Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Now 4-0 to Chelsea! Villa also 4-0 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

We are just 81 goals off Livepools goal difference. Another big push to bridge that gap please guys .

All jokes aside, no striker, no Premier league status for Leeds unfortunately. We need sombody to stick it into the net if we are to survive in this division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I think with the fixtures we have left and the defence we have after just 4 days of coaching we can win games with one or two goals instead of having to chase games from two down after 30 minutes.

To be honest, no matter who we were up against i always felt we needed two early on for the thought of a draw to even enter my mind.

Not every team has a Schmeichel on top form, that save from raph was an absolute "make yourself big and dive across the goal" if it hits him it hits him and it did. Pickford does it the whole time.

Post edited by Hijpo on

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

So no anti Radz or Orta chanting. Plenty of Marcelo Bielsa and a little Jesse Marsch at one point.

On the game, we looked good until Rodrigo went off. Koch was reasonably good defensively but offers nothing on the ball. Firpo’s passing was rank, we created enough to have won the game, really thought Firpo’s shot

was in. Harvey Barnes loves playing against us at this stage.

I think we’re goosed unfortunately, can’t see us beating Villa on Thursday. Plenty of their fans on the plane home tonight purring about the way they demolished Southampton.

At this point I genuinely think our only hope is that other teams are worse than we are. Can’t see us picking up another 12/13 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Yea, I think that is a fair enough assessment, we can beat Villa on Thursday I think, this new style will keep us in games, it’s just a matter of being clinical up front, Bamford on the bench was positive but the situation is a little odd, not sure what to make of his injury situation plus there is no guarantee he will just start banging them in, let’s be real, he tends to have a history of missing some clear chances.

I would like to see Gelhardt start up front, I think he is our best chance of being more clinical in tight games. If he could get 4 or 5 goals in the run in, it would be a game changer.

Philips back will work great in this system I think, I also believe Forshaw needs to start.

If I were to bet, I would bet we finish in 17th and as you say, that would be more down to the other teams below us sucking .

The argument against Bamford in this particular game is that all he was going to get was about 10-15m. Things were going well enough, apart from not being able to score. Even after the goal, match fit players were a better option. I would expect him to start or to get at least 45m on Thursday.

It shows a changing of the guard to his ways of doing things, a very important thing for a new coach IMO. Not sure what's wrong with the huddle. Plenty of other sports do it.

I understand it, just not a huge fan of it on the first game, If it works then great but it felt a little desperate to me but obviously not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Hopefully the players ands fans take to the new style of management, Americans can be a little bit overbearing at times.

It's clearly his thing. If it delivers enough points on the board most people won't care. There was plenty on the pitch to suggest some decent hope of that. Similar but different from Bielsa for sure but also looking more solid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

The team is in a rut and that was the best performance in quite some time. I’m sure that’s what was said in the huddle and encouraging them to keep their heads up.

Absolutely no harm in that in my opinion at all.

The problem when Gelhardt came on yesterday was that all the creativity Rodrigo had been bringing went off with him. To get the best out of Joffy I think Rodrigo needs to be on the pitch too.

Not sure where that leaves the rest of the formation but let’s see what Thursday brings.

Yeah it has to be Harrison or James that come off rather than Rodrigo. Most straightforward is probably a straight swap for James

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

I think James offers more off the ball than Harrison. But Harrison has more end product.

It's not a bad situation to be in tbh.

And when Bamford is back, from 4 attackers its probably him, Joffy, Raphinha and Rodrigo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Thank you Harry Kane and Co. Another 14 and our goal difference will be equal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Quite typical but at least with Bamford back and Joffy there it shouldn't impact too much

It’s probably a good thing to be honest, he has been useless

Yeah Roberts isn’t the biggest loss especially with Bamford coming back. He should hopefully be able to cover the Roberts shift on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

While Roberts is not up to the standard required, he puts in a big shift every time he comes on. He gives everything, despite knowing what many Leeds fans say about him online. Get well soon Tyler. ALAW.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You are absolutely correct, I've nothing against him personally and he always gives his best but I honestly think he's lower half Championship standard at best and should be moved on in the summer.

Hopefully it's not a bad or complicated injury though.

Can’t fault the lads effort at all in fairness.

Funny, but I always think Tyler looks better when he starts games,rather than getting thrown on when we are chasing a goal.

Still only 23/24 but don't think he has enough to make it in the top league.

Operation save-ass begins tonight.

I want to see each player putting in a shift at the very least.

There were at least 5 players who couldn't be bothered in recent games.

To be fair, they upped their game against Leicester but still no end product.

• Advertisement

Jesus I thought you were a day ahead there, thinking no the game is tomorrow. Love being a day behind.

But yeah, big game. Get a win and it's huge, lot of pressure on Burnley and Everton then. Hopefully gelhardt starts with Rodrigo, think it'd work well. Villa did batter Southampton at weekend though, bit out of nowhere so hopefully doesn't happen again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I thought I'd come into an alternative universe there. Roberts effort? I feel sorry for anyone getting injured, but putting in effort? Invariably needed 200 touches, and then lost the ball. And then watched the player running away with said ball. I do agree with poster who said he was better starting, he got into the game much better, took far too long to get to the pace as a sub.

I didn't see a great lot to be excited about at Leicester, TBH. Same mistakes, same lack of finishing. Leicester poor until they scored. Raph much more involved, but still playing Koch as DM, James up front and Dallas out of position is worrying. I'd love to see James and Harrison on the wings and Raph and Rodrigo or Joffy up front. just to shake up defences. Too predictable without Bamford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

The Leicester game was a big improvement - not 3-0 down at half-time for a start.

Two cup-finals in 4 days now, and we need 4 points minimum, but ideally 6. Definitely have to finish off Norwich's season as Chelsea should too much for them tonight.

I can't believe Wolves are coming into the game against Watford off a three defeats in a row run, but hopefully Lage resets that tonight.

Wolves are influencing relegation matters by playing Watford, then Everton and then Leeds! They should be aiming for 6 points in their next two games and then relaxing when Leeds come to town !!!!

For tonight, we only have to go back a month and a day to the 6 goal thriller. Dan James better not be hitting the crossbar at 1-0 up tonight.

We are a different team now to the team that gave Villa a game 5 weeks ago.

It's amazing how much getting pummelled five times in a row knocks the stuffing out of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Forshaw in for Klich

Presumably will still mean Koch in midfield, would rather Dallas myself

• Advertisement

Bamford will finally get some game time as well, says Marsch.

Would Forshaw and Dallas not make the 2 in front of defence? Koch and Ayling in their best positions? Although guess the logic was gone on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

ah no

I wonder would Meslier have stopped if it wasn’t for the deflection?

Haven’t got going at all tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Is there 3 worse teams ? That's all we can hope for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

To think people wanted rid of Bielsa. This is shocking. We still can't defend but we can no longer pass the ball or create chances.

This is resting all on the board, getting everything they deserve here

We have nothing up front with James and rodrigo. Of course Villa can sit and soak then push on, there is no threat for them to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

This is rubbish. Rodrigo, rubbish. James, rubbish. Koch, rubbish. Playing Dallas at right back, Ayling center back and Koch in midfield, rubbish. If you're going to play them please play them in their best position.

We're in big trouble, lose tonight and I really don't see us staying up, we're getting worse with each game. We need a miracle, hopefully Bamford and Gelhardt can come on and do something because what's currently out there look clueless.

Norwich and Watford losing by more than 1 tonight as well at least. Norwich will fancy their chances at the weekend though

We're slipping all the time first half and the sprinklers are on full blast at half time, wtf?

Very hard to see where a goal might come from. We’ve no one that frightens defences and no real creativity.

I’d agree with the suggestion above and stick on Bamford and Gelhardt.

Bamford on for Harrison. Harrison was woeful.

Mings play acting. We can expect that for the next 30 minutes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Very little showing for the ball forward. Firpo a couple of times has no pass on. 0-2. All over

Shocking from Firpo.

I know I'm in a stinker of a mood due to the scoreline but what does Koch offer in midfield? Absolutely nothing, just keeps wasting possession.

Could be worse, could have been 2 nil in the first 25 minutes.

I take it back.... f**k this sh**

• Advertisement

Making Villa look like Brazil now. I don't see this as better than what’s gone before, just Villa are no Liverpool or City

Advertisement