Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a caravan

Options
  • 13-02-2022 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

What's the market like for selling a caravan at the moment are they still making good money.

would I be better wait till wheather picks up have a 2006 bailey fixed bed hoping to get 4500, it probably needs a bit spent on it a few small bits need doing, don't fancy trying to sell it and all the tyre kickers coming for a look and all the shite that comes with it anyone any tips on how to sell it.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Are you planning on replacing it with something? You could try use it as a trade in for your next purchase. I'm not sure about prices, have a look on donedeal and see what people are asking. From the people I know who are trying to get into caravanning, there's a premium for small, light caravans. Young people don't have the necessary licence to pull big caravans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭kerryjack

No we tried it for a while, didn't suit us TBH not for everyone i suppose So looking to sell but don't really want the hassle of people calling to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Market is falling off, the covid craze of suv and caravan on tow and sh1tting into a bucket romance is over.

It’s back flying to sea resorts this year, cost of holidays here is too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Chalk it down, flights booked myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Trying to sell it privately through the usual add sites (donedeal etc) will absolutely break your heart. Between the usual tyre kickers, and our nomadic minority plaguing you, you will wish you hadn't advertised.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Maybe put it up on the buying and selling thread here? At least you can see who the boardsie is, see if they're a normal person from their previous posts and then arrange to meet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

We just sold ours to the guy that stored it.

Now we paid 9,000 for it when we bought it three years ago, if we sold it ourselves(didnt want the hassle) we would of got 8 for it. Instead the guy bought it for 6,500(who stored it for us) and he sold it for 8500.

He said the market was very hot still, big demand

So over a 3 year period it was good value for us. We bought a mobile home instead,

ya you probably done the right thing no way would I have any of these characters calling to my home, had it up on adverts for an hour must have got 10 offers and than you get there number for private messaging and all 085 numbers I think they must have some kind of WhatsApp group and when they see a caravan up they just bombard the add with messages and offers no way am I advertising it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I can see there still being demand, ferry prices have gone nuts, with the war in the Ukraine I can see French holiday campsites been used to house people at least for the summer till the figure something better out. So we may all be staying at home this year again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Had the same experience a few years ago. Once the ad went up the phone started hopping immediately. Had over 40 calls from our nomadic minority.

Use a burner SIM. I stopped answering the phone for about a week & then when the calls almost stopped a genuine buyer called & we did a deal.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Trust me, the top sites wont be doing this. Alot are already booked out for the summer

Advertisement