Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 skeating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

not bad, room for a bit of haggling maybe or see if you can add a couple more panels for the same money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I've sent off an email to Bonkers.ie to ask then if they would try to put up some information on their website about prices in general and what a typical system, like the one above should cost. We all know that if other 8shower were to price a system like that, you wouldn't get much change out of 25K.

We'll see what happens. If they even bother to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Getting places now. Thanks for the help from folks here.

New quote -

8x 375W QCELL 3KW (adding to existing 4x bringing total to 12x 375w panels for 4.5kWp)

5Kw Solis Hybrid Inverter

5kWh Pure Drive Battery 

Eddi water diverter

Price €9,500 excl. grant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Get the 6kwh inverter, very little in the price difference. Use it as a haggle tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 andrewrc

I got a quote from ****** as I liked the idea of paying monthy but I'm wondering if it's expesive.

29.50 per month = 3540 (over 10 years signing over grant to *****)

QUANTITY OF PANELS 7 (They said if there's room they'll give me an 8th panel free)

SYSTEM SIZE 2.56 kWp

I had a look back through a number of pages of posts but most systems seem far bigger than this. Any advice appreciated thanks.

Post edited by Jonathan on

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Barrak

I would appreciate peoples expert opinion on quotes I have received. All prices after grant taken off

1. 12 x Q-cell 4KwH panels plus huawei inverter 6,275e
    2. 12 x Solitec 4KwH panels plus Ergocell inverter 6, 350e
    3. 16 x Longi 6Kwh panels plus SE5000H inverter/Solar Edge 10KwH battery 8,700e
    4. 12 x Longi 4.8KwH panels SE5000H inverter/ LG Chem RESU7H (?7) 7KwH battery 7600e

I hope i got the details correct there, will clarify with installer tomorrow. We already have solar hot water panels and a Zappi so no Eddie required.

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Barrak

Sorry my bad both option 3. and 4. are with a 5KwH battery....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

No naming company names, per the forum charter.

Post edited by Jonathan on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 andrewrc

Sorry I should have known that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Reposting the comment by @championc, had to delete as it quoted the post naming an installer and for some daft reason boards let's us edit the original, but not the quoted one.

*Start with it and maybe even expand later. Buy it out if you like. Few are getting that price level per kWp. You could add a Storage inverter and battery separately later too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kvnt

HI All

Any thoughts on these would be greatly appreciated

16 recom 395w solar panel

solis hybrid 6kw inverter

weco 5kw battery

6kw solar installation

14,677 before grant

Quote 2

16 recom 395w solar panel

solis hybrid 5kw inverter

pylontech 3.55kw li battery x2

5kw solar installation

14,044 before grant

Quote 3

16 370w 5.92 kw ja solar

5kw pure drive battery

5kw solis hybrid inverter

eddie water diverter

wifi dongle

11,900 before grant

i have solar thermodynamic panel for hot water so wont need to heat water from the solar pv

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Quote 1 - about €3k too high

Quote 2 - about €2.5k too high

Quote 3 - about €500 too high

If you don't need to heat the water from PV, why the Eddi on quote 3? 3 is the best price, have a go at haggling another €500 off and you're sorted. Or drop the Eddi and try to get a grand off in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I noticed that but I'm on the bold step at the moment😀 and didn't want to say it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Indeed. 😂 Missed that as I was using mobile site, which is useless.

As Phil points out you can't edit the quoted comment, so I've just removed it from my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 giannidtz

Hi all,

I'm super glad that I found this forum, I got a quote from a company with a name that indicates the 8th iteration last night and for a 8 panel installation with no battery it came up to €9616 after grand and super duper discount for been the first in the area. Looks like we have very knowledgeable people on the matter in this forum and I would kindly appreciate if you could PM the contact of more reputable companies willing to do an installation in Dublin.

Thanks.

Note: Edited to remove the name of the company.

Post edited by giannidtz on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

For 8 panels with no battery, the simplest solution is with the Solar as a Service company. €3600 paid monthly over 10 years, so you don't even need to get the cash together up front. You then own the kit. You can buy it out early too.

Some people pay more for Sky per month !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Badabing1

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone could post a detailed quote, ie price per item, per panel, size of panel, price of battery, if roof size calculations or anything was written down, any details really, doesn't need to be all of those. needed urgently for teens Junior Cert exam 😐 Sorry for the intrusion.

Thanks so much if anyone can

• Advertisement

Do an online quote on midsummer.ie or solartricity.ie. you'll get all specs there too including dimensions.

You can match most to quotes on here over the past few pages

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bizarro

Hi All,

could anyone DM me a recommendation for a good solar company who'd do an install in Cork? The quote's I'm getting seem high if I go by what's been said here. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Give me a dm and I can send you my quote from 2019 if its any help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Don't have anything to hand, but midsummer have a pv builder website, that would do up a parts list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

They provided the base price you see being quoted here for the past 12 months. They will fit on the 9 panels as that is the offer. If they can't fit it I'd be talking to Gerhard about a reduction in cost. The old offer of 7 panels after grant was 20 per month.

Prices have gone up a bit with them but that was flagged last autumn as materials increase.

It's a good deal with the 8 panels still at 1200 per 1kw of pv after grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

As has been said. The solar as a service company would suit you down to the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 17 suicra05

Hi,

I am looking to install 11 panels on my roof. The rear of house is East facing and the front is West facing. The plan is 4 panels on the rear and 7 on the front. I have an issue with shading from my neighbor's chimney on the rear of the house. There is 2 strings recommended, one for the front and one for the rear. With the shading on the rear it means that the maximum amount produced will be reduced. I had a number of companies quote me but some want to use optimisers (which seemly help the shading situation) and other suppliers don't want to use it as it is an extra cost and also they are not sure about the reliability. My preferred supplier doesn't want to use optimisers. I myself would prefer not to use them as it is an extra thing that can go faulty on the system. Is there any way around this shading situation? Does anybody else have any experience with a shaded roof? The shade on the roof moves around depending on how high the sun is so in the summer when the sun is at its highest maybe the shading may not be a factor. I would appreciate any advice.

You could parallel two sets of 4, which will eliminate the need, and then hopefully site the other 3 west ones to a point where they will not be affected.

However

What is the roof slope angle ? Have you been looking at the shadow ? An early morning shadow would be cast onto the front, but the sun is not likely to be hitting them anyway due to their slope.

I don't know if where you are located but today in Dublin was cloudless and was the perfect day to survey these things to see EXACTLY where the shadow is.

If you had panels along the bottom edges of your roof, it would take a damn high chimney to be casting a shadow during worthwhile sunshine hours. You won't be expecting much from your fronts before 10am and from the rears after 3pm (or so)

• Advertisement

You make one good point about heating water but even in the hight of summer you won't use up 20kwh a day filling a hot water tank. If you do you either have a very inefficient old copper tank or your running a BnB.

A battery has alot of plus points that shouldn't be dismissed so easily. Many solar pv and battery setups can fill the hot water tank and the battery with ease. The battery can run the house at night and is very helpful during a power outage.

In a power outage what would you rather have, a full hot water tank or a battery. With my setup I can have both.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement