Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I can deal with that, but I'd add in the Fontaines. My expectations for the top tier are low but Tame Impala make up for the guff, Rage worth a look and Snow Patrol have 4/5 very decent tracks.

Second tier should be decent but the lowest tier is where we'll find the best of the young Irish and UK acts. Add in a few older bands and the weekend is sorted. All I require is a dozen acts to look forward to and I expect to have at least double that after the third announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

I expect Doof-Doof Representation from:

Jeff Mills (Terminus)

Helena Hauf (Terminus)

Bicep (Terminus or Electric Arena)

Difficult to call the Rave in the Woods, don't think they go for big guests anymore, well they didn't in 2019 anyway. Also the forest will be utterly impossible to navigate with 70,000 heads around so it'll need a massive restructure in stage setting, or other options elsewhere for late night Shenanigans.

EDIT: @Stillill42's Post Punk Croon-Along, Under the Trees at the Main Stage After Hours could be a goer.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The 2020 lineup does not inspire confidence it has to be said

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sjdkfhahjfs

Deadly, I just listened to Bedroom. Very good album. They kind of sound like a mix of Slowdive and Deerhunter to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I dont think we are going to get Tame Impala, im pretty sure they were touring in 2020 and they still wernt announced for EP

I think, everythings a blur at this stage

But jesus how amazing is it to have the underwhelming anouncement in the morning after all we have been through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is she actually touring at the moment, you could be right its nearly a decade since she last played.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I'd say Tame Impala are near certainties, they've a big EP-sized gap in their schedule from 31 August to 7 Sept. May be announced for Reading/Leeds also.

I'd expect Liam Gallagher and Two Door Cinema Club, possibly Stormzy. Hopefully a bigger first announcement than we're used to. No need really to hold back names (unless for contractual reasons) given it's effectively sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Stillill42

So you're saying we're getting Blur, Rfrip? Nice one.

Certainly is, Bjorkestral has just completed in the US, plus some Cornucopia dates out there too. Some European dates have been scheduled, including Blue Dot.

EDIT: ...and apparently a new album on the way for late this year.

I love RATM and Tame Impala but with the other 3 that would be a sad set of headliners imo. I'd like to see The Chemical Brothers rebooked and AM might be likely.

Either way there'll be good stuff on the undercard. They should have been able to get 1 or 2 fun if not great "indie" acts like Foals or Two Door Cinema Club, a few of the good modern post-punk/rock bands like Fontaines DC, Idles, Just Mustard, Black Midi, Girl Band etc. and although I sense there's not many hip hop heads on here if they have rebooked Denzel Curry, JPEGMAFIA, JID, Little Simz and added Run The Jewels that would be great.

Maybe my expectations are too high...

• Advertisement

Little Simz has already self-confirmed via her website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Nice, an amazing live gig experience, i can’t make it, but did send this to some London friends, these 3 gigs will blow the roof off that excellent Brixton Venue

Just had a gleek on Pet Shop Boys' website, dates free around EP time and in Spain in July, nothing penciled in for August.

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Wonder would gorillaz be a possibility. Touring festivals right til 19th august

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Chem bros , foals I think will be on it

Beautiful Days announced their lineup on the 4th happening 19th - 21st August.

Craig Charles' Funk & Soul Club is the best craic ever. Would love to see him of an afternoon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Foals won't be announced until after their fairview Park gig or if it sells out before.

That's quite an impressive lineup for Blue Dot alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

This time tomorrow we'll know who we have, but for the moment, who's the 5 acts you'd like to see on the poster?

Here's mine.

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

The Wave Pictures

Arlo Parks

The Smile (to scratch that Radiohead itch)

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Probably means nothing but placebo said they've more news tomorrow???

+1 for Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever!

W.H. Lung

bdrmm

Nation of Language

Working Men's Club

HENGE

Snapped Ankles

plus Free-Flow Across The Whole Site As We've All Had A Time Of It

EDIT: Removed Roisin & Primal Scream but I'm still taking 6

Post edited by rubick on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I presume we're not confined to actual realism for our wish lists?? Grand so. I'll go for..

Pavement

Pixies

Supergrass

The Frames

Yard Act

...Crowded House, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Big Thief, Aldous Harding, Sprints, Mick Flannery and Susan O'Neill.....

And so on and so forth. But I'll settle for just being there. And you can quote me on that.

Edit...oh, and Suede, of course, always Suede.

Post edited by Stillill42 on

I actually fancied Therapy? to make an appearance for 2020. They are touring again this summer.

Realistic:

RATM

The Chemical Brothers

Idles

Fontaines DC

Denzel Curry

Some unrealistic names that probably aren't touring at that time or have clashes: NIN, The Smile, Vince Staples, The Avalanches, Caribou

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭LowOdour

10 Acts from 2020 lineup i hope are kept for 2022

RATM, RTJ, Foals, Little Simz, Black Country New Road, Chems, Just Mustard, Magic Gang, Rick Astley and JV McMorrow.

Think that would be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

If we get the Chemical Brothers it'll be for Friday, they're already announced for festivals on the Saturday and Sunday.

Would love to see St. Vincent back and Fontaines will be a massive gig if they're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Wet leg are a band I'd never heard of until the Glasto announcement, remind me of a mix between Parquet Courts and Pillow Queen's, well worth a listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Really like them and sprints. Hopefully we will see one or both at EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

Oh it's great to see all this excitement and anticipation, it truly is our own Christmas eve! I think Rage and Arctic monkeys are nailed on as definates. Rage alone will be such a rare experience to even see play. Other than that I'm open enough, oh throw in less pop crap and more folk/trad acts!

Advertisement