Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

One thing in Kyiv's favour is that there appears to be far more defenders than attackers. It will definitely be the hardest city in all of Ukraine for the Russians to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,335 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Even without upping the ante tactically, the current approach of surrounding and strangling Ukraine's main cities is almost guaranteed to prevail in the end if the Russians are willing to throw enough men and material at it. Ukrainian forces in the wider country will launch hit and run and raids on the besiegers but they can never hope to lift the sieges without direct foreign assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Anyone having simultaneous issues with both Virgin Media Wifi and Vodafone Data in the past few moments?

Strange

Russia appear now to be launching attacks in the east near the polish border in order to cut off the Ukrainians ability to resupply with incoming weapons. If they succeed then they are practically guaranteed to win the fight as Ukraine has now lost access to its coastline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

While this may be the common thought, I think the capacity of the outside world to re supply Ukraine would surprise many.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

.@USTreasury's new sanctions further isolates the severely damaged Russian economy by prohibiting trade in products that are key to the economic and financial interests of all Russian elites" per @SecYellen

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Welcome to the nazi party. Come on in. Free beers on the left, retarted thinking on the right. You should fit right in. In case subtlety passes you by and I suspect it does, and on a daily basis; If you think like this, you are a fúcking ignorant moron. And you and your ilk need to be called out on it and your call to more bigotry.

And no, do not delete this. I'll take any "warnings" going. If you let idiocy and blind bigotry like this go, or delete it because it's convenient and easier to hide it away, then you're complicit in not shining a light on dangerous nonsense like this.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

Boards is an open forum. Of coarse it is being monitored.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,957 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It feels like the twilight zone. I think the normalization of what is going in is beginning.

The one positive thing about the Facebook story is it seems no matter what side you are on. People are opposed to the idea so at least we can be united in our hate of Meta/Facebook

BREAKING: Housing place of foreign mercenaries that came to fight into Ukraine was destroyed by Russian missiles in Chernigov

Pictures and text taken from Telegram group.

Also from earlier in the day.

Airborne units of the Russian Federation in the vicinity of Kiev. The long convoy seems to have split into smaller units now and dispersed into different directions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I must have missed the news, has Odesa fallen?

Last report I heard was the supply convoys from the west through Poland have not being targeted, you got a link for them being attacked?

Just one more interesting video for today.

Russian military ZALA UAV captures destruction of the base of the self proclaimed Neo-Nazi Azov Battalion in Mariupol, the National Guard of Ukraine, along with personal vehicles and military equipment. As you can see, contrary to what the mainstream media tells you -- the Ukrainian Armed Forces are hiding among civilian infrastructure. You can observe secondary explosions which prove the presence of ammunition/weapons storage hidden in civilian neighborhoods; in addition to the countless photos and videos of Ukrainian military fortifications in apartment buildings, schools, kindergartens, etc.

Source ABS news Telegram group.

And part one and two. Sorry, can't delete the link to the video above here on mobile.

Is briefing tiktok users the same as propaganda though?

Are the tiktok users told to say this or that or face prison or falling out a window onto a knife?

Are the tiktok users for the war but being forced by the US to be against it?

The two situations are completely different.

You could say Sky News is censoring the war and be factually correct (there's some editor deciding not to show some gruesome footage)

RT is censoring the 'special military operation', you think it's the same as the likes of Sky News?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

Monitored for what? Public opinion? Trolls aside, public opinion is fairly anti-Russia at this point. Intel? All our sources are second hand, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It certainly hasn't. CNN had their reporter on live from there only a few minutes ago.

My prolifically posting friend, you are totally deluded.

I am 100 percent Irish, from generations back. The way you claim I am 'no more Irish' than your imported shoes is a trait you really should be embarrassed of. It really is. It's poor form.

To be straight about it, you are WRONG.

And the fact you have 30,000 plus posts would make me wonder who exactly is the social media schill here.

These **** idiots calling anyone who doesn't toe the "All Russians are Bad" line need to be called out for their hysterical bullshit.

I did read an anecdotal account of someone who was threatened by HR at their company and he's receiving the cold shoulder for being as they put it anti-war against Russia.

Also, Russia today and other Russian news outlets have been banned from YouTube. I know it's not as bad as what Russians are facing, but we should still here in the West the so-called free world aspire to be better by not cancelling information even if we may see it as false.

Even the suggestion of people being told what to say and think by the US government just doesn't sit well with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

Tasty spam doesn't just come in a tin...

Millions are about to know the truth. Every little helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You talk exactly like an Irish person from generations back.

I'm so sorry I thought you were a non Irish shill.

You have convinced me with you local parlance.

And it's 'shill'

You are wrong.

And you're embarrassing yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yes I am embarrassed.

So much embarrassed.

Many many embarrassed.

Times.

Anecdotal evidence means crap.

On RT, It's not information, it's propaganda. If you think it's information, you're seriously deluded.

It's almost akin to hate speech it's so disconnected from reality.

Told what to say..... suggested what to say..... or forced what to say? All 3 are different

What did the paywalled article actually say? What did the White House say? The heading states they were briefed..... big difference there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

BREAKING: Housing place of foreign mercenaries that came to fight into Ukraine was destroyed by Russian missiles in Chernigov

Pictures and text taken from Telegram group.

What's with the pro Russian news dumps?

Maybe give a proper source before supplying text from badly translated "Telegram groups"

According to independent international news reports Russian fcukers have been bombing the city of Chernigov with many residential buildings being deliberately targeted for several days now. Unverified reports that a building housing volunteers fighting the same Russian fcukers has been bombed is really not particularly credible eitherway

Some people have 30k post of never talking about the issue and just taunting other posters who talk about the issue

Dundalk, Co. Louth

You really should be. Claiming a poster isn't Irish because you don't agree with their standpoint.

Yeah, you really should be embarrassed about that. How ridiculous is that???

"Some people have 30k post of never talking about the issue and just taunting other posters who talk about the issue"

Im not sure how they get away with it!

Dundalk, Co. Louth

Just to make it abundantly clear, I don't in any way support the war and despite multiple false accusations, I'm not a Russian shill and I believe people should examine multiple sources before making up their mind. But if you wish to just see the pro-Ukrainian side that we are getting over here in the west then by all means ignore the pictures and videos that I have shared or put me on ignore.

Does anybody hear deny that Ukrainian forces are in cities and towns? I think it's abundantly obvious from evidence available. They are taking up positions in towns and cities. Surprisingly, I don't think I have seen any pictures or videos of Ukrainian convoys. They seem to be using the strategy of using towns and cities and then luring the Russian forces in. Also they are using, hit and run attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Da fuq? Whats that? The twitter account of a oneman wing of the Russian ministry of fcuking propaganda?

Not only can you/they supposedly personally identity Ukrainian military units from remote aerial footage, but also you/they are surprised that

Ukrainian Armed Forces are hiding among civilian infrastructure in Mariupol

No **** sherlock. The Ukrainian armed forces are defending the city of Mariupol from the invading Russian Army and you reckon it's surprising that they have to fight for their city and country "among civilian infrastructure"?

What fcuking planet are you living on?

everybody new on here is a Russian shill it seems until they prove themselves to the doubters on here by posting what the doubters want to see, and this approval is always subject to revocation

sic

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭redarmy

Ukraine's General Staff said that at least six Russian Tu-95MS strategic bombers launched at least ten cruise missiles (presumably Kh-101) that struck Lutsk, Dnipro, and Ivano-Frankivsk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement