Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukraine (Mod Note & Threadbanned Users in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tooka

still not verified that there are 3000 dead and buried children

maybe it will be verified, at moment it is not and a video of some people walking out of a damaged building does not verify anything

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What could have been done to prevent it , considering its been planned for at least 12 months ,

So come on let's see how you could have convinced Putin not to invade ukraine, considering world leaders tried ,

What could you have done

• Registered Users Posts: 25,749 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Shure no one actually has videos of people dying in gas chambers. Ya people say it happened and we have videos of people going in and out of concentration camps.

No "proof" of the potato famine either. Just a load of people walking out of Ireland.

Exactly, in this day of mobile phones and cameras everything is veritable by media and such

to say otherwise is to encourage fake news

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

How can did you manage to type that with your fingers stuck in your ears while shouting Na Na I can't hear you!! At the top of your voice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I hope it’s not true also.

Thank you for not replying in bold font for a start.

Don’t feel you have to reply to every comment.

You are a diligent, conscientious poster.

Can you provide a link to the media retraction and apology for the fake baby incubator story from Kuwait that persuaded Congress to vote for war?

Regarding “good faith”.

Let me guess you are the arbiter of what constitutes “good faith”, correct?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Well I, like you, am no expert. However listening to those experts who have forgotten more about Ukraine and Russia than you and I will ever know, a lot could have been done to avoid war that wasn’t. Such as guarantees on Ukrainian non membership of NATO.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

It has still not been verified that there were thousands of dead children.

if it has than please put up a link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Christy42

They have been there a bit more than 3 days mate and have made little ground.

I mean they started right next to Kyiv which is the key point to take. It isn't like they had to travel end to end or anything.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

##Mod Note##

Tooka - This is the Politics forum , it requires a higher standard of posting/debate than other fora on this platform.

Simply replying "Not Verified" over and over is not up to standard.

If your position is that the information is not yet verified , please outline what would be required in your view to reach this "verified" status with supporting evidence.

The Charter for the Forum can be found here , please take a look before posting again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭liamtech

Here is one FYI - the fact is we know about this story because it was reported on - in western media. This is the point i tried to make RE our media - we know about their mistakes, as they, invariably end up reporting on them

As for the story on the hospital, it is sadly true - and being responded to globally now - Sky, BBC, AFP and Reuters - i havent checked RTE but i can only imagine. As a father, i am hoping we DO NOT actually see young children, babies and pregnant mothers bodies. Apparently some people (not suggesting this of you btw), will not be satisfied unless they are presented with such evidence. One wonders whether such individuals doubt the death toll from 9/11, given that (sadly), many victims bodies were utterly disintegrated during that appalling act of barbarism. If provided with such evidence in this case, one wonders whether they will sleep again (if they ever did)

In terms of Good faith. No, of course i am not the arbiter, no one is. No such arbiter exists @SafeSurfer. Good faith is simply a mindset and a group of behavioral norms, through which we should be conversing. The rules are simply there to ensure that dialogue is had, fairly, equitably.

We just try to behave ourselves in a sane way for a start. We attempt to offer our arguments sincerely - we dont intend to deliberately antagonize and opponent or fellow debater/Poster. Nor do we deliberately mislead or lie, or spread verified falsehoods. It does not mean, we dont get things wrong. It does not mean, getting something wrong, is a cardinal offence either. It just means we should argue in good faith, with command of the facts as we have them. And be willing to offer evidence to substantiate claims we may make. If the facts we have turn out NOT to be true (You might imagine someone arguing on the Kuwait Baby story - thinking it were true) - that person has not actually argued in bad faith. as an example i mean.

Good faith is just playing the game of interactions with some amount of integrity.

Thats my take on it- i have never had it explained to me btw - so welcome some (good faith) disagreements on it- i have always viewed my interactions to be in good faith because i apply the same rules/ethos i did in college, when debating, or submitting papers

• I think before i type
    • I check my sources -
    • I ask 'is this useful' and 'is it necessary to include this' - does this ADD to the argument and is it warranted
    • I try to fully understand what it is i am responding to - 'Steel manning' it to a certain extent - what is she/he saying, and what is there that i can take genuine issue with

yea look, i am not perfect - i try

IMHO

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 29,461 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

That wouldn't have avoided war.

What do those experts think the status would be of Baltic States if they werent in NATO? Well? Would they already have been invaded or destabilised by Russia and now subject to a puppet ruler?

And Putin has no other reason to invade a pro EU western leaning Ukraine?

Resources? Donbas?

No other reasons no?

What do your experts say? That NATO was the only reason? With what foundation.

This was always about putting a pro Russian regime into power.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

You posted the 3 days comment, not it should be over in 10?

how long did it take America to take Iraq and Afghanistan?

the answer is never took either country

let’s all deal with the facts

already have

in the day of mobile phones and cameras and instant internet and social media, when the videos are released I will than believe it as it will be verified.

let’s keep things simple

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That's wouldn't have stopped it , putin wants to bring back all former Soviet union States back under Russian occupation ,there was nothing that could have prevented this war ,bar the removal of putin 4 weeks ago.

This doesn't end at ukraine ,no matter what people think should be aggreed to

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

81Of course, the Russians/Soviets were never at pains to point out that countries from ''the west'' were their allies in beating back the German invasion.

Cant believe i am doing this but here goes

The BBC have verified that, yes, that is a hospital - the buildings location is verified and matched with the footage. (see links provided)

Is it your position that we should assume the hospital was empty? In a time of war? Is that what you are suggesting?

Will you NOT accept that people died (innocent men women and children, and babies) until such time as we are presented with gruesome and graphic footage? Who will take this footage? I have seen some (not of this incident) gruesome footage over on the other thread (sadly i cannot un-see it)

If (understandably) the major media channels will NOT show footage described above - but some does leak out on twitter - will you refuse to acknowledge that men, women, children, babies, and unborn - died? What if they show Women and children, but not pregnant women and Men - will you then state - NO - men, and unborn, did NOT die -simply because you cannot see the bodies?

Do you apply the same standards to other situations? Accidents and reported violence and murder? Do you NEED TO SEE the bodies to acknowledge them?

Im trying (genuinely) to understand what you are asking for

Finally - where did anyone state thousands of Children? I doubt anyone did but, if they did, please provide the post?

And you will condemn totally and without reservation or equivocation this war crime committed by Russia?

Or will you find some excuse... oh thats a different building... timestamp... because your previous posts suggest that will be your excuse.

i will accept it is a hospital and anything else you say it is

I will only accept that there was 3000 deaths of women and children when given verifiable evidence,

I also will not believe any propaganda from Russia or Ukrainian governments or propaganda from China, the EU and America.

i assume you remember Iraq and WMDS and what that lie by the American government and its agencies inc the CIA did to the people in Iraq where thousands of children were murdered

all governments lie including our own, and they use state agencies and media new and old to make those lies into truths

So you need videos of each of the 3000 or however many dead bodies to prove they are dead. But you will then claim like the hospital that there is no time stamp so what we need are the actual on camera deaths close to a clock with time and date and a road sign outside.

• Advertisement

see my post above

evidence is what I believe , hard facts

Evidence , it should be easy to document by those close to the strike

The US didnt sent in lightly armed paratroops against a dug in military.

They took out defences with massive air campaign.

They didnt send in military police before their main military to be taken out.

Which is the question you have been running away from all day with smokescreens and semantics.

You presented a picture for this being all deliberate Russian plan utterly without supporting evidence and are completely unable to engage with the holes pointed out in it except to deny deny deny. People see right through your ostrich in the sand approach.

The British beat Hitler with bulldog spirit. Or was it the American boys from the home of the brave.

Western allies don't really talk about Russia's contribution either

It has been documented and when shown you called it propaganda and lies.

Also how easy is it to whip out your phone and video as Russians are raining bombs on children. Please do tell us about your experience in these situations.

As predicted your post is another display of intellectual and moral cowardice. You avoided the question. Its obvious you only believe what is approved for you to believe by Russian propaganda. And Russia can do no wrong. But still you defend Russian war crimes implicitly with your denials.

You wont condemn Russian war crimes. You will always hide behind some excuse.

The Russian lies are becoming so outrageous, its clear that they longer care if they are plausible or not. First Drug-addicted Nazis, next Jihadis fighting for the Ukrainians. They're trying on now some story about Ukraine secretly making nuclear weapons and even making biological WMDs in a secret lab. Apparently some of the American right-wing crazies are swallowing the last one.

Let’s deal with facts

when I see evidence of these mass deaths I will acknowledge it as such

until than I have seen no evidence of large numbers of Ukrainian or Russian deaths

Hitler wasn't clinically insane. Neither was Francisco Solano Lopez, Nicholas the Second or Hong Xiuquan. Yet they managed to bring-or nearly bring-their countries down into ruin.

Post edited by ilkhanid on

• Advertisement

Nah listen - i dont know what to say anymore. And wont take part in this farce. I commend you @odyssey06 for attempting to AT LEAST get a response worthy of this thread, well done. I tried too. The inconvenient questions are being ignored. (im still scratching my head as to this 3000 figure - where did this come from???? - as always not addressed, ignored, irrelevancies replied instead).

We are witnessing a horror unfold - the likes of which we have not seen in 80 years. Entirely the fault and responsibility of the Russian Government. If the fighting enters Kyiv, it will literally be carnage - imagine the battle of Berlin 1945 or Stalingrad 1942/3 if the soldiers had iPhones? It will be absolute carnage. Some people seem to just wish to stick there heads in the sand. And reiterate old western policy failings - while ignoring the fact that what we are watching now is insane. the food shortages will surely lead to a MASSIVE collateral damage too - its appalling

Advertisement