Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Apprentice 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That was hilariously bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This must be one of the weakest line ups for the final ever on the Apprentice, none of them have much about them except waffle on regretting their mistakes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

To be fair to them I actually didn't see the 'First time dies' either, but once it was pointed out I couldn't unsee it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Same but if it was physically in front of us, we'd surely have spotted it. Even ignoring that, the label design on the jar was horrific

It seems a bit mad Aaron was fired due to his inability to make baby food. Having a team of just 3 and having one member spending all their time in the kitchen is nonsensical

Katherine has done **** all to get to the final. Can't see her making the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Very funny when the babies spat out the baby food. It must have been awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭positron

I haven't been watching the show, but caught some of that last night - Harpreet is going to win it clearly. She's not exceptional, but compared to others, she's miles ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah Harpreet should win it by default. I forget the blonde girls name who came up with the First Time to Die logo but it was a joke she wasnt fired for that. She went o about how strong she was with branding yet then came up with that awful logo. The other team werent much better and only had 5 minutes to come up with their packaging as their time management was so bad. Aaron did seem to be a fall guy but he couldnt come up with something that was even edible, had it been they probably would have gotten some sort of order and won the task. None of them really stand out this year, Id say Sugar isnt that keen on giving any of them £250k.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭B2021M

Isn't the whole season recorded before broadcast so how would they know the ratings? Or do you mean they keep people in who they believe will produce high ratings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Beginning to think alot of this is set up......we're to believe not one could see the word 'DIES' highlighted on a baby food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭highball14

I was always think it’s unfair when someone is fired for not being good at something non business related. Someone who would come up with the worst baby food recipe could 100% still be an outstanding business person.

Harpreet is by far the best candidate but from here on (the final four) it all comes down to who has the best business idea.

She isn't likeable at all, but best of a bad lot i suppose. I would say she would fall out with staff quite often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Very poor group this year, nobody really standing out.

They were trying to be overly PC in my opinion!

It's too long a series I think at this stage! Eight or maybe ten weeks is more than enough.

Same old scenarios being played out! I have it recorded but find myself skipping large parts

of it to get to the finale in the boardroom. I'm finding it just boring now!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Imagine what the likes of Ruth Badger would look like if they were in with these guys.

The project manager staying in the kitchen was a terrible decision, really bad. Surprised more wasn’t made of that.

There is normally one or two I really take each year to but nobody this year stood out to me.

Another issue I don’t know what is happening to the men on the show but they were brutal this year.

• Advertisement
    M

Just a heads up for anyone just watching on a Thursday, there's a "The Final Four" episode on BBC1 Tuesday night at 10:35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is that the "recap" episode? I assume so.

M

I think it goes through their time on the show along with detailing what their business idea is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

There must be some clause working in Sugars favour for the show where he doesnt have to invest anything in the winner because with whats on show this year he's about to throw away a serious wedge of cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

He makes a profit on the show you can be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Catherine to win it, she is Hot.

Brittany is the hottest candidate this year. Also somehow Nick has managed to pull her, apparently they’re together now. Harpreet isn’t too bad on the eye either.

I would put those 2 together, both are posho’s. I can imagine both are part of the made in Chelsea scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

I think Lord Sugar was over-simplifying how easy it should be to create the baby food recipe.

Also, while the ‘dies’ label was brutal, if the retailer really liked the taste profile of the baby food surely they would have placed an order on the basis that the labelling was changed.

none of the retailers asked about salt content, shelf life etc..

I have to remind myself that this is a tv show 😆

If we are talking looks its a toss off (oops!) between Kathryn and Harpreet then Brittany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

That blondie ones business plan kind of puts the idea to bed of Sugar only sacking people who's business he didn't fancy ...

