Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Yay for a snug Alfie and the return of the bones.

I am just finishing work, been one of them busy kinda days. It's cold here too. Have to put on the heating so my fingers won't seize up with the cold and am snuggled under a blanket.

Gonna have some salad and the lovely fresh crusty bread I bought earlier for dinner coz can't be arsed with cooking. Had some traditional Albanian potato stew and vegetables for lunch when was in town to do the grocery shop and to suss out a hotel where I might be running a writers' boot camp. But it wasn't the nicest food and now think there may have been some allergen cross-contamination as my tummy feels bubbly. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'll be honest and say there's times I'm a bit Morto..... wouldn't be an Elton John fan and unless you knew it was in a kids movie you would think .."this one must listen to Elton John an awful lot".....U2 is abit more acceptable.

Though you have to laugh at the total gusto he puts behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had one of those days where I absolutely fooking nailed it work wise. Not for the first time, but the first in over two years. While I work alone at the tech desk and often get distractions like the weather outside or Mrs G asking what I want for lunch, it's still a very intensive experience that I enjoy. However (there is always a however) I get sick and tired of not being appreciated. It was this lack of appreciation that drove me towards London two years ago. Covering lazy fookers. Covering talentless fookers. Covering panicky fookers. Corporate BS and nepotism. It never ends. There are assholes in every industry, but the assholes in my creative industry have a special place in the asshole academy.

How I miss the short spell in London working. It was tough and hardcore but appreciated and always ended with beer and curry in Brick lane or a homemade job in the apartment. I'm on the hunt to get back. Stay cool all. As I said before we gotta enjoy life.

On the road shooting this weekend but its weather dependent. If I reach the destination and its rained off, I get paid. I hope it pisses down. Fook em!😁

Ah now , I think I'd rather be singing along to an upbeat song by Elton John than one by em, hmmmm, do U2 actually have any fun upbeat songs?!😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

@[Deleted User] Is this you 😄😄🍷

I’ll just leave this here 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@Autosport I said if you're going to be at my door at least bring tea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside horizontal, very tired after two very busy days with work but a later start tomorrow so not too bad. Absolutely rotten weather today.

OH has very bad stomach cramps and bloating (it's a condition he's had for a while) and he went to bed early as he was in quite a bit of pain. When he's not well he gets very crabby and difficult and despite trying to help him earlier and make him more comfortable, he was in rotten form so a good sleep will do him well. 🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting onboard my second flight of the day, or should I say night :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a headache

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Wife wants to have a look in the shops. So I'm showered and heading in shortly. I better get something out of this!.

Surely you got a pint for your effort Grem....my friend is going for 2 later,it's almost the weekend. 😉🍺

I got my residency papers for Albania today so am celebrating with a delicious meal in one of the best restaurants here.

It's roast veg with a yum balsamic dressing, some chips with oregano and a spicy feta. It came with bread but I couldn't eat it. Too much. Then owner gave me a slice of orange cake and some fruit for dessert. All this and a can of come for €8!

Now have to somehow get myself out of the chair and home to do another bit of work.

What on earth is a “can of come”?

Ha ha...typo...can of coke. My taxi text saying "come" as I wrote this..😂😂😂

A typo! 😁

Desperately trying to ration the oil in the tank. Hours have been cut. A 25 litre drum is around 32 quid locally. I may grab some for a top up. Stuck 40 quids worth of diesel in the car to cover my work trip tomorrow. Just over 20 litres. Local shops out of logs for the fire. Cut to the bone and all this before food price increases. Keep on smiling if you can.😂

• Advertisement

Have you ever looked up LumberFuels in Ballyfin G? I think they're on FB , although I usually just ring them . Very good value on firewood, and basically whatever amount of money you wish to spend big or small is not a problem. They also do kindling, coal , and Waxies (better than any firelighters) .

Now I'm wondering if they'd pay me in firewood for pimping their services 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

Cheers Mam. I'll look them up when work is done.

No problem G , might not be of use but worth a look . It's actually Lumber Wood Fuels, sorry 🙈🙈

Had completely forgotten now tiring long flights were, I feel like a walking zombie. Anyway car show time. Happy Friday.

Looking forward to pictures Smurfjed

G I'm sorry to hear that, if there's anything I can do just shout.

Still giggling over the can of come....

Someone doesn’t want to get up and go to work 😄😄 or leave his bed

I know that the VIPER is fast but never thought that it was fast enough to require a drag chute.

The Jeep is a Chinese Wrangler.

A long day at work. A wet one too. Getting treated before the drive home.

• Advertisement

I'm having a little tipple, heading out to a lovely restaurant tomorrow evening but I'll be home early, just can't do it anymore, working late Wednesday and heading to my friends house for dinner afterwards, looking forward to it all but the effort ☺️☺️. Lots of plans for next weekend but early mornings included, time will tell.☺️

Advertisement