Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Bayonet

Indeed. It's becoming quite the axis of pricks forming on the Russian side. My only caveat with Iran joining is that they would quite enjoy Russia being out of Syria, it would give them more freedom to entrench themselves against Israel's border which is one of Iran's top priorities. Russia keeps a lid on their operations in Syria. But all in all, Russia is an important ally for Iran and I think they'll send forces if Russia deems it necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭HerrKuehn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Can't afford to have any more Russians dying can he?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

And Assad etc couldn't get this type of equipment to these guys anyway... what's stopping him - his well known conscience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

Lukashenko looked visibly distressed in the latest party piece.

"Even after 1990, sanctions from the time of the Soviet Union persisted against Russia, and then have passed into modern times": Putin, in a conversation with Lukashenko, called Western restrictions a time of opportunity to strengthen the technological sovereignty of the Russian Federation.

Putin is normalizing the idea of sanctions and I'm not sure what to make of 'technological sovereignty', perhaps it's something along the lines of "All your base are belong to us".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't think they ever gave much of a toss about Western optics where the objective of Ukraine is concerned, but they do have to be at least somewhat careful what they say to Western media lest it filter back home.

The problem Russia has, here, is time. Russia is blatantly lying to its people about the nature of the war its waging by describing it as a special military operation to protect the Donbass. The longer Russia has to wage its war to take Ukraine, the longer the Russian public has to cop what's really happening. The harder sanctions bite, the more young people in the cities ask themselves, 'WTF?', and, maybe more significantly for Putin, the more his circle of oligarchs turn against him.

We can probably all agree that Russia is going to seriously struggle to hold Ukraine long-term and an effort to do so will be Putin's ruination, but I'm talking about even in the conventional military phase of the ongoing war. The Russians look like they're gearing up for a punishing attrition approach to things. It's a barbaric sight to be witnessing in 21st century Europe, devoid of sympathy and sophistication. Every tower block shelled just makes it seem crueller and crueller. It would look up from its savage beating of Ukraine to see the international community won't look Russia in the eye. It is then a total pariah.

In more normal times seeing a pretend tough guy like Luka come up against an actual psychopath would be funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

An American journalist interviewing and American journalist tttds (time to Trump Derangement Syndrome) roughly 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Swedish Airforce are really stepping up their intelligence gathering of Kaliningrad at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

We do though. The same as yesterday day and the day before. Your claiming this information is from Twitter. It's not. It's coming from EU and US Intelligence.

Yesterday you put up an unverified graph of Russians military might with all sorts of lovely numbers and equipment. Today we have reports Putins looking to pull Syrian troops in.

And yesterday evening we hear reports from Japan that Russian forces are being pulled from various islands over that side to bolster numbers.

The real truth is obvious he's throwing the kitchen sink at it because they are getting their arse handed to them.

You only have to join all of the dots together from the multitude of sources rather than pretend it's solely Ukrainian Twitter sphere.

That seems to be a continued theme that the Russians are on a blackout and running a masterclass in volume tactics.

Theres no real evidence to back that up. If there is please I'm all ears. Both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

I agree with some of that to an extent but the facts still remain Russia wasn't there to control roads they were there for a quick victory and have completely failed in that regards there military capabilities have been completely shown up they are boarderline embarrassing. If the Russians were having any such success they would be broadcasting it to the high heavens.

Supply is key to a Ukrainian victory, if they get completely cut off from the west its gonna be tough, but I think the will of the Ukrainian people is being drastically underestimated here they will literally fight to the man what ever putin takes he will never hold.

You should check out "Winter on Fire" on Netflix great documentary about the Ukraine in 2014 and a good insight into how resilient a people they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Crocodile Booze

Looks like an African version of a traveller shite in a bucket call-out vid. Cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

@Talisman

Putin is normalizing the idea of sanctions and I'm not sure what to make of 'technological sovereignty'

Looks like this,

Lukashenko: "I'll show you from where the attack on Belarus was being prepared. And if there had not been a preemptive strike six hours before the operation, they would have attacked our troops, Belarusian and Russian, who were on training exercises."

It's a real propaganda piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I wonder if lushenko is considering his military future in the Russian army

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If you turn on auto captions with translate on the video you get

"Zelenksyy, I bate you over beyont in Athlone, me father bate your father down the main street of Tuam. It's costing me too much to steep me hands in secret petteredol now because of you ya junkies bastard ya. You've been sh1te'ing in a bucket for two weeks. Come out an' fight me. We have the fair play men ready"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

She's Russian. I'd say you were a pleasure to teach at school. "Does not read or fully comprehend the question" was undoubtedly a common comment at your parent-teacher meeting.

Did you even watch the piece?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Shame on you, I think he just wet himself.

"If Ireland gets involved in some way, we risk Dublin being bombed by the Russian army.

Whilst it's terrible what's going on, countries will be selfish and look out for their own citizens first.

Yes completely stay out of it. We're a small country at the edge of Europe that no one really gives a toss about.

Let's stay that way."

I cant be the only one who blanks reading a post once I see someone using the phrase Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Like when I see someone post Woke as a pejorative... It's just, Whoosh. The post might as well not exist.

Anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

He'd be safe from Ukrainian snipers. They'd leave him alive so that he could undermine the Russian invasion from within with his ineptitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Maybe there's some different signfigance to Russians but to me it looks like he knows they're bullshitting him in private so he's hauling them in front of the cameras to make them do it in public. Giving himself plausible deniability and setting up scapegoats for when it all goes south

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Eight, reportedly. Add those offed by the Ukrainians and his forces will soon be being directed by the tea lady if he keeps this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Surely the Russian people have access to the internet, and know full well what is going on? I haven't heard Russia blocks internet access like China does?

In any case, I wouldn't let the Russian people completely off the hook. The idea that the Russian people are all subjugated and would just love to overthrow Putin doesn't ring true to me.

The Russian people are complicit in this war. Make no mistake about that.

And I think they should be held to account when this is over, by whatever way we can hold them to account.

I wonder if they were asking for their weapons back or telling Mali that the Wagner boys are needed elsewhere.

Russian Deputy Defense Minister Fomin met with the Minister of Defense of the Republic of Mali and discussed in detail existing cooperation projects in the defense sphere, as well as issues of regional security in West Africa.

Fomin also noted the importance of Russian-Mali cooperation and confirmed the readiness of the Russian Defense Ministry to continue the constructive dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Botrys

Here we go

That's Iran playing their part, especially after it was announced yesterday that the Nuclear deal seems to be a no-go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

We don't want that, she'd probably make a better fist of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement