Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1TV Pro 52% Discount on Annual Subscription

• 09-03-2022 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

F1 Fans may be interested in this as the new season is about to begin.

Instructions:

• Download Bluestacks Android Emulator here: https://www.bluestacks.com/bluestacks-5.html
    • Enable your VPN to Turkey.
    • Open up Bluestacks and create a new Google account, I wasn't asked for a country here but if you are put in whatever country you're VPN is set to. If you are asked for a Zip Code, use: 35000 or google some random Turkish Zip. This worked for me.
    • Download the F1TV app from the play store.
    • Click Subscribe and then create a new F1TV account with the newly created Gmail account from above.
    • Select annual subscription, then add your card to Google Pay here and then subscribe.

Once you have subscribed you don't need to keep your VPN enabled when using it, I think this is because of some EU law but I don't know the specifics.

Total price I paid for an annual subscription was: €17.77 (TRY279.99)

Another application to compliment this service is: https://github.com/robvdpol/RaceControl This only works on Windows though I believe.

Any questions I'd be happy to help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I did this myself (thanks to the OP) and it works perfectly. Great app and no need for VPN. I think it's only valid til 13th Mar?

You can also add this new Turkey google account to your phone and monitor it.

You can also use this setup for Ssports to get the proper cheap Turkish price.

Post edited by TheDriver on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Just a word of caution - I signed up on a 'visit' to Poland last year. The highlights etc. all worked fine without a VPN, but on raceday the live stuff didn't work. It just errored out.

As you say, this is supposed to be covered by the EU law, so maybe they have fixed it, but it didn't work for me last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gerard20202020

I think it's worth pointing out that people have had a much better experience by using the RaceControl application I linked, granted this isn't going to be for everyone if they don't want to or can't use their PC.

However, the archive is worth the price by itself, all races, qualifying, practice, everything available immediately after broadcast. Also for live broadcasts you can rewind to thee start and watch from there if suffering from buffering or if you missed the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

2nd time I've had a go at this and it's not working for me, I think my keepsolid Turkish VPN is leaking to google and it's setting up the new account as an Irish or US

What would be the best free VPN to try this again?

Try zenmate, it has a 7 day free trial, no credit/debit card necessary: https://zenmate.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Ah fair enough. I had heard of that, but I have never used it. Might give it another go this year - thanks for the heads-up.

I've made some progress, needed to setup the new google account via Turkish VPN on a android device not the bluestacks and then on play store add a payment method to change to turkey play store

Downloaded FI TV app on bluestacks with Turkey VPN no bother, setup my F1 TV profile and I've got all the way to the final purchase screen on F1 TV for the discount TRY price but payments keep on rejecting, I've tried Mastercard and Revolut with and without the VPN and all rejecting

What address do you have setup on google pay for your payment method? Irish or a turkish address? Not sure if the address is what's causing the rejections or if it's actually keepsolid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Inviere

Does this have the pre race build up etc, all in elglish, ie the sky f1 feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

From what I remember only the race is the sky feed, pre and post is their own production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭recyclebin

As Turkey is not in the EU, could people get stung come race day?

• Advertisement

I did the whole thing on bluestacks with the VPN on. No issue with any of it. I added my card as I was going to pay through google play

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Hideki99235

For the f1tv. Do you get access to the library of races? I remember previously people saying in Ireland you couldn't get all the benefits of the app.

Yes, it doesn't seem to care about being in Ireland, just can't sign up in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Signed up yesterday on my phone..

Removed main Google account

Created new one with VPN on

Created F1 TV account VPN on

Clicked the offer, signed up

Added revolut virtual card to Google play

Used 35000 as the zip code from the OP.

Downloaded Race control, signed in (wouldn't work without VPN)

Added my main Google account back on the phone. I can switch between both accounts.

Tried live testing this morning. Needed VPN for live feed to show up. Error on keepsolid, works fine on wibdscribe

Yeah unfortunately you need to have your VPN enabled for the live feeds today which is disappointing but still not a deal breaker for me. Surfshark is working well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I got it to work with windscribe and seed4free. Wouldn't work with keepsolid. It must be a Turkey VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

Works great. Thanks OP.

I tried signing up on my phone with a vpn on and a new account but I was shown a price of €51.99 for the year and not the deal. I used the same VPN with Bluestacks and all worked well. I used a Revolut virtual disposable card with the subscription so I can't be hit with the re-subscription next year. It cost €17.09 for the year.

Bluestacks didn't work on playback and gave a DRM error. Race Control worked great.

Playback on my phone worked fine with VPN enabled.

I installed the F1TV app on my NVIDIA Shield and added it to the list of apps to route through Turkey on OpenVPN. Live playback worked perfectly and I am really impressed with the options to change the resolution of the playback up to 1080P. Many android versions of apps wont allow this(I am looking at you SSportPlus)

• Advertisement

I'm using different VPN and every card under the sun and still receiving error at final purchase every time "Your transaction can't be completed. To continue this transaction, use a different payment instrument or contact us"

I used a fake Turkish address on F1 TV account signup wondering should I have just used my Irish, did any of you who signed up successfully use a Turkish or Irish address?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

I don't think I put in address anywhere on signup. I also left the fake name even when paying. The only thing I entered was a postcode when paying through Google playstore, which was 34435(James Joyce Irish pub in Istanbul :D ).

Did you sign up for the account through the F1TV while using Bluestacks?

Yes. Make sure your VPN is registering as Turkey so go to a website that tells you your IP address. One of my Turkish ones was showing up as Czech

Thanks everyone after so many hours finally got the payment to go through with my revolut working out at EUR 17.42 and have the race control app installed on my firestick working great so far

Not entirely sure what cause my issue could have been one of these 3 things incase anyone else is trying to sign up:

I noticed on bluestacks location it was somehow set to Tehran in Iran of all places, not sure if that could have blocked the transactions

I re-added my revolut to the google pay with my usual Irish address, I let TRY 2.00 temporary debit be reverted after a few hours before I tried to purchase

I also turned off my Turkish VPN (ZenMate) at the final purchase screen

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭samboy08

Don't own a pc just an android device, tried to signup using my turkish Google play account and prices show up in turkish Lira but when I go to pay, it takes the money out of my account but shows up as an error on payment with google play. Account is still not showing as subscribed. I guess the money will return back to my account in the next several days. Seems like it only works on bluestacks.

Didn't use revolut though, I used curve....

Post edited by samboy08 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is it possible to sign up with an Irish debit card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,260 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Does this work with smart dns does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

Hi All, It looks like F1 TV app has been removed from the Turkish Play Store, so I decided to go with a Portugal account for €39.99 using a new Portuguese google play account. Big thing to note is live streams work without a VPN while my old account I made when I was in Mexico billed to my irish google play account wouldn't work without a VPN.

• Advertisement

Seems to be working fine live with a vpn. Great bargain at 18 quid.

Advertisement