Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

I was devastated when Torres left. A truly stunning player. As much as I loved Suarez, I don’t think it matched Torres due to his shithousery and the biting didn’t help. I don’t remember thinking it was a good thing to see him leaving so I wonder if the Carra comments are captain hindsight rather than true feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Salah also seems to be a good Muslim which means he may have serious qualms about taking money from a club inextricably linked with genocide in Yemen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

One of my favorites players and doesn't get enough credit.

There hasn't been many players I was disappointed about leaving the club but Torres definitely falls into that category along with the likes of...

Rush, Beardsley, McManaman, Owen, Fowler, Suarez, Coutinho, Gerrard and Wijanldum.

If Salah was to leave, I'd have the same feeling.

But we move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

The contract situation and talks may not have changed one jot in months, could be outside sources trying to derail us now we are in the buisness end of the season challenging for everything..if it turns out it is mo and his agent doing the gossiping,then for the above reasons he should be sold, because it's unacceptable to do it at this stage of the season,it's not teamwork,it's selfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Torres leaving knocked me for six. I still remember where I was when it was announced on the radio. The lesson I learned. If I'm buying a jersey, never get a name on it. But they are professionals so money talks. Just like moving from Dunnes to Tesco. Good luck to him.

Agents have only one agenda and are paid by only one side of the negotiations. I doubt Mo’s agent could care less about whether Liverpool are in contention, aside from the fact that his client is pivotal in the team’s success and therefore should be paid a collosal salary. When negotiating contracts top players and their agents will extract as much as possible from clubs as they have the benefit of knowing that other clubs may willingly pay what they are asking. It’s hard to blame them really, when the club is valued at over €3b and the owners are very wealthy, why not push for more money?

I always assumed he would sign a new contract, as the months go on I’m more resigned to him leaving. The barrier for him will be who wants him/will pay him? Looks like Mbappe is going to RM, rumours EBH may go to Barca though I’m amazed they have money, PSG have Messi in the same position and look the likely destination for Pogba, Juventus are not flush, and I couldn’t see him joining City. Newcastle might have the money but are still years away from being competitive at the top of the table or in Europe. So it may well be the case that there may not be many suitors out there, especially considering there will not be much of a resale value and difficult to find another club to pay his wages if it doesn’t work out ala Phil.

Edit: Just read MC have a deal in place to sign EBH, so if Barca can afford Salah, that seems the obvious fit, even it their team is currently average at best.

Watching Sky Sports, Chelsea wage bill is £33m per month, they appear to have no financial reserves and bank accounts are frozen. If players are unpaid for 3 months, under premiership rules they can cancel their contracts. So some very good players may be looking for new clubs at the end of the season, possibly without any transfer fee.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

Their fans should suffer. They celebrated, time for them to suffer. I hope they never win a trophy again. Rotten fans.

Should fans suffer for celebrating when they win trophies? Seems harsh.

They got the wins from dirty money. Time for the losses. Don't see it being harsh unless your precious enough.

• Advertisement

I think they were just fans happy to win trophies. I understand you applying your moral outrage to RA or the English authorities who allowed him to buy the club, I think it’s harsh to apply it to the fans of football teams though. They just support their team, regardless of who owns it. But I suppose it fits nicely into the narrative, evil owner, evil fans.

I don't think its there fault. But I don't in anyway feel sorry for them now like. I do not think they should be saved. 20 year of trophy drought please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I would agree with you, until the fans starting chanting his name after it was revealed why he was sanctioned. There is no reflection on who they are chanting for. And lets be clear here, they weren't chanting "Chelsea" they were chanting "Roman Abramovich".

You are making general statements about fans and their owners, and applying this to Chelsea when it has been shown their fans aren't just celebrating the club and what they won but the owner. Philippe Auclair mentioned it on OTB. For years journalists had to dance around the truth about Abramovich because he would sue them if they made any negative remark about him or his ties to Putin. Now that it is in the open there is no more denial. But Chelsea fans are still denying, because he made them happy. I would hope we would be more self aware, but not so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Matip & VVD start.

Thiago is on the bench. So he is not injured as is ok.

Alisson

TAA Matip VVD Robbo

Fabinho Hendo Keita

Salah Mane Diaz

Subs: Kelleher, Thiago, Milner, Firmino, Gomez, Jones, Jota, Tsimikas, Elliott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

A well reasoned, well made point. Fans support a club, not necessarily the owners etc. Yes some Chelsea fans are supporting RA vocally, but many also aren't. We as fans of clubs support them through thick and thin. When the whistle goes the politics or off field controversies are forgotten by the average fan. Owners come and go, clubs and fans remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Hard to know how Chelsea's situation will be resolved and what affect it'll have for other clubs. Will their players become available in the summer - other clubs ( including ourselves) will be looking to pick them up. Will they be allowed participate in Europe next season - United could well benefit by taking their CL place.

Arsenal looking good at the moment so todays match will prob be important to both MU and Spurs in fight for fourth place of Chelsea excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

As long as it's not United that benefit, I'll be happy, but, they're so poxy they probably will.

Regarding today's game I have a feeling Brighton are going to get something out of the game, hopefully I'm wrong and we win well and improve the goal difference too.

• Advertisement

Out the door with those negative thoughts, a win with the juggernaut to keep moving forward for me. And Utd to lose, think Spurs might give them a kicking.

Looks to be a good documentary on “The Bootroom Boys” Liverpools rise from the second division to kings of Europe coming up soon on BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah needs a bit of a stormer today to back up his agets antics yesterday.

If he he has a stinker it makes his agent antics look even more stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not a great start. Brighton pressing hard and winning the ball back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Every single Liverpool player wants too many touches on the ball..move it quicker ffs

Brave from Daiz with that goal.

That should be a red for the keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Red card.

I think that's a red card for the keeper. Or should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Red card surely

Has to be sent off there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Really poor 20 minutes. But great ball by Matip and brave finish. Hope he's ok, and that's a red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

That’s a joke. 100% red card that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

They aren't even looking at it

Disgrace

Bizarre again from the VAR official.

Disgrace that isn't given even a yellow card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That's Karate, not football!!

Oh FFS. That's a fcuking disgraceful call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Unbelievable, keepers are **** clowns. The most reckless players on the pitch and always get it their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

How the hell is that not a red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

That's a scandalous decision. 100% red card, Harald Schumacher is alive and well and playing for Brighton.

Brave header.

Absolute farce, that was as dangerous as it gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

But but but LiVARpool. Joke

Not even a booking. Wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Diaz should have stayed down till the card came out.

Great pass Matip.

Brave by Diaz fair play to him for getting to it.

What an absolute disgrace of a decision for no red card for the keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That is not even goal keeping, WTF

VAR '' we didn't see it''

WTF!

Don't say they did see it, as their excuse after game is always we didn't see anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭Ardent

I'm disgusted by that decision. Could have killed him. Wtf is going on VAR, it's getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Ferm001

If he missed the goal would have been a sending off, crazy VAR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

That's a joke ffs...f×cking sick of this game now..stacked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

We should be demanding an apology for that decision, what a joke. That's a red for any other player on the pitch.

Advertisement