Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who don't think that St Patrick's Day is a bank holiday in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Have a childcare place on the estate and the patrons would park on your foot if they could.

TA - Someone parks a bus just down from my turn and just before the childcare place on the right, so you have to pull out onto the wrong side of the road sometimes to see down the road fully. Then you have the parents who double park, abandon their cars in the middle of the road and have a group meetings beside those cars out on the road and usually have the pram pushed out behind them. Would not wish it on anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The best man is my younger brother, I'm not putting any of that on him.

----

TA that when I got into a conversation about the Scottish referendum in 2014, the person I was talkingwith told me "sure ye all voted to stay in the UK"

Let me be perfectly clear to anyone who says this ****.

55% voted to stay. Almost half the population (1.6 million people) voted to leave. It went by majority, so the majority voted to stay. I couldn't vote because I was no longer living in Scotland, but I would've voted for us to leave if I could. Do not ever come up to me and say I voted 'No'.

I didn't. I would've voted 'Yes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,301 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In addition instead of putting the planning permission in the garden on a stick like you normally see, I am told they put it in a white frame, attached to a pebble-dashed white wall so it was completely or more or less invisible which shows you the type you are dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Tell your best man to pull his finger out!

And tell your demanding friend to grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Voting to stay in the UK was binding whereas voting to stay in the EU wasn't for Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"Except" is not the same word as "accept". It's bad enough when people say it but when they write it!

My brother is best man for reasons I am not specifying on this thread.

I wasn't talking about the vote to stay in the EU.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Advertisement

Oh sorry. I didn't read your comment properly lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Surely you've another friend who can work out a bit of logistics and a WhatsApp group.

Either way, even if not don't stress about it. Your friends will be looking forward to the get together. Stags are over thought far too often with a whole rake of activities that end up being a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Flipdish on every single online order with the exception of the Indian/Nepalese/Punjabi places.

My wife to be is helping me out with the organising on this end and I have a friend in Glasgow who's helping over there.

The stressful friend just triggered me at the wrong time and I needed somewhere to scream so I came here 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

• Registered Users Posts: 25,301 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I can’t sleep with the wind, it’s mental, sound much worse then the projected 43 kmph… Neighbours wooden gate is blowing and banging and what sounds like a hanging basket or something on a chain….

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Going into the ILAC centre car park yesterday an idiot was flummoxed by the new ticked machines at the entrance. There is a button to print a ticket with a picture of a hand around it. The idiot was waving his hand in front of the button. Took me a few seconds to figure out what he was playing at. Rolling down the window and shouting "press the f*cking button" proved to be very educational for him.

I wonder if there has ever been a time where someone expressed their TA about someone and the culprit happens to be someone who also lurks here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

"Cool Girl" and Edgelord posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Can't remember if it was here or people you don't like that got a mention of a poster 🤣 Was deleted by the mod.

• Advertisement

I'm off the smokes (pack a day) just over a week. Cold turkey. been going well so far, but the opast day or two in particular, EVERYTHING is an annoyance. I am even losing sight of which annoyances are trivial and which are not. I'm so narky I could probably take the Russian military and Putin on meself. Solo. Armed only with me little nicorette inhaler.

I just belched on a teams call assuming I was on mute. Unfortunately I wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Being asked time and time again to do over and above my job description because management refuse to assign proper resources to my team. I'm tempted to just refuse to do it and let the sh1t hit the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

Constantly being hit on by women

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

With the amount of brand new iPhones I've won on instagram this week, it doesn't matter if Foxxcon closes again, I'll personally have enough stock to cover all of western Europe til August.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm in the early stages of a new relationship. All going great, except we sleep on the same side of the bed. Constant battle of wits going on as to whose house we stay in on a given weekend cause that person "wins".

Also, having to hold farts in all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

My local St Patrick's day parade is like normal traffic, a procession of tractors and trucks, albeit having been power washed beforehand.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was on an online training course today. In the middle of a presentation, which was being recorded, where everyone was supposed to be muted, an out-of-body voice, not belonging to the presenter, could be clearly heard saying "Fúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúckfúck"... sounded almost like Tourette!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Went down to see parents for weekend. Left my debit card in the card reader of the self-service checkout machine at Tesco.

Realised it today. Rang Tesco. They have the card but I have to collect myself within the next 24 hours. As it's a 120 mile round trip and I won't be down again for 2 or 3 weeks I told them to cut it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement