

A good ew bet at 6/1 and i am hoping some will go 4 places in the shops.

PENOMBRE is a 4 year old running against mainly older horses in the 7 oc at Newcastle.

Its a trappy old contest but i think PENOMBRE can come out on top at around 11/2 or 6/1 and is a reasonable ew bet drawn well.

Nothing else appeals to me but i may have a few quit on EYDON (looks to have a very easy task) 5.30 Newcastle at 1/2 or better in a double with GOSHEN 3.20 Wincanton if it pays close to 2/1.

• Advertisement

Did not do the double as odds not good enough but backed Dashel Brasher ew in the 3.38 Ascot.

A front runner who can keep up the gallop,he will make this a real test.

No joy one placed is all I could manage, very heavy ground makes it difficult.

I was right that only a few would finish I the National trial unfortunately mine was pulled up.

CICELY entered in the 5.45 at Wolverhampton on friday,if taking her chance she would be of interest.

Haggas has one closely matched with her and a few other big yards with entries should ensure a decent price.

I posted on another thread that i had a tip,not for a horse but a jockey who is expected to go right to the top.

Harry Davies is only 17 but i was told that he is regarded as a future star in Andrew Balding's yard and i am going to keep an eye on what he rides in some of the big handicaps later in the season.

A 7 lb claimer he has two rides today at Kempton.He rides MAY NIGHT for Balding in the 5.30,the horse has won 3 times already at Kempton and looks a bit exposed off a mark of 83.

All his wins were over 7 furlongs but he looks like one who needs further now and the extra furlong today may bring about more improvement as the horse finishes well and the 7 lbs claim of Davies can only help.

Davies also gets a call up by Charlie Appleby to ride YUKON STAR in the 7.30 who was beaten at odds on lto.

Godolphin have plenty riders on their books and it is interesting that they go for Davies after what looked a bit of a disappointing run.

I think the drop back in trip may help tonight as will Davies 7 lbs claim.

Both horses have to improve to win today but at the prices (7/2 and 5/1 at the moment) i am backing both ew and an ew double and i will watch with interest how young Davies performs with the future in mind.

The folks tiara 5/2 in the 4.15 thurles is my main bet of the day

At the price CICELY must be a good bet,I backed her at 10s

Cicely well backed now,10s looks a good price now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Gwan the Zimmer!

Nice win rule 4 took 30 off but nice win,dinner in the Algarve and refreshments on paddy.

• Advertisement

Allardyce is 7 or 8 to1 in the veterans handicap chase today at 3.10.

Is much lower now than when with Eddy OGrady in Ireland and has not been running too badly in 4 runs in the UK.

With 8 runners and given that he is the right age at 10 for this type of race I am having a few quid ew.

The N H cards have a bit of a pre Cheltenham look to me and i may steer clear unless something catches my eye in the morning.

There are a couple that interest me on the AW and i have already backed one even though i normally prefer to wait until b o g kicks in at 8 in the morning but if a couple of newcomers are not exceptional then WINTER WYLDES could be very good value in the 5.30 at S Well.

If Red Kite from Mark Johnston's is not very smart and well fancied fto then WINTER WYLDES (who has improved for each run) could go off much shorter than the 5/4 available and even if it is fancied WINTER WYLDES is still worth backing as the filly is closely matched with Cicely who won recently.

My 2nd bet has form that also ties in with Cicely and was a good third behind that horse 8 days ago.

AWAY WIT DA FAIRYS runs in the 12.49 at Lingfield and is 9/4 in most places,the gelding is running well for his in-form yard should be backed to get his head in front.

Two singles and a double for me and i hope my thinking does not suggest that i am away with the fairies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,840 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3.15 Kelso Autumn Evening, 4 places, at 7/1

Benson has been a bit disappointing and may not be quite straightforward following 2 wind ups.

However he is well handicapped a d has good form at the track off this sort of mark and if anywhere like his previous best would have a very good chance in the 4.05 at Sandown.

Ladbrokes go 3 places at 15 to 2 in this 7 horse race and it may bet a bit of value ew.

CICELY did us a very good turn 12 days ago and she runs in the 1.50 at Lingfield.

This race is no more difficult and the 10 furlong trip will suit her well.

She is only up 1 lb and she should win again with the same rider on board.

I see that away with da faires in the same race ,might be due a win too.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Diamond Bay in the 19.00 at Kem might be worth a little tickle....

Yea but Away Wit Da Fairys had every chance last time and i think Cicely should come out on top.

On their previous running when Cicely was left 10 lengths at the start and only a neck behind Away Wit Da Fairys and running on strongly at the finish i think Cicely will come out on top again.

Midgetonamission drawn high beside Cicely will be more of a danger imo and should be running on late with Cicely.

• Advertisement

Well done i hope you had enough on,I backed it myself lto but thought Cicely had a bit in hand,thats racing.

Advertisement