Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Have you tried a soft reset? before V11 there was an option to hide certain audio sources, but I'm sure V11 did away with that and you should just see all sources in that dropdown you mention.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Theres a few M3's in Inventory if anyone was looking and interested in the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭ferg01

Thanks @AndyBoBandy , yeah tried that but no luck I’m afraid. Tesla suggested let it go to sleep overnight and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

The radio on mine was switched off buried in the setting, have a dig through the menus

Just got it, sources can still be hidden it seems…messed around and found it in the audio settings function.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Please share how you resolved as I am picking up in the next 2 weeks and this may be helpful information. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 45 barryduffy

@JOL1 & others - proof of registration is now on my account - you're probably the same. You can tax it now if you want to feel like you're making progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Is that in the bottom right corner under "Documents"? If so, not showing up for me yet. Next week hopefully!

For those who have collected the car form Baldonnel, I would be interested in your experience. Is it efficient, are cars ready at arrival, clean and charged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

Me neither but I haven’t paid in full yet. Presume they only register then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes it is efficient, cars are not very clean. It looked clean, but drying towel was dirty when finished drying it. Cars come with varied amounts of charge, I was lucky with over 50%. Depends on how many going out that day, seemed a quiet day last Tues. Four cars in tent and I was only collector there for the hour I was there around midday. (Turned up 30 mins early)

I would imagine so, worth giving them a shout by email or chat. Phoning is almost impossible. I got the impression you need to keep to keep the pressure on if you wish to speed things up..

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

For what it's worth I got hold of Craig by chat yesterday and he said that mine wasn't registered, it is usually done 7-10 days before collection. I will be keeping an eye on it next week and if there's nothing there by Wednesday evening I'll be on the phone first thing Monday morning after the long Paddy's weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Newoven

When I picked mine up three weeks ago it was very straightforward. The cars were lined up inside the marquee out of the weather, the Tesla people were friendly and polite but only needed an electronic signature from me on an iPad so there wasn't much time for small talk. Then the car was mine to inspect, ask questions or just drive away. While I was poking around looking for issues somebody came by with a cloth and cleaned the side windows. Not sure there was any need but presumably he was working along the line. It didn't feel anything like a motor dealership though, no sign of a salesman promising personal support or a service department encouraging me to buy advance servicing or the like. More like collecting something from Argos.

The car was clean if not sparkling. When I had it in the sun later I could see the imprints of some stickers that were on the inside of the windscreen so that hadn't been cleaned too thoroughly. It had 45% charge which was plenty though I had made a contingency plan to head to the 50kwh eCars charger at Newlands Cross if required. In the end I drove around for an hour or more before charging in Ashbourne.

One thing I would have liked would be to have some of the accessories available there and then. For example the bins for the armrest storage cost just €20 from the Tesla website but take a week to arrive. Why not have them to sell to new owners on the day, or better still include them? They did include a set of long mudflaps that I won't be using, I'd have been happy to swap them for something I did want.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 barryduffy

That's the one. I can see that my car was registered yesterday - I guess they've more than a few to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Anyone who picked up from Baldonnell that also traded in? did you just bring your trade-in with you and they took it from you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭wassie

It didn't feel anything like a motor dealership though, no sign of a salesman promising personal support or a service department encouraging me to buy advance servicing or the like. More like collecting something from Argos.

Thats because its not a dealership. Its actually more akin to buying from the Sandyford Ikea store - direct from the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

3 weeks of ownership and 600km covered.

Really impressed by the efficiency on my daily commute so far.

Celbridge to Ballsbridge - 26km each way averaging between 130 and 140 Wh/km of power consumption with climate set at 20 degrees, temperatures outside between 4 and 10 degrees. Preheating before departure and using heated seats & steering wheel.

• Advertisement

It's good alright, I have over 1000km already in 9 days, just be aware that the trip page only appears to includes motive energy used and does not include heating etc. My 88 km today showed 13.5 kWh/100 km which looks great, however if I work it by % battery used it looks more like 15.5 kWh/100km, still good.

The screen you are on I use only in average range mode, which gives a good indication what range you can expect from your recent driving.

From what people have posted already it was a simple hand the car over, give keys, VLC and that was it.

Some saying they didn’t even check the car other than Reg, Vin and mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

I think it includes everything while the car is driving, i.e. not in park. So heating is included while driving, but e.g. sentry mode energy usage is not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It includes everything whilst driving, hence for short Winter trips you will see high figures primarily due to “departure tax” ie the resistive heating element is a huge tax on short journeys as it spends high input to bring the cabin up to temp from cold conditions.

The great piece now is the 3 has a heat pump and although hard to know it has been estimated to be two to four times more efficient than the pure PDC heater, it really suits our Winters as even at very low temps it can suck from the thermal mass of the 60kWh pack.

As I’ve mentioned before, with the heat pump on ALL Tesla’s here on out, the differential to range drops is now wet roads with more rolling resistance whereas previously it was cold temps and using 6kW to pass cold air over a heated element to heat the cabin

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I have scan my Tesla and will observe AC energy usage when I get my 3 for comparison to current S

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

How long does the Trade-in valuation normally take?

I posted them all the details / photos earlier this week.

About a week give or take.

It can also depend on how quick their trade buyers come back to them.

@JOL1

see picture attached. Select any source and then click on the three vertical bars on the right hand side. You can then decide which sources to view in the subsequent screen. Hopefully this helps. If not, let me know 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

How long does it take from order online until AIB finance contacts for details etc. ordered a couple of weeks ago and no word - updated all on manage account etc. in fairness delivery date is August or longer 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭odoliam

Definitely ring or email

I had this same thing and only after staying on hold for nearly an hour, a UK Tesla rep answered and I think kicked the Ireland team into action. Within an hour things got moving!

Advertisement