Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Free take aways for the gang on Friday after reading out the take away awards, says he loves a good burger 🍔. Can picture him with a napkin tucked into his shirt and tie using a knife and fork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Interview from 2002 before he hit the big time. Check out the last question, he describes his 1994 BMW as delicious!! So ahead of his time

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/my-first-car-1.1091976

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

And “Allegedly” called them out to replace a flat tyre as he couldn’t be bothered!

• Advertisement

I’d say it was cluelessness rather than laziness in that case, I can’t imagine he’d have the first notion of how to change a flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Tubs was driving a black 5-Series BMW the last time I saw him, that was 3 years ago or so.

I'd bet anything that he has no idea how to change a tyre.

I saw him driving through Killiney on his Vespa last year. Doesn't suit him at all, at all. Since it was along the coast road there I was hoping he'd go the whole hog and recreate the final scene from Quadrophenia.

A delicious car 🚗 and a delightful cd player, he's the gift that keeps giving 🙄

I can assure you he was a Lexus Brand Ambassador for a number of years.

He may now have a relationship with BMW, or of course he may have paid for his car himself…..but I would suspect the latter is unlikely.

• Advertisement

Kind of a strangely modern choice for him.

You'd think he'd be driving a vintage motor. Then again, it's probably harder to get those for free.

With tubbs odd choice of words

A delicious fire

A delicious car.

A delicious walk.

A delightful cd player

A delicious/ delightful film ?

Would a roide be delicious or delightful? 🤔

Just in case a miracle happens and I get one 🤞don't want to say the wrong thing 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In this car, a touch on a button had the seat sides gracefully move in to hold me in a secure hug that made me one with this delicious car. And then I started it…

You can drive the i8 anywhere and every situation; it can be the angelic electric car or devilish sports car. It’s the most delicious car I’ve ever been in and I love it completely. I would happily sell a Kidney to own one and never get out of it, never has a car had that kind of effect on me.

More than one of my colleagues own one and most of them prefer other cars tbh….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

In Tub's case it would be rare, and therefore both delicious and delightful, as well as quite daunting.

“So m’lady, with your expressed permission and written consent I’m going to vigorously bisect your lady triangle with my wibbly wobbly wonder throughout the bouncy bouncy boffing until the train arrives at the station and the horizontal refreshments are no longer available at the bar.

Or like a deadly Black Ops soldier I shall test the humidity before I invade your cave with my Special Unit, and we shall dance the four-legged foxtrot until the donut is freshly glazed with some hot piping DELICIOUS goo to complete the jingle jangle jiggery pokery.”

It's a good piece. But in pursuit of "correct" English:

Q: It bothers me when a form reads, “By signing this you are giving your express permission for us to use your information.” Shouldn’t that be “expressed permission”?

A: In contemporary English, one usually gives “express permission,” not “expressed permission.”

We’ve checked six standard dictionaries and not a single one includes the adjectival use of the past participle “expressed” in this sense. In fact, Garner’s Modern English Usage (4th ed.) describes it as a misuse.

Right, so that’s what you took from that? Ok….I think you might need some jiggery pokery thineself.

Also, has you googled a little further you’d have noticed:

1. that “expressed” is historical and the language has evolved to “express”
    2. ”expressed” is still accepted in the US

and Tubs being such a delicious fan of both history and the US I thought it fitting to, if you’ll pardon my choice of words here - express - myself thus.

The adjective 'express' means 'explicit, not tacit or implied'. The adjective 'expressed', derived from the verb meaning 'to articulate an utterance' can mean either 'communicated in words' or 'precisely and clearly articulated or readily observable; leaving nothing to implication'.

So I have said, "Go in and win". I have had a delicious walk by the sea to-day, and I sleep soundly, and have picked up amazingly in appetite. My foot is greatly better and I wear my own boot.'

I’d say you have a delicious wa_k yourself alright listening to Tubs.

Obviously I mean walk…..

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Advertisement

Sitting there in front of a delicious fire he felt that the peace and the beauty all about him had entered his soul. He had a right to these languors; he had purchased them with many unspeakable months of torture and pain. No one would blame him, no one could blame him if he left the dance to younger men. Suddenly he heard a little wind steal along the valley and he shivered at the image that was born upon its whisper. Just beyond these cosy, lamplit walls was Night, Chaos, Panic. Outside the tiny harbor he had won at such a price was all hell let loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Bryan reached for his favourite bottle of delicious fizzy pop to accompany his favourite packet of delicious Irish crisps as he unzipped his delicious pantaloons to have a delicious wa_k over his delicious collection of delicious Macca albums and other delicious freebies. When he eventually arrived at a delicious climax he used some of his favourite delicious tissues to clean the delicious mess before retiring to his delicious bed for a delicious snooze before rising in the ‘morn to work deliciously hard for 50ish or so delicious minutes. After this deliciously hard task he popped onto his delicious Vespa for a delicious drive on the delicious coast road to delicious Dun Laoghaire to have a delicious 99 at the delicious Teddy’s. Bryan deliciously waited in the the delicious queue in the delicious hope that a delicious bystander would deliciously pay for his delicious desire. Rather undeliciously, no-one was willing to pay for his delicious delicacy that day and so Bryan had to deliciously dip into his own delicious wallet to pay for the delicious delicacy himself. It sadly was not a delicious day.

You’re right, it wotks with everything.

Are you ready to riff!?

