Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

Well even mentioning 4K into the conversation was ill-judged imo lol!

It's not going to be some miracle on Switch but will be interesting to see what can be done all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Announcement Trailer

Free content update! | Pokémon Legends: Arceus

DLSS-enabled Nintendo Switch Pro reportedly found in NVIDIA leak

Sounds to me like the Switch Pro rumours last year from the likes of Bloomberg. But given the chip shortage, Nintendo released the OLED model instead I believe. I don't know if they'll release a Switch Pro this year, some think the issue will ease in the second half of this year, others think it could be 2 years. Nintendo might just wait for the Switch 2 and carry on with the available models and maybe an OLED Lite for the next couple of years.

• Advertisement

Today, 3rd March, marks the 5th anniversary of the Switch. But more importantly, to me at least, it also marks the 5th anniversary of one of the greatest games ever made, if not THE greatest of all time, Breath of the Wild.

Happy 5th B-Day Nintendo Switch! How the Next 5 Could Be Its Best Yet! | An Analysis

The Switch is Still Missing 15 Major Nintendo Series After Half a Decade! (5th Anniversary)

Of the missing franchises, F-Zero is top of my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Demo out now for Kirby and the Forgotten Land too.

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake || Nintendo Switch Trailer 2022

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake is coming to Nintendo Switch on April 7th! Pre-order starts on March 31st - don't miss it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, that looks nice, I wonder if the other HotD games will be coming as well?

I must pick it up, regardless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Holy ****, was convinced it was a vaporware given how long it's been since its original announcement.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I still have a copy of House of the Dead Overkill on Wii, which is great fun and part of the reason I bothered to get Dolphin working.

What are the controls going to be like for these games on Switch? I hope it's not just "move cursor around the screen with a thumbstick", I can't see that being twitchy enough and for me gun-like controls (like the ridiculous handcannon for the Wiimote from Overkill) are a big part of enjoying the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I imagine this is going to be the sort of game made for the standard Switch, given that the motion sensors on the Switch controllers work a treat.

Switch Lite owners, well they are going to be poking the screen with a finger, which will not be cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

would have thought it would be motion-controlled? Or at least they might give that option in the Settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

In case anyone was impatiently waiting for an update on the release of Pillars of eternity 2:Deadfire since its initial 'coming soon for switch' tease in 2019... Its officially been axed.

Of course, I forgot about those, probably because I am not a fan!

But, yes, of course that would work.

But not as much fun as a Switch controller in a plastic replica firearm!

Edit: relaunch is LIVE

Dunno if many people here are familiar with GoNintendo.com but it relaunches tomorrow after around a year long hiatus. Definitely one of the most comprehensive Nintendo news and news aggregator sites.

Very in-depth discussion about the site, past, present and future, from the owner Kevin Cassidy was posted by GameXplain that is worth a watch / listen.

(Though I don’t like supporting GameXplain after the whole work crunch and screwing former employees drama)

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

^ I do not know it, but I am a fan of Nintendo Life mainly because when I was looking to spend my DSi Ware balance, they were one of the only places that actually had reviews of the games, and generally felt I agreed with the scores.

Would someone need both a GoNintendo and Nintendo Life in their ..er.... life?

Gonintendo is probably more verbose in what it will cover. I like using both for a mix of new and features.

Nintendo Switch Online members can avail of the full version of Monster Hunter Rise for free with Game Trials. It will be available from 11th - 17th March.

Also: There will be a Monster Hunter digital event on the 15th March at 2pm Irish time. It will feature 20 minutes of information on the upcoming Monster Hunter Rise Sunrise DLC.

• Advertisement

Interesting platform challenge game out tomorrow with some simple but intersesting AI-related elements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

When it says 4 to 6 hours in the trailer I think that'd be how long it would take for me to clear the first level. Wouldn't have a prayer in these kind of games. I'm so far from being good at them they're not the slightest bit fun. I'd say my middle lad would have a blast with it though.

Post edited by Tom Mann Centuria on

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Definitely not one for everyone as he says

there are difficulty modes but yes - not sure if it's for me either tbh

do find the annoying heckling bastard angle interesting although it could equally get very annoying very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like the look of it. 😊

I'll wishlist it anyway.

Nintendo delaying the release of Advance Wars.

Damn, we have to wait until human suffering and death is fun again

This happened with the original Advance Wars and 9/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

notable that the Eritrea conflict + refugee crisis wasn't enough to prevent the launch

I mean, there's death and human suffering pretty much permanently in the modern world, isn't there?

Call of Duty still releases like clockwork, and all our action movies are shooty shooty bang bangs

While the thought is "appreciated", I think only people on Twitter would have been upset about Advance Wars, the most upbeat and happy of war simulators being released.

The only way delaying it will have a positive outcome is if Putin already had a pre-order and he calls this whole thing off so he can play as Andy and do hyper repair.

It does raise the interesting question of when the amount of human suffering is back to being low enough that Advance Wars is cool again.

I wonder who's the guy and what's the metric for deciding that one.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection Announcement Trailer

Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are back from the sewers with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection! In collaboration with Nickelodeon, thirteen radical games from KONAMI’s entire archive of retro 8-bit, 16-bit, and arcade Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) titles and their Japanese versions* will be coming to PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series XǀS, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC Steam. Physical retail and digital versions will be available in 2022 at SRP $39.99.

This incredible collection of thirteen original classics gives chasing down Shredder, fighting the Foot, and tangling-up with Bebop and Rocksteady a fresh look at why KONAMI’s adaptations of the heroes in a half shell set the standard in beat ‘em up, action games. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection includes:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (Arcade)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NES)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Super Nintendo)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Sega Genesis)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of The Foot Clan (Game Boy)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers (Game Boy)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)

KONAMI partnered with game developer Digital Eclipse to expertly adapt these classics for modern gaming systems with a fantastic set of quality-of-life features including save anytime and rewind, button mapping, and added online play for certain games** with local couch play for all titles where originally intended. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will also come with a digital game guide for each title to help players fight and sometimes swim through difficult areas.

The games are based on the characters and themes of the 80’s children’s cartoon and comic book series, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles often taking place in a fictionalized New York City, around the sewers, inside futuristic enemy bases and even across time itself! In collaboration with Nickelodeon, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will also include loads of extras using imagery from the original cartoons, comics and other historic TMNT media content in a compiled Museum connecting the franchise across the various mediums. Additionally, never-before-seen development art, sketches and game design material will also be included.

*11 Japanese regional versions total -No Japanese versions released for TMNT (Arcade) and TMNT: Tournament Fighters (NES) **Titles with online functionality -TMNT (Arcade), TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade), TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist, TMNT Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)

I've no time for Konami, but this looks sweet and the nostalgia for some of these games is strong. I'm a bit surprised they got the licenses to re-release all of these.

• Advertisement

Holy crap that's awesome

Advertisement