Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Everything the Russians say is a cynical PR stunt.

As Ukrainian MP Kira Rudik said last week:

"Tonight, there was 'peaceful negotiations,' that obviously resulted in heavier air strikes after — right after the negotiation ended up. And right now, the air strikes intensified and there are more of alarms for the whole night. We anticipated this because — let me give you some tips and tricks on talking to Putin. When he says, 'I want peace,' this means, 'I'm getting my troops to kill you.' If he says, 'It's not my troops,' it means, 'It's my troops and I am gathering them.' And if he says... 'I'm retreating,' this means 'I'm regrouping and getting more troops to kill you,'" she said.

If you go back to 2017 you’ll see that the claim was that Trump was Putin’s puppet because he had something on him and was willing to do Putin’s bidding(pee pee tape). Now that has been disproven (after four years) the new claim becomes there are links everywhere you just need to see them.

You sound ridiculous. Everyone making this argument does. You’ve been fooled by CNN and the Democratic Party propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Con Vlad Putin

( didn't realise spell check made Freudian errors )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,512 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, this wouldn't be an example of a bad or unreliable debtor. It would be something much worse....a bunch of rotten thieves and crooks out to steal from former customers and suppliers.

• Advertisement

I’m not saying “we” can. They’re hardly turning into Clare Byrne Live, but I think there are wealthy and influential people in Russia who can be leaned on very hard.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

eskimohunt threadbanned for yet again scaremongering with his claims of inevitability of nuclear war

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Gotta love it when a country crowd sources its intelligence gathering:

Lol, ok, can't wait to see this "ruse" play out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

"The Kremlin is intentionally spreading outright lies that the United States and Ukraine are conducting chemical and biological weapons activities in Ukraine. We have also seen PRC officials echo these conspiracy theories," says @StateDeptSpox, mirroring White House language

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Already rounding up opposition, will likely stop people from 'deserting' the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

so victoria nuland admitted yesterday in a senate hearing that the US did in fact fund biolabs in ukraine...now is trying to turn the narrative around that russia could use what was found there as a chemical weapon....just what were the US funding and researching there?

The one thing I don’t really think makes sense is the notion that Putin can keep complete control of the narrative at home. He’s not achieving that as it is. It’s not the 1930s nor is Russia North Korea. It didn’t even have the level of media control that China has until very recently.

People have an expectation of being able to see the outside world. They’ve been cut off and will have noticed that very dramatically at this stage. Many have access to satellite TV, relations abroad, VPNs and all sorts of stuff.

One story about someone’s particularly naive relative in Siberia being brainwashed does not equate to all of Russian society.

At the influential end - finance, media, commercial, academia, even just people who pay attention to the world outside and small businesses who trade online and so on there has to be some kind of realisation that the entire world hasn’t some grand conspiracy to get them for no apparent reason and this must be wrong.

I don’t think Putin can hide behind propaganda for any considerable length of time. Nor can he realistically just preside over a dramatic collapse in living standards and sudden complete access to the outside world.

Russians also don’t have a history of blind trust in the government - they typically in my experience of ever talking to them don’t trust it at all because of the soviet history and tend to be a bit wary of the state at all times.

A lot of people have been very seriously impacted by this and I really can’t believe that they’ll all just fall into line with some line from Putin.

I mean, yes it’s an authoritarian state, but not a very effective one and it’s one where a lot of people have a strong expectation of a western like lifestyle and a fairly reasonable amount of personal freedom, even if they weren’t likely to critique the government.

Something has to give and very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So uh, do you remember, Chernobyl?

That entire region bordering Ukraine and Russia is still irradiated AF.

Suddenly, every biologist not accounted for is accused of making bioweapons? Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,512 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Incredibly, nobody was killed by the bomb that landed beside the maternity hospital in Mariupol - 17 people were injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭liamtech

They may have genuine concerns - i know the USIC spoke to Macron after his call(s) and the topic was Putin's mental state - definitely concerning

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

Comrades, the fog has been lifted from my eyes!

During the day, 5,460 people, including 1,125 children, were evacuated from danger zones in various districts of Ukraine, LNR and DNR without Kiev's participation, the Defense Ministry reports.

Russia appeals to international organizations and the ICRC to take measures to encourage Kiev to evacuate its citizens, the Russian Defence Ministry has said.

Currently, Ukrainian radicals continue to hold more than 4.5 million civilians hostage as "human shields.

In Mariupol, nationalists blew up a power line and tanks with fuel, without evacuating residents of nearby residential buildings, the Defense Ministry said.

The situation of citizens in Mariupol has reached catastrophic proportions as a result of the monstrous actions of the nationalists and the city administration.

Russia is closely observing the actions of the Ukrainian side by means of objective control, both on the ground and from the air, but not a single practical measure for the preparation of humanitarian columns has been undertaken so far, the Russian Defense Ministry reported.

No one has ever arrived at the open humanitarian corridors and no organized humanitarian convoys have been formed. The civilian population and foreign citizens in any of the settlements were not notified.

"The liberation process will go faster now, because we have already gone to the enemy's rear."

DNR People's Militia spokesman Eduard Basurin told Zvezda about the progress of the special operation in Ukraine.

"We are very active in forcing the Ukrainian military into peace and destroying all the enemy's firing points from which they are firing on the residential areas of our cities."

Unfortunately, several facts have come to light regarding the presence of conscripts in units of the Russian Armed Forces taking part in a special military operation in Ukraine. Almost all such servicemen have already been withdrawn to Russian territory, the Defense Ministry said.

At the same time, one of the units performing logistics tasks was attacked by a sabotage group of a national battalion. A number of servicemen, including conscripts, were captured.

At present, exhaustive measures are being taken to prevent the conscripts from being sent to the areas of combat operations and to release the captured servicemen.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Translations courtesy of https://www.deepl.com/translator

That Telegram channel is a goldmine of enlightenment. 🤥

Lucky people - Imagine the horror of returning to the clusterfuck that is the Motherland.

• Advertisement

If Putin has lost it, it just shows the extreme danger of any system that places that much unaccountable, unquestionable power in a single person. There's always the risk of someone going off the rails.

I think if I were in their position, I'd stay there!

If they go home, they will be free to visit the wondrous state of Belarus next year. and north korea after that

Vlad's cronies must have gotten some amount of abuse from the mommies of the conscripts for the Ministry of Defense to release this statement..

Unfortunately, several facts have come to light [1] regarding the presence of conscripts in units of the Russian Armed Forces taking part in a special military operation in Ukraine. Almost all such servicemen have already been withdrawn to Russian territory, the Defense Ministry said.

At the same time, one of the units performing logistics tasks was attacked by a sabotage group of a national battalion. [2] A number of servicemen, including conscripts, were captured.

At present, exhaustive measures are being taken to prevent the conscripts from being sent [3] to the areas of combat operations and to release the captured servicemen.

There's a factual beauty to the statements.

1. It's unfortunate for the Russian regime that an element of the truth has been revealed
    2. 'performing logistics tasks' is an obvious euphemism for 'looting' or 'chilling in a farm shed'
    3. 'exhaustive measures' - seeing as the conscripts are already in the area of combat operations, they can no longer be sent there and there is no need to prevent this from happening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

This is actually very reliable information - it's just that generally the complete opposite of it is what actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Hopefully something might come out of these talks because the country will be demolished and huge loss of life will be the result of a prolonged war . Poor as the Russian army has been they can surely throw some serious firepower and casualties will be huge . I don't know what the most Ukraine can hope for but they will pay a huge price if it continues .

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

God, I am f*cking disgusted by this guy. He is meant to be representing us at European level. No amount of roubles could make me tweet something so horrific

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Himself and Daly should travel themselves and show off their diplomatic skills off to the world and clean up all these wars .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement