Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW29 Transfer thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

That’s a nice team. Few descrepancies with mine the main being

Gordon & Lacazette to Martinelli & DCL

i like mine because I can pivot to a player like Watkins/Ings for GW30 if DCL doesn’t work & Villa keep up there form

VvD, Konate & Thiago are the Covid rumours due to not training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

That's a smashing -4 TBH. Jealous! The joy of getting rid of Dennis also.

James & JWP -> Doherty & Kulu for a -4 to leave 2.7 ITB, looks my obvious move. And to make it a -8, I can go Joelinton (still not sure how I got him on WC last week) to Laca. Tempting. Would leave 7 x DGW29 players and 9 BGW30 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Nice team, not sold on Gordon but when he's 4.5, he's a grand enabler.

Our teams are quite similar so, are you worried at all about too much investment into Spurs/Arsenal given the inconsistency with them? I am slightly but risk willing to take I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

More worried about Arsenal really. Think for Doherty and Kuluesski price they're worth taking a punt on while Kane seems must have again. Have Ramsdale a long time and think Saka will score well over rest of season so will keep them at least.

Did another change and can do Lacazette/Hwang to Richarlison/Toney. Might do Ricky to Nacho/Watkins for GW30 then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

Looking at a -12 now

Cancelo (Yellow flag + no game in GW30) to Doherty (DGW + plays GW30)

Coufal (red flag) to Amartey (Fodder for 30)

Bowen (Not available this week) to Kulu (DGW)

Dennis (Sh1t/no game in 30) to Kane (DGW + Game in 30 + captaincy)

Would leave me with 7DGW 29 players, 10 starting for BGW30 and a free transfer for whoever out. Stupidity? I still have WC/BB/FH left but was hoping to save them for a push into the last few weeks

Post edited by COH on

Id WC now as you are effectively on a mini WC just to field a team over the next few weeks.

You may not use the WC later to the same extent. Players you are getting in now could end up being season keepers and worst case you hit a -12 then.

I’m sticking with original plan. I’m going with Pickford for this week for 2 home games & will play Schmeichel thereafter.

Saiss becomes Tierney & gives me more potential (I think).

I want to play Havertz so that means either bench Doherty or Tierney for their double as all the others have a double.

Im not really sure on Hwang. I’ve 0.9m ITB & if I stick with him I’ll upgrade Amartey to Thomas

For his price, Hwang is good value considering he'll play in the blank. Can always ship him out later. No one else at that price jumps out for me unless you downgrade to Gelhardt who will get the odd point here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think Gelhardt might get a start against Norwich, he did better than Rodrigo last night (who was awful) when he came on but he wont play as much as Hwang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did James, Son and Jimi to Doherty, Kulu and Kane for -8. Salah tc. All in on Spurs so fully prepared to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Is Cancelo definitely out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The official word was illness.

IMO, I had thought that this was just a cover for 'we have a dead rubber CL game and using this as a week off for him, without being disrespectful by giving a kid his debut in a CL knockout game'.

I'm still debating about starting him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Would Watkins, Coutinho and JWP to Kane, Martinelli and Gordon for a -8 be madness?

Would give me

Ramsdale*

TAA*, Tierney*, one of Digne, Saiss or Coady

Salah*, Son*, Martinelli*, Gordon*, Raphinha

Kane*, Jimenez ( Broja)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Looks like good moves to me. I think Gordon is Evertons best attacking player and Kane is on fire. Martinelli might not start both but he's a good long term buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just going with one transfer: Bowen out for Kulusevski. Hoping to bounce back after a shocker last round (62 pts).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Doherty and Robbo in for Kilman and James

Going to BB with

Dubravka, Ramsey, Jimi, Broja

Feels a bit silly but there is a cost to not playing it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

My GW29 moves are James out for Doherty and Ward Prowse out for Saka (-4).

Booking in Willock for Barnes for GW30 I reckon. Aim to attack the Leicester fixtures going forward. Schmeichel in anyones plans?

I’m getting tempted to put Periera in defence as a placeholder for when his doubles circle & his game in 30.

Means I’d go Ramsdale over Pickford/Schemeichel & drop Tierney too.

—————

DGW29: Ramsdale & Doherty with x 2 Liv players

BGW30: Ramsdale & Doherty, Pereira + Thomas

or

DGW29: Pickford & Doherty or Tierney with x 2 Liv players

BGW30: Schmeichel & Doherty, Tierney + Thomas

—————-

Where is the most upside? I’m thinking Periera has more then Tierney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Who to start, Coady vs Everton (a) or Cash vs West Ham (a)

Coady more likely to keep a clean sheet but Cash has two goals, two assists and four clean sheets in last four games.

• Advertisement

Jumping on the this bus, feck it ,it can't go without me.

An obvious -8 to join the crowd and help with BGW30.

James, JWP, Joelinto -> Doherty, Kulu, Laca.

Ramsdale

Doherty - TAA - Rudiger - Cancelo

Kulu - Salah (c) - Raph - Son

Laca - Jimi

Bench: Sa - Broja - Digne - Ramsey

Going to start Cancelo, only an "illness" so has time to get right for Monday. I think he starts.

I'd be Cash-ing in and taking the punt with him.

Also debating about Cancelo.

I have Cancelo & Thiago Silva. I think Thiago Silva is a rotation risk so should I start him and then see if he plays 0 and Cancelo subs in? Or vice versa? There is the chance that both don't play too.

Apparently there is some talk on Saints forums about Broja being rested so that is throwing me a bit too. Maybe it's the fans thinking he will be rested more than knowing he will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

He had a bit of a stinker last game. Maybe that's part of their thinking.

Any early Liverpool team news?

Silva is a good back up, you can start him and he will either start or you'll have Cancelo coming in - if he starts / plays. It's a pure toss of a coin Fitz.

Most teams this week seem to have that 1 position that is 50/50.

I probably know the answer but I'll ask anyway.

I've White 1st sub. Any merit to starting him over Raphinha (NOR), Coutinho (whu) or Toney (BUR)?

The rest of my players are doubles so not going including. Got White for the double really and have Ramsdale already.

I'm now thinking to myself that Newcastle are in good attacking form so maybe they'll get something in that game anyways. And Silva will be rested. They have CL midweek, which he'll start.

Gonna go with Cancelo & Kilman starting. Benching Broja & 1st sub instead.

• Advertisement

If I had Cancelo, I'd start him all day long Fitz. His attacking threat is incredible and if he's ill, he won't come on or be in the squad.

For me, Cancelo over Thiago Silva.

Seen a post saying no early team news from their source anyway. And very unlikely.

I'd wouldn't start White over Coutinho anyways. He hit form last GW and West Ham played Thursday night in Sevilla. They may be tired, and concede. You also have white covered by Ramsdale. White doesn't get attacking returns (famous last words).

Maybe Raphinha. He seems to have clocked out of Leeds. Now saying that, I'm starting him!! It is Norwich.

Toney is on pens so there's always a chance of a goal.

Ya, I think that's the right move. Cancelo will start if fir, if still sick he won't feature. That's my understanding. Have bench lined up is all, as youv'e done.

Yeah, Coutinho is the least likely to come out. Then, probably Toney but I like him as a bit of a punt against Burnley who have leaked goals recently.

Raphinha the most likely to come out but a lot have him and if he does something against Norwich which he should given his quality, I'd be sick. White a good 1st sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Bowen & Kilman out for Kulu & Doherty for yet another hit

Rockstar saying Diaz, Robertson, VVD & Matip all start. Jota bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Did a -8 to get in Kane, Kulu, and the Dock, for James, Fernandes, and King. No FH left and with the next GW coming up seemed like the correct call.

Advertisement