Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Vanillas #1 technique to increase Boards aversion (and make you dizzy in the process):

1-Click on any Boards thread

2-Vanilla takes you to a random page in middle of thread and no matter how much you try to scroll down, Vanilla immediately scrolls back to the top of the page, repeatedly.

3- You must give up, close tab and close eyes to stop the Vertigo

Yup, works every time. Well done.

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

mobile or desk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

still no ability to delete posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,449 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Still no ability to delete posts.

Banner ad on mobile still sometimes blocking the comment text box.

Trying to correct/delete text in the comment box on mobile while composing a post jumps the page downwards, have to scroll back up to get the text line back in sight. Every. Single. Time.

Still getting sent to random places when you click on a thread in mobile - desktop a bit more predictable.

Mobile pages still jumping up and down occasionally.

Mobile site randomly occasionally saving a draft of post, despite also posting said post.

No bold/unbold on the main tabs pages in desktop.

On desktop, no ability to access threads beyond the first page on the main tabs.

Mobile/desktop operating completely differently, like they're totally separate websites.

They're just the things I can think of off the top of my head.

None of them individually make the site unusable, but they all are irritating, and add up to a fairly miserable user experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The page jumping on mobile seems to have returned. There is some conflict between the web address and Vanilla platform remembering your last position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,482 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Banner ad on mobile still sometimes blocking the comment text box.

I posted a comment this morning and I had to type the whole thing blind. Mobile is basically unusable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

There used to be functionality where you could search your own or other's posts sorted by most thanked. Or search a particular thread for a post by a user. Or lots of other search functionality that has been totally lost. I can just about search for my own past posts, but no way to sort them by date or most thanked or otherwise.

Is there any way to do this on the updated site, plans to enable it, or is the search functionality totally gimped forever?

It's a complete downgrade when it comes to search functionality as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

is search broken again ?

I used to be able to search for a particular forum - for example "films" and the film forum link would appear top of results, and then the messages with "films" in them - now I only get messages ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭con747

It's been over a month since anyone from Admin have posted here, the tumble weed post is reality now. Boards is what Boards is now....

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,051 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Niamh has been posting in the bugs/missing functionality thread and the points being mentioned here seem to be more suited to that thread

As a Site Administrator I have no powers to address any of the issues being raised. We only have Niamh to deal with those issues and she is already flat out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭con747

If this thread is no longer of use then close it off. People are asking Admin about issues they are having so direct them to the relevant thread. It has been 8 months since the changeover and I need say no more.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

In fairness, I haven't seen anything from @Boards.ie: Niamh in ages unless I've been unsubbed from that thread without my knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

this came back for a while now seems to be gone again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GATEWAY TIME-OUT

The web server reported a gateway time-out error.

• Ray ID: 6e878a0dce3488bf
    • Your IP address: 213.233.xxx.xxx
    • Error reference number: 504
    • Cloudflare Location: London

What happened?

The initial connection between Cloudflare's network and Vanilla timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Hi @JP Liz V1 I removed some of your IP address for your privacy. It can still be viewed by those with the appropriate permissions who may need to look into this.

-Shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Is there a way to delete media when you use the insert a media url

Don't see it

I just click on it to highlight it and hit the delete button.

Doesn't work I tried edit ,click ,long click

Is that the rubbish bin icon , that works on other stuff ya but not on media I've inserted myself

Edit> shortclick takes me to the link, long click does nothing

• Advertisement

I take it these web designers didn't win too many awards

Managed to design a site where you can't edit properly or delete and loads really slowly

Disclaimer: I don't know much about this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

When I put someone on ignore, does it stop my posts being visible to them also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Is it just me or is the top left burger menu not showing any sub forum drop downs (android, Chrome)?

Only a problem this morning. Was OK yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

@_Kaiser_ It's not just you, I have the same issue. Also Chrome on Android

Edit: The drop downs are still there just hidden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cheers.. You're right.. The drop down flag is hidden but if you click on the white space beside the parent menu it works.

I could rant about how broken this site still is after 8 months but what's the point?

Thanks for the confirmation/workaround though 😊

Is there a way to delete a post

I thought I seen an official post describing it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Are Read/Unread icons gone AWOL for anyone else (desktop)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭28064212

No

No, editing it and removing the text is the only workaround available (or send a PM to a mod and asking them to do it, but they're likely to want an actual reason, like that it has personal information in it)

The b-static.net domain has stopped working: https://b-static.net/www/i/sprite-threadbit.png. It has broken a number of image resources across the site

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Ya but editing not fully working , can't delete media url , anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Page loading on Destop is ridiculously slow recently too but in the last week it become a total joke all together.

It's click on link then go boil the kettle land.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement