Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

It is the Executive 58kWh, but there was I think about 25 versions on their system (Not on line). Each model is called something different in various countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

Hi all

Enyaq 60iv was due in July having been ordered in October and now put back at least 12 weeks and likely that’s likely to grow. Can get a Ioniq 5 Executive plus in 4 weeks. Would you wait for a highly possible 2023 Enyaq or go with the Ioniq. Currently do 800kms a week - 3 young kids and 2 dogs.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

Just completed my longest trip today, Co.Cork to Co. Tyrone ,468 km most of which was on motorway

I managed to do it with a single 30 minute charge stop at junction 14 , arriving at my destination with 9% remaining .

This is a trip I do a couple of times a year so it was great to be able to complete it with just a single stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Speaking from experience an ev in the hand beats an "proposed" delivery date on another. I would think the Enyaq might be delayed further as VW group seems to be impacted by parts from Ukraine. They've shut down production on PHEV's I'd say there's a knock on also on EV's.

Size wise you'll have loads, put a booth liner in mine today. But one bit of advice if your putting the dogs in it may want to get a divider for the booth. The separators with pulls out won't stop much.

But also understand your posting on an ionic 5 thread so there will be bias 😉.

P.s I do similar milage to you but have charger at home and work so no range anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭eltoastero

How did you find the charging infrastructure when you got to Tyrone? On my last visit I found a surprising number of the 22kw (i.e. 11kw) AC chargers in use so had to go late at night to get a top up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

There is nothing here but 22kW chargers.

Currently charging with the granny cable at the inlaws.

Received my grant of €600 from SEAI today, 36 days after posting off the forms. A great deal faster than the 42-56 days they state is the expected turnaround from receipt of the forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭creedp

Hope they wont charge you 'an over stay your welcome fee'!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My mate went looking today.

garage can get him a white one in the next 2 weeks. But seemly July if he can wait he can have whatever spec or colour he wants.

so must be a shipment due.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

I was in the dealership in Limerick today, asking about the premium plus. They were tentative about June/July shipment but couldn’t guarantee anything. They wouldn’t quote price or take deposits until around May when they know how many they will be allocated.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Lovely looking cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Sent my documents in on February 11th. Got all the paperwork back on 4th March cos the electrician forgot to fill in the installation date on one part of the cert 3, even though every other form in the pack was dated correctly. Very frustrating to be back at the bottom of the pile again over something so small.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sprite0

I have a question on interior trim colours. Do you have a choice on the trim or is it fixed based on the exterior colour. Love the galactic grey but this seems to only have the light grey (almost white) leather interior. Not sure how this will look after a few years. Anyone have a galactic grey in Premium spec with black interior ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Interior colour is fixed based on exterior colour. Darker paints gets white grey leather in Premium.

No custom orders AFAIK, Hyundai Ireland get allocated stock at fixed trim spec and that's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

While that's a bit of a pain, I think it's working to our benefit here in ireland. The UK (Where they can customise an awful lot more) seems to have insane lead times on the I5.

Here in Ireland, where all you get to pick is exterior colour within the predefined spec, and the supply seems quite a bit more plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sprite0

My PCP is up in July on my Skoda Kodiaq and seriously considering making the jump to full electric. Had a test drive in the Ionic 5 last week and was impressed. Dealer said there should be no problem getting stock for July in any colour or spec. Drove the Enyaq also but was told next January realistically before stock is available. Pound for pound though the Ionic seems the better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Can't believe the number of Ioniq 5's out there when I went for a bit of a spin on the bike yesterday. They are literally everywhere, and some handsome looking car if I may say so. Congrats to all current and future owners.

• Advertisement

Impressive how well Hyundai are servicing the Irish market. Over 800 in two months this year. Twice as many as any other EV.

Even better when compared to other countries, 989 cars sold in the registered in U.S in January and over 400 in Ireland in Jan. Australia seems to be getting small numbers. We seem to be getting similar allocations as scandanavian countries which have massive ev sales.

There seems also to be continued deliveries march and April also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I wonder how their sales will go once there's no component issues or delays. ID.3/4 sold pretty good numbers last year, I'm sure there's plenty more EV sales for those who are fond of Hyundai/Kia and are holding out.

Hyundai has a very good record in Ireland in SUV's where Ioniq 5 fits. VW kinda dose it more on the no. of models they sell. Also ioniq 5 has won award after award so is bound to sell.

VW have big exposure in relation wiring connectors supplied from Ukraine now. I would think Hyundai would be less effected with suppliers from Asia (of course not immune especially if COVID lockdowns start kicking off there again).

Can only hope that the war will stop in Ukraine firstly for the Ukrainians. But again what happened again on petrol and diesel prices I think will accelerate EV adoption even more (if the economy doesn't tank).

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Hi, does anyone have any shipping updates on the next delivery from Korea? We placed order in Feb, dealer was pretty confident of April delivery...Premium Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

According to Facebook Ioniq 5 group, well known dealer in Kildare says Premium & Plus models are expected May/June.

It looks like the April shipment will only have Premium LE spec & lower available.

I also have Premium Plus on order since January.

Post edited by ongarite on

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

The Grand Uranus left Korea on the 4th March and departed Singapore on the 10th it is currently on route to Suez Canal (eta 22nd ) and is scheduled to dock in Cork on 30th March. The Asian Empire and the Morning Lily are also on route to Europe but as far as I can see they are not due to dock in Ireland. I have now received a vin & mid April delivery (ordered 1st Dec) but dealer can not say for certain how its getting here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hi all, looking into picking up one of these as they look great and come well recommended.

two questions..

1. how much would it cost to get the proper charging setup in place at home and is that covered partly under the €600 grant I saw mentioned on this thread?
    2. the various charging points you’d see at petrol stations, would these work for all EVs for only specific ones? In other words, can Ionic 5 use these

thanks!

Average cost for purchase and installation is around €1100 - €1200. The grant, as long as everything is in order, is €600 and takes anything between 5 and 8 weeks after application to be paid into your bank account.

Other than Tesla chargers, which may eventually become available to all, the many ESB and other suppliers public chargers will work with the Ioniq 5.

I've been experimenting with different methods of heating and ventilation in my Premium Plus. Using the voice commands to access both heating and air conditioning I've found it easier to access the systems hat way when on the move and, interestingly, using air conditioning not only gives a more pleasant and balanced delivery of heating, and I presume cooling as it hasn't yet got above 13 degrees in Kerry, but the drop in range when heating the car using air conditioning is significantly less.

Using the heating system on the fresh air setting to a temperature of 21.5 degrees with the fan on speed setting 1 would show a drop of between 7 and 12 kms depending on the base temperature. This might improve by a kilometre or so as the car warmed. Using the air conditioning to the same settings has consistently showed a drop in range of only 3 kms with no change as the car warmed.

I've no idea why this should be and will continue to monitor the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Hi, I have the ex + version, I was wondering if it's possible to get the boot to open with the key fob button and the auto door handle to pop out function? Cheers

Advertisement