Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Just a quick one, I had a hybrid before the ID4 and the regular We Connect app had a lot more features than the We Connect ID App. Am i missing something I used to be able to see that the car was locked, doors closed simple things like that.

Really enjoying the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah they're missing a good few features in the We Connect ID app. Apparently when software 3.0 lands sometime this year then we'll get more functions in the app like car location, doors/windows open and close and even maybe starting the car, although there was something about extra authentication needed for that

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RDRourke

Picked up my GTX Business yesterday. Just a phenomenal car.

Looks fantastic, the red is a great colour!

Enjoy the new car!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 oconnelleoin

Had a fun issue with mine (non GTX) that the front sensors would trigger randomly on their own, turned out the licence plate holder on the front was blocking the two middle ones and if it moved at all would trigger the packing sensors. Quite simple to fix by getting rid of the holder, just noticed yours hangs down a little

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

Happened on my last new car too - drove back to the garage that day and they moved the plate. V confusing at first :)

Thanks for pointing that out. Haven’t noticed anything so far. I just checked and there’s only sensors either side of the plate. Hopefully there’s enough of a gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Congrats, exact same as that on order. Well wear and keep us posted as you go

Cheers declan123. Will do.

Nice one. You won’t be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ryso

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

one boat is due on the 15th(that’s already left) , that visits about every 2 weeks. So say the 29th. Seems to be going slower than normal , maybe preserving fuel or with the factory shutdown they are in no rush

the second beat they use is tied up in a different German port since the 26th of Feb, that normally serves Ireland, might be an issue. But the port it’s in seems to do BMW and other Non electric VAG. So no idea if that’ll be back in play

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Dave Barry

Next boat is due to dock in Cork on 21st Feb. The Parana was in Bremerhaven so I’d say it was there for repairs alright. Let’s hope they fill the Parana with Irish cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hopefully they aren’t going to use it to replace the one damaged by fire…,

what boat is being used for cork on the 21st March ( as opposed to Feb)

im out of the country with work from the 19th till April. I’m worried Wifey will collect it and not give it a full inspection!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ryso

What’s the issue with these cars not being loaded? Car sitting there for 5 weeks 🤦‍♂️

Just after a trip from Dublin to Donegal in my GTX. Very surprised and impressed with the efficiency / range I got. 236km used 58% battery. Just smooth, steady driving in eco with “B” driving mode. No slowing down on M1 motorway or anything, kept it at 120kph. A little wet and windy in places.12 degrees out for the most part. Had some luggage onboard. Light “clima” use as didn’t need it. Apple music and Nav on all the way.

i had high hopes for the car but it’s definitely exceeding expectations. Worried a little about the infotainment system but I’m finding it really responsive and nice to use. No issues to report so far here.

Also, “B” driving mode is great. I actually prefer it. The battery regeneration is a plus.

That's very good consumption, wind was behind you I'm guessing

For a big old bus, the ID.4 does surprisingly well for efficiency. It's far off Tesla or Ioniq levels, but still does well for the size and shape of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Morbidly Abeast

How can you check what boats are due when? I’ve an Enyaq that left the factory on Friday so I’m assuming it’s making its way to Emden and joining other VWG cars for the trip to Ireland. Just reading some of the posts above, I’m shocked how long cars are sitting in port.

Forgive my ignorance but I'm just getting to grips with the ID4, a couple of questions.....

Obviously there is no start button and the car senses you getting off the seat, the only thing is that when I put the car in park and open the door the radio/media still runs until I get out. Is there any way to change this?

Is there any way to change what is displayed on the screen above the steering wheel?

I hadn't noticed that the blindspot indicator is not on the mirrors which is disappointing as I found them useful on other cars, and the tailgate/boot is manual rather than electric, are these extras?

I can't understand why they didn't illuminate the air con and volume buttons!!!!

I have the GTX Business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

There's actually a start / stop button to the right of the steering wheel (where keys would be inserted in many cars).

I think you can modify the small display to a minor extent maybe.

No BLIS or powered tailgate - these may be on the Max versions, I'm not sure.

Yes, lack of illumination of the sliders is a howler of the highest order! Y'see, these guys (and other marques too) believe their own marketing spiel and think everyone uses voice commands.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I think if you unbuckle your seatbelt and the car goes into "goodbye" mode, you can press the start/stop button and then exit the car to leave the radio on. I could very well be wrong though.

1 way to certainly keep the car on (for 30 minutes) is to plug the seatbelt back in and then step out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Dave Barry

Not being able to opt for an electric tailgate is very annoying! Tech or Max is the only way to get it AFAIK but then you lose the grant.

There is an aftermarket solution though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

my brother in law picked up his ID4 GTX last week and I had a spin in it earlier - for a €60k car it is very underwhelming. Decent space but feels very entry level in every other way. I'm sure the drive, range etc will be nice but nothing in it to suggest it's price tag.

I think it feels very well built but I would agree that it is lacking some basic features that you would expect for the price (electric tailgate, internal finishes etc). I think it certainly drives very well, and performance wise its certainly worth the price tag compared to high end EV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but how do you disengage the child locks on the rear doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Are other 1st movers getting a message in the car saying an inspection is due in 20 days? Are we supposed to book something in?

Also, any more news on when we're getting new 12v battery?

No inspection due, probably the dealership sending out automated reminders

No word on the battery, there's some more details on the ID.3 threads. Basically they're replacing the AGM battery with an Enhanced Flooded Battery type (whatever that means).

The good part is they're reflashing the BMS and a few other components to allow them to be updated OTA

Light up button beside the door lock button. Also disables the rear window switches

My issue is when I press the start/stop button to switch off the car, unbuckle, and then open the door the radio stays on. Everyone outside hearing my awful selection of music!!

The radio only goes off when I leave the car (get off the seat), must be a glitch, any other car I’ve had the radio goes off when you open the door.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah that happens to me as well, music doesn't stop until you get up or stop it manually

Since my car hasn't been set on fire yet, I'm assuming that my neighbours like the same music as me 😁

The thing that gets me is the music automatically starting when I start the car. My kids were quite alarmed when the car started blasting out Slayer at high volume 🤣

Advertisement