Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Daredevil came first and some were spin offs of that

I’ve only watched that one myself and it was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

full order

1. Daredevil (Season 1)
    2. Jessica Jones (Season 1)
    3. Daredevil (Season 2)
    4. Luke Cage (Season 1)
    5. Iron Fist (Season 1)
    6. The Defenders (Limited Series)
    7. The Punisher (Season 1)
    8. Jessica Jones (Season 2)
    9. Luke Cage (Season 2)
    10. Iron Fist (Season 2)
    11. Daredevil (Season 3)
    12. The Punisher (Season 2)
    13. Jessica Jones (Season 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

War for the Planet of the Apes finally added to a subscription streaming platform ~5 years after theatrical release.

I probably should have just rented it out long ago but expected to be available before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Part 1 there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

A fantastic set of movies. I really hope Disney carry on with the franchise and get in the same writers and producers. And Serkis.

I’m sure there is a lot they can do without repeating the the story of the original movies.

There could a series instead of movies or even both.

What are the reasons that they don’t have RISE or or the rest of the McDowell movies?

I expected the Tim Burton movie to be weird just like his other movies but was surprised on its release that it is just a straight forward action movie. Doesn’t seem like his thing at all?

is there a story behind why he made it? Did he owe Fox a movie for some reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Except, Agents of SHIELD are already there. In fact they got exclusive dibs on the final season. No sign of Cloak and Dagger moving it seems.

Might have been a difference between the US and elsewhere. They don’t have the ‘star’ content for example

They should have let Netflix keep Iron Fist.

The addition of this Marvel content is of little interest to me.

Fortunately Disney are adding enough content outside of Marvel/Star Wars to warrant the increase in price.

West Side Story (2021) added today, The Dropout later in the week and Pixar's Turning Red next week. That alone is enough to keep me paying for another year.

• Advertisement

Plus, all of those are coming straight out rather than by an extra €20 for "Premium access". Perhaps the failure of this model is the reason for the price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I didn't realise they'd made a series about Elizabeth Holmes and it was airing on Disney Plus. I never listened to the podcast but I read the book Bad Blood by John Carreyrou which was excellent. Looking forward to this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,609 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

West side story was terrific I thought....it is still in cinemas (shame it flopped) I am not sure it would have as much impact on the small screen

• Registered Users Posts: 39,823 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nice to see that the dropout is on Disney plus as I saw a trailer for it on being on Hulu and was wondering if we would get it here. I’m oddly fascinated by these people who seem to create this fantasy world. She’s kind of up there with Belle Gibson from Australia who was just fuller than a Christmas turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,576 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finally got around to watching OJ: Made in America. Great documentary on how such a tragic miscarriage of justice was able to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Disney has confirmed that it's launching a cheaper, ad-supported tier for its Disney+ service - first in the US, then internationally.

The new price plan will be available to members Stateside from "late 2022" and elsewhere in 2023.

"Expanding access to Disney+ to a broader audience at a lower price point is a win for everyone - consumers, advertisers, and our storytellers," said the chairman of DIsney Media and Entertainment, Kareem Daniel.

"More consumers will be able to access our amazing content. Advertisers will be able to reach a wider audience, and our storytellers will be able to share their incredible work with more fans and families."

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/disney/160279-disney-plus-cheaper-ad-supported-tier

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Funny how things come full circle: a chief benefit of Streaming was subscribing to an advert free environment, one where media came uninterrupted by commercials. Now somehow Disney of all people, someone we'd reasonably don't need the 3rd party revenue, have decided to bring adverts back? Fabulous. Ok they're not the first to do a plan like this but it doesn't smell right with me.

Hulu in the US have always offered an ad supported version so it isn’t completely alien there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

A lot of streaming services offer a discounted rate with adds. Paramount Plus is another. Sky's NOW streaming service is thought to be about to offer a cheaper add based service.

It will only effect me if they try to introduce ads in the regular service

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Which itself is now owned by Disney! I'm not saying it isn't uncommon, just the fact the largest monolith in entertainment offering advert hobbles services feels .. cheeky. Greedy even. I feel like they don't need the revenue 😁 Anyway, wouldn't be a tier I'd ever pay for so hey ho

• Advertisement

NOW have already taken the sneakier approach here in the UK of adding ads to the existing subscription everyone was on and adding a "Boost" add on which removes ads as well as giving a few other benefits.

Post edited by S.M.B. on

I'm on NOW UK and Boost is £5 per month

Going a little off topic here so apologies to those looking for only Disney+ related chat.

Sleeper12, are NOW planning on offering a further subscription option with more ads if you weren't talking about the difference with and without the Boost add on? Do you find the £5 a month good value?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Samsung are giving away 12 month subscriptions with new devices at the moment, I picked up 2 of them, might be of interest to some people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

The lower price service will probably cost what the current rate is and you'll pay more for the ad-free version.

I'm on UK NOW. That's different to the Irish one. There is a thread NOW Ireland and you can get better answers there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Thank you

I’m surprised it hasn’t happened sooner in all the services.

Just glad there is an option for ad free.

• Advertisement

Advertisement