Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm with ya still, I caught them at Oxegen 06 and EP 13 (twice since then) and both times they were unreal. I've said this a few times but they blew AM off the stage in 2013 imo, there 1 hour set flew by in a good way but Arctics just dragged with no real atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

AM were soooo dull in 2013 though.

I'm biased here, cos my wife dragged me away from the 2nd half of David Byrne and St. Vincent to see FF....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Stillill42

It is always a bit depressing looking at line ups from years gone by. I can barely remember that Oxegen 2004 experience but imagine Festival Republic telling us on Thursday we'd have the Cure, the Strokes, PJ Harvey, Franz Ferdinand and the Divine Comedy all togging out on the main stage on the one day. And Kings of Leon. Man. I didn't even watch most of it. I was in a tent watching Elbow and Belle and Sebastian.

Happily !

In fairness it was the Sunday night, and she was probably propping me up a-la Weekend at Bernies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

Get Republic Of Loose back together for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Agreed, they've been very good whenever I've seen them. Still annoyed with myself for missing the FFS shows they did with Sparks (also great at EP and maybe due a return). A third of the set was FF, a third Sparks and a third the combined material. EP should have nabbed them at the time.

The Delines would also be excellent, and can we finally have SLF please?

The Arctics the worst headliner I've seen thus far at EP (unless Fatboy Slim counts in which case they're second worst). No heart, no soul, no effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

Pink moon back on sale the 11th of March at 11am the same time as EP tickets.

Scissors Sisters also, excellent despite the drizzle. Caught some of Orbital in the tent and the excellent Simple Kid in the afternoon.

You don't even have to go back to 2004 for great listings. When you posted the Martin Hayes/Dennis Cahill clip I had a look at the stage times for that day to see why I missed them. An impressively eclectic day where I caught Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Leftfield, Brendan Perry (Dead Can Dance), The Antlers, Gil Scott-Heron, Villagers, Steve Earle, Robyn, Bad Lieutenant (basically New Order doing New Order tracks) and LCD Soundsystem's last ever Irish gig (supposedly). In reality I've rarely had an EP day that isn't full of pretty good stuff and it'll be the same again in 2022.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Yes, just got the email, i paid €250 for entry level Pink Moon 2 man tent in 2019, originally for 2020 EP, its now gone up to €295, thats an 18% increase ! Thought it was a bit of a steep increase.

Pink Moon Early Entry (thursday arrival),remains at €10 per person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

Guessing BYEco will wait until all tickets are sold before launching their booking system?

I'm presuming that but don't forget about me, all you BYEco regulars. I have a recurring dream where I wake up in the middle of Hendrix with no tent and my third year German class passing my cans around and taking selfies with me. I need to get into that Eco campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

Now there's a serious image! I must try to get into eco some year, I'm just so used to the convenience of the pink moon entrance at this stage but 295 is saucy.

Are we too early in the season for site maps etc.?

We're out of practice here lads.

Agreed, its hard to go elsewhere, when you've been there, dam the expense

I'm guessing if you still need both the early entry ticket along with the pink moon early entry

Yes, both are required. It was €30 each+ fees for EP early entry, and €10 extra for PM early entry, which i think is well worth it. Its quiet ish on the Thursday, bit a nice chill time, but very quick to get in & wristbanded and set up in PM. I was parked up, just before 3ish in ‘19. This year i’m going to head into Stradbally as soon as am checked in, and get back in for Salty Dog or, anything else thats going on.

I was displaying an unusual interest, in wheelbarrows, at a recent DIY shop visit !!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Interesting to see the negative comments on AM live, I think they are a really great band but have to agree on them being boring live but thought it was just me.

My 20year old son is huge fan and off to Zigit to see them, I have warned him but like most of my advice and warnings, he only admits I might have had a valid opinion about 3 years after. ( I feel a boyzone/Cat song coming on!)

• Advertisement

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION #2

bdrmm - some shoegaze/post-punk out of Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Some of the posts here must be referring to a different Arctic Monkeys? Absolutely fantastic live band, fingers crossed we get them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Just bagged 2 tickets for the prodigy in Brixton in July. What a start to the day. I can see them playing ep.

Fionn Regan playing 4 nights in the Pepper Cannister in May.

Don't think i've ever seen him play in a festival setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wonder what time the announcement is happening tomorrow, will it be a mid day announcement. Looking forward to seeing the names, hopefully not too much pop sh1te clutter anyways and some classic iconic acts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

It's usually 11am - midday. No 2FM accompaniment this time, with a wine 'n cheese-up in some lavish shed and invited media attendance? We've lost the old ways, perhaps for the better. I think I speak for all of us when I say we'll accept nothing less than free-flow for Salty Dog and surrounding areas, or we'll be wrecking the place.*

*within reasonable parameters.

Very good band, another BBC6 favourite. They played The Cellar in Galway five weeks ago and are due back in November. I'd expect them up your way also. Given Brexit touring issues for UK bands I'd expect them to be hitting an Irish festival or two also as it may not be worthwhile for them to do the mainland European circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

My Prediction

RATM - Snow Patrol - Lewis Capaldi - Tame Impala - Picture This unfortunately

• Advertisement

I sort of suspect/hope for Bjork to appear on the line-up but I'm not telling anyone about it.

Advertisement