Bryan will probably send her a request for a violin cover of a Macca tune.

Salve. The latest word he read somewhere and thought he'd begin to use at every given opportunity.

Some more humblebragging from the King of Kindness Modesty.

More "Irish things are the bestest in de wurldid" shlop again.

Jesus this is barely one step above Loddie Ryan reading out her "showbiz goss" - at only 5 times the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I’m sure Scottish listeners love nothing more than a DJ putting on a Scottish accent (‘Scootland’).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“Let’s talk about the Kennedys.”

WTF is it with him and his pathetic attempts at accents? He’d be the first to cry foul over and poke fun at American actors doing bad “Oirish” accents yet considers himself as adept at accents and vocal impressions as say Steve Coogan (who is fantastic at a wide variety of same). There is literally ZERO self-awareness that for example a native-Scot would cringe at Tubs doing his Scottish accent while he simultaneously lampoons say Emily Blunt and Christopher Walken doing their terribly clichéd Oirish accents in “Wild Mountain Thyme” (or whatever it’s called). Has no-one in his 49 years ever told him “no”? It’s bizarre. Intriguing even. And deliciously bonkers.

• The hijacking and virtue signalling stuff that resulted after Ashling Murphy’s murder completely sickened me, people were embarrassing themselves over it. If you didn’t have a candle on your feed/profile and declare your grief on behalf of the womanhood of Ireland, you were persona non grata. On these occasions of distressing situations, people feel the need to outdo each other to declare how much more profoundly it is affecting them than anyone else, all about me, me, me. And I find myself buying into it until I start to stand back, take a look and cop on.

Tubridy trades on this phenomenon.

Sorry butters, you may have forgotten 🤔 Any one from rte doing impressions, asking where are you from originally = joking//hilarious/inquisitive

Any one else = mocking /racist

Rte= good eggs 👍(apart from the producer who we never spoke about)

Everyone else = bad eggs 👎

To paraphrase a Dollymount resident:

Yes, I am aware of this and have not forgotten.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

A movie 🍿🎥 for tubs to watch the weekend 🤔 can't get the image up it's a 2015 film "they look like people"

That's why we care 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

With Chapters re-opening today I’m sure our host will have a “book boner” on him. Although Chapters also sold second-hand bukes and is on Da Nort Side so Tubs has probably never set foot in the place.

Tubs having to slum it with a flat white from the canteen this morning - even though highly subsidized no doubt not paid for by the recipient.

Tubs moved by people caught out by a fraudster and will be sending each of them €10,000 to help them recover financially. Lol.

So far we’ve had 2 “aren’t RTÉ amazing” stories and a LLS mention.

A “quite bonkers documentary” that was “intriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiguing” (extra emphasis).

Macca!!!!!! We’ll have a full house shortly.

Tubs shocked that Macca didn’t pick one of his own songs for Desert Island Discs. Maybe he’s not a complete self-centered entitled and deluded pr*ck Bryan? Has anyone ever picked one of their own songs on Desert Island Discs?

RTE Guide: what’s your favorite tv show of all time Bryan?

Bryan: anything I was involved with.

• Advertisement

Barry Keoghan AGAIN!!!!!

Obviously the most amazing actor in the world because he’s Irish.

Over-emphasized ‘THAT’s are back again with gusto. Delicious.

There is literally zero prep done for this show. Joe Duffy does more prep for his shows, and that’s saying something.

It’s hilarious that he’s basically reading snippets from today’s papers, but in the current and “modrin” media world, these stories are 24 hours old and out of date. Yet of course RTÉ and Tubs haven’t realised this……

Ah I'm out bad as Ryan blowing smoke up some ones hole.

Someone telling Ryan he's great 🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮

Top 5 narcissists on Desert Island Discs

1. Elisabeth Schwartzkopf is remembered by a handful of opera enthusiasts for her career as a soprano, but whatever singing ability she may have had is almost entirely eclipsed by her appearance in 1958 on Desert Island Discs, a BBC radio programme that requires interviewees to choose eight songs that would be their sole entertainment on a desert island. Seven of her choices featured her own voice, and the eighth was the instrumental prelude to an opera recording in which she was the star.

2. Norman Wisdom chose five of his own songs, including the appropriately titled Narcissus.

3. Rolf Harris, cartoonist, artist, pop singer and a national treasure who recently admitted that he’d never read any Shakespeare, has appeared on Desert Island Discs twice, so he cannot claim not to understand the concept. Nevertheless, for his second outing, in 1999, he chose three songs of his own.

4. Only two people have ever chosen Gary Glitter records to take with them, and one of them was Gary himself. Paul Gadd, to call him by his real name, was interviewed in 1981, 15 years before he was convicted of abusing two underage girls.

5. And finally, Engelbert Humperdinck, the ham-faced cheese-peddler who, if placed under a metaphor grill, would be a crooning croque monsieur. He only chose one of his own records, but earns his place with his spectacular choice of book to take with him to the island: his own autobiography.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ryan: why were you at The Batman premier

Barry: I'm in it

So the DLB promised Barry's granny he'd go for a pint with her in Summerhill, but he never went? Surprising. Next they'll be telling us he never went on the 123 bus as he said he would!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

if paul chose "best of the beatles" i'd be amused

That’s my point. You’d want to be a complete bell-end to pick your own work…..but Tubs was shocked Macca didn’t pick any of his own songs. The lad is clueless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement