Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Don't forget Snoop Dogg!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Doing my super license tonight. The sense of speed on that Tokyo track with the '97 Supra GT500 is spectacular.

When you get into some of these high powered cars it's on another level. 200 mph is fast 🤣

I take it back, just drove the F1 car. That scared the **** out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The Porsche 917 is an amazing car. Looks great, sounds great and fast, very fast. When the Nurburgring will become available, I will take it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Nothing better than throwing the super formula around.

• Advertisement

I get that roller coaster sense of nervous excitement from just watching that video. :)

If you want a poor man's steering wheel. You can use the motion controls on the controller.

To turn it on. When on the world map go to the top left to the GT symbol (or Press the Options button) to open the dropdown. Select "Options" and on the next screen, Press R1 to move over to controllers. Then select Wireless Controller 1P.

Here you will see all the buttons mapped out. Look in the top left and you will see a Blue rectangle for the Steering controls (it will be set to Left Stick).

Click into this and you can swap it to Motion controls. Jump into a race and you hold the controller like a steering wheel.

I played some Circuit Experiences over the last few days. Got some Gold, some Silver, but mostly bronze trophies.

Biggest thing for me is that I get a trophy for every sector, but I fall down when it comes to completing a full circuit in the given timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Finished all the menu books today.

was good fun but have to say I’m a bit underwhelmed by choice of races at each track in terms of prize money. Looks like a serious amount of grinding to be able to afford the more expensive cars. Also noticed no endurance type races. Might be added in future dlcs possibly. Have the licenses and missions to finish now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Three licenses down now with all gold trophies, first leg of the Super done too but I can tell this is probably to break me at some point.

10 laps in super cars on the most difficult tracks in the game with very little margin for error to obtain the gold. It’s like Dark Souls on wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Anyone else getting finger fatigue playing this? Had to stop after about an hour today, I think the resistance on the dualsense triggers is too much. I could turn it off but then that’d mean losing out on all the feedback. Maybe it’s time to buy a wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's definitely tougher on the fingers than most games, but I think you can reduce the level of feedback in the settings, rather than turn it off completely. Wheel is the way though.

Had to laugh as I just finished the 3rd BMW race for the menu. Was a race on the Nurburgring GP, driving the free M3 Sport Evo '89 with some mods. Done grand on the other race, but this one was killing me because it was raining and got worse in the second lap. Tried multiple times over a couple of nights (on controller) and just couldn't get it. When I did get it, I basically skipped the final S bend and drove up through the grass on the left before it. I was about 2 seconds behind the car in first, as usual, and knew I wouldn't have time to beat time. Thought I'd get a penalty or something. Nope. I won. End of menu and for now at least, stupid RWD BMW's!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yes. I applaud anyone who can achieve the superlicence golds using a control pad. I very much need a wheel to be as precise as it seems you need to be. But maybe that's cos I'm used to using a wheel on my other racing games. I can even get around the first bend of the first test without sliding into the barrier 😂. I tried the F1 test at leguna seca and got the bronze but miles off the gold time.

I curse fanatec. I bought a CSL DD before Christmas and the week it arrived they announced the playstation variant which I'd have bought instead 🤦‍♂️

ffs That dirt track on the special license is a pain. Cannot get anywhere close. Everything else is golded. Just that left

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just read earlier that the latest patch introduced a bug that all dirt tracks in the licence tasks equip your car with non dirt tires making it impossible to get gold. That might be it?

Ah Jesus.

I’ll leave it for a day or two so and see if it fixes itself so lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Ah ffs. Just took me over an hour to get a bronze on the 3rd license for the dirt section, none of the other (non dirt) sections took more than a few goes. This might explain it!

Devs aware of it and will fix in upcoming patch.

License / Missions / Circuit Experience

- In certain events of the Licenses, Mission Challenges, and Circuit Experience, the specified tires are not equipped on the vehicle and as a result, their difficulty is increased.

The dirt tracks were the only ones I was getting gold on. Must be from all the time playing dirt rally.

It's a totally different style of driving. You have to really take weight distribution into account. Tap the brakes to throw all the weight to the front wheels to grip the road , then turn into the corner about 6 feet before the corner, and then quickly flick back the steering wheel and hammer the accelerator to straighten back up.

It feels so at odds with everything they teach you for the driving in track tests. To brake in a straight line, keep the car stable and only accelerate when you are out the other side.

That guy Luca,

He lives on the second floor,

He lives upstairs from you,

I think you have seen him before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Anyone hate the drifting as much as me !!!@

Tonight I discovered from the pause menu -> settings -> display -> cockpit settings there is a cryptically named "wobble type 2" mode.

Turning it on and the cockpit view becomes a whole lot more dynamic as the driver's head is pushed around by g-forces and looks into corners. It feels so much faster and more intense, but it can be a bit disorientating too so I'm undecided yet if I'll keep using it. Definitely recommend trying it though!

I think NFS Shift 2 did something similar. I never drove cockpit view in racers before and that blew my mind. The drivers head would turn into corners, bit more difficult but very immersive.

I drive cockpit view and if that wasn't awkward enough I find myself using the right stick to look into corners too. If I'm coming into a left corner I'll push into the left to look out the side window more.

It's great until you panic and start trying to look instead of turning. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Right stick is accelerate and brake for me with the radar as the default hud to assist me in car positioning.

Any word on when we'll get a patch to put dirt tyres on the cars for licence tests and missions?

Is it just me that hates the Nordschleife? It's like an obligatory inclusion in every single racing game since GT added it in GT4 I think. But it's so long, it's just impossible to learn the track. Combine that with it being so narrow, being filled with blind crests and turns, the track scenery and surroundings being pretty much identical all the way round so you can never really orientate yourself. And something I'm finding specifically in GT7, you never quite know if you've tuned your car correctly for the given race event until you get to the massive straight the best part of 10 minutes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was happy to see a BOP race in the Daily Races, but I don't have one of those cars yet and they do be expensive enough still at this stage. Hit a bit of a wall, the American Cup for the menus is doing my head in. I've a fully modified Focus, the ONLY 4WD 'Merican car I can find that suits the cup, and it still spins out even with 50:50 ratio. Trying anything RWD is just pointless, things spin out on the straights even with racing tyres. So the menus are out for a while. Daily races are just rigged unless you're driving the specific car that is beating all other ones (that concept Nissan in the Trial Mountain, and a perfectly tuned Aqua for the 147bhp one). The missions are hard and I'm not that interested in them anyway, music rally is only ok. I feel like progression is now gone, and it's just down to being able to perfectly tune a specific car and know the track like the back of you hand in order to be competitive online.

Anyone trying the, I think it's called Meeting Place on a track?

When you buy a used car, check the oil!

The oil in my Celica was excellent, whereas the oil in my Impreza was normal. I hope I never buy a used auto with **** oil.

Check your oil!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Thanks for the warning, oil get right on it...

• Advertisement

I was thrilled to see the previous owner of my Celica GT4 took good care of it.

There are some premium cars at the used car dealer such as Porsche and Ferrari. I should expect the oil in them to be excellent and nothing less.

Advertisement