'matching pyjamas for the whole family including the dog' ......😂 reminded me of Billy Connollys big slipper gag

Could be ethe other ones were even more fanciful

Not particularly they all got a mention on the you're fired show.............this sounds by far the most daft

• Advertisement

Ah they were all I want to expand my dog walking business and things like that that weren’t particularly scaleable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭NATLOR

If these were the best plans left, how bad were the others ones!

4 stupid business ideas. These 4 will be influencers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

I knew that once the protein filled vodka idea was gone that the dessert lady would be in the final. They'd never had gone for two clothes-based ideas even though they were very different.

Honestly I had kinda stopped watching this a few years ago and probably only started this year because I caught the first episode and the time suited us, I really enjoyed the season but my jaysus they were terrible candidates. Really bad, no one really stood out at all for me. It’s getting more like the Mitchell and Webb sketch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,600 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Did none of them think of getting anyone with a business head, or a bank manager or an MBA to help with their business plan? Saw bit of Dragon's Den earlier, and this lot wouldn't even be let into the lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Absolutely, the quality of candidates is worse each season. This year's were shockingly bad. Any other season and Akeem would have gone in week 1 or 2, this year he was a step from interviews!!

It's still entertaining but the competitive/business/realistic side of it has been dropped for a Love Island style take on it.

M

The business plans were incredibly poor, ideas poor. How could Kathryn not have registered the domain name for hers already? So much better candidates in every other season.

Gun to my head of the 2 left I'd go with Hartpreets as possibly able to get a brand up and running now with cheap commercial property to rent with the current downturn but with her sister a 50% owner it's a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So he is throwing £250 k at either a cake shop or selling pyjamas

Back in the early years of The Apprentice these two wouldn't have made it past the selection process.

Kathryn was the hottest woman on it this year I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,600 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Stephanie's idea was vaguely innovative, if she could find a way to get the authentication done online. There was nothing unique or unusual about any of the other businesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It was the best episode so far. Harpreet is the only credible candidate but she has her own complications

The other 3 were farcical, Jessica didn't even have a business plan. Some joke of a show

M

It's a pity the full business plans of each of the other 8 are not available to view this see how suitable they were.

Don’t really see the love island style of it, what do you mean? The candidates are definitely worse but I’m not sure why they are.

I doubt your’man wuda given away the web address for free to a fella, he only did it cos she is a very pretty young lady.

It’s a tv show, researchers did that and the producers decided what to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The name MyEverydayPyjamas and the fact that she hadn't claimed it was far less of a 'gotcha' than Mike Soutar seemed to think. It's not as if the name actually matters that much in the first place (OurEverydayPyjamas is far closer to her usp) but regardless there will still be multiple variations of it unclaimed. It's not as if any customers will be typing it in at the URL bar anyway - people use search engines so it's far more important to have SEO working regardless of the URL.

Dare I say I also think posters expect a bit too much from these business plans? If it was an already thriving and easily scale-able business, or a really clever innovative idea that looked likely to succeed, then it's unlikely that they would go on this programme. Dragons Den if you really wanted to go on TV, but more likely the venture capital route.

Anyone who goes on this programme is almost certainly going to be pitching a very small and struggling operation with existing flaws, or an idea that needs a huge amount of work.

I think at this stage people that go on this are pushing themselves as the product. I’d wonder how many past winners are thriving in the business they pushed. Didn’t the earlier seasons used to lead to jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

By far the weakest season I’ve ever watched but have to say the last 2 episodes were brilliant.

would like to see them try get higher quality candidates next year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Every year people say the candidates are getting dumber etc but the reality is that every year has idiots and good candidates.

Think the women in the final are smart intelligent and confident young women, the business plans are what's holding them back yet we don't want to see digital marketing plans and the like every year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Great episode but my word, what an uninspiring collection of business plans (some of which were even a stretch to call them that).

Harpreet had the only viable option but the ownership issue is enormous and something that would have had her fired years ago when there were stronger plans in running.

The fact that the final is no longer given the premium Sunday night airing says an awful lot about where the series is these days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement