Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skylark - Portmarnock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Royalshiva

Guys ,

I am not able to install the water filter since the EWT guys couldn't access the main pipeline beneath the kitchen sink. The waste pipe is blocking access. Now I have to shift the waste pipe by privately calling a plumber 😟

I had issue with smoking alarm wires which were very near to the attic door which had to be shifted (Again privately by hiring an electrician)

I am not sure if they do this on purpose while building to get more work or simply lack of planning.

These are basic things which I think should be taken care while constructing the house.

Also did anybody notice the walking wardrobe , there is a small cabinet with holes which they said should be accessible since main wirings are there. That means literally you have one side for storage in the front since the heater and the door are on the opposite side. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong here.

No idea , might be try o contact Darren Kelly if Savills don't reply. He looks to me quite a nice guy.

Usually they don't tell the prices before its close to launch but he should be giving you a range .

I saw some instruction manual on top of the heatpump.. Never bothered reading it. Will check and let you know. Its given me error twice till now and I just reset it and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dietstern

From today - scaffolding down on the first two. Fingers crossed well all be snagging late march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

That is SO great to see. Hopefully the rest progress quickly too.

Do the rest of the group think late March is feasible for snagging based on what they see here?

Thanks Dietstern!

Would this stuff not be picked up in the snag?

Not really... since usually you might miss it until you consider putting water filter or something.. but worth checking these stuff during snag.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gilly047

I was thinking snagging in early to mid April and be moving in some time in May 😊 But I hope your date is correct for snagging 😊

My head says May, my heart says April :)

Compared to the last phase I'm hoping April based on:

1/ Foreman told me in December we'd be in late q1 if not early q2

2/ Supply chain issues that impacted the last phase should be ironed out

3/ Less houses in this phase may mean opening up is easier

4/ As its basically a one sided street the Electrics should be certified and switched on in one foul swoop

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ANKU

Can I ask snagging of which phase we are talking about here, 1C ??

• Advertisement

Yes. 1c. Houses 8-15 or so of Skylark Park View.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MArk2486

Hi All!

I for one think the Phase naming is very confusing 😂 - considering the whole of Skylark is technically Phase 1C, and the new planning permission is 1D, I thought it may be easier to visually show the sitemap and we can refer to it from there.

• C1 are all built and moved into! Congrats and hope you are all enjoying the new place!
    • C2 was the next release and they seem to be flying along and I believe these are the ones due for snagging next been referred to above?
    • C3 is where we have purchased, and based on the numerous times we drive-by, are moving really quickly since early Jan. One change here is the road called Bothar Cadhan (Gaelic), which has been officially renamed as Brent Road the english translation.
    • C4 seems to be a mixture of Rental and potential next release in Q1 and looks to be at snagging and finishing

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Baroudeur

Thanks Mark - that does make it a bit clearer! We've also bought in C3, so it's good to hear it's progressing nicely.

You brought order to chaos. Thanks for clearing that up 😊

Anyone know how C2 is advancing? Do they have scaffolding down on any more houses now?

Much Appreciated Gilly047

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Tazium

Excellent video @Tazium. Loved the close up coverage of Phase C2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

how's everyone settling in?

Hi all, anyone know how building is going on the next phase? Also, can anyone tell me what kind of colours the walls were painted when you moved in? Were they all the same shade or different shades around the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

I think the paint was the same throughout the house, walls were johnstones cornforth white

Post edited by sparkle109 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Has anyone had a look at installing smart switches to replace the light switches? I was told there was a neutral wire going to each light switch but that doesn't seem to be the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 emhportmarnock2022

Hi All, first time comment 😁. We are moving into C3 phase, expecting mid to end of summer before snag🤞. Second time to buy in the development, never any issue with house, some minor/usual things but all sorted very quickly. Community vibe is super! Our two girls can’t wait to get back! Best of luck to you all getting to move in pre summer!! 😎😎 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 15 emhportmarnock2022

Also if anyone is looking to convert attic we are trying to progress this - be really interested to chat with you in PM 👍

• Advertisement

Had been hoping for a mid March, early April snag in C2 but I really can't see that happening now. Was down earlier today and not much progress since last Taz video on 13/02. Scaffolding still up from 12 onwards.

Theyve started digging in front of the houses and doing piping but if I recall correctly this was the July status for C1 yet they didn't move in till December, albeit with supposed 'supply chain' issues. I wouldn't be surprised if it were June/July for C2.

Aaah Snugbugrug28, don't lose heart, the EA said she got an update last week and they are still hoping to snag early April, we'll be in before the end of May 🤞🤞😜

Lol. Thanks, I'll do my best. End of May would be fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cunnerz21

Anyone any recommendations for someone who can design build a media wall for the sitting room?? Seen a few nice ones (with electric fireplace) in some of the houses as I was walking through. Interested in similar for my place.

I always presumed that would be an Ikea job. Definitely want one with the electric fireplace for a bit of atmosphere too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Clooney Woodcraft did ours, delighted with result

Hey folks. Who did everyone go with for flooring and what kind of cost would we expect to pay?

Wondering the same here, any recommendations on flooring suppliers/fitters would be appreciated!

Also, has anyone been able to get a reliable indication of room dimensions? Savills have been strangely reluctant to tell us.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MArk2486

Just an FYI that all the floor plans and elevations are on the Fingal Planning site and that has the dimensions and SQM of the houses and rooms generally for the various house types (Petrel, Heron, Sanderling etc) (http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgateIM.WebSearch/Results.aspx)

Not going to be 100% accurate I'm sure but definitely a good sense for getting quotes for flooring. Perhaps anyone who moved into Phase C1 can verify if the plans were accurate or way off.

Thanks very much Mark. I had seen those dimensions before but wasn't sure how accurate they were. Probably fine for getting a quote, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ChicoCannon

We went with Frank McGowans, price really depends on what you are looking to put down, Carpet/Wood/Amtico they do a pretty good range of all of them.

In terms of getting dimensions, yes they were extremely reluctant to give any out before we had our snag, we had one set from the plans, one set from the show house and neither were correct so unfortunately you will need someone to come in and measure for you unless they change their current stance.

Progress update on C2 today

Nice one. Great to see scaffolding down on most of them. I couldn't see snagging happening anytime soon mind you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Tazium

Thanks Tazium.

Meant to ask everyone, do they leave you with a wooden partition between the gardens and you and the neighbour sort a concrete one? Think most of the estate has concrete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Noticed in the last few days that approximately 30 houses on the drive are all social / part 5. I'm surprised to see so many all beside each other.

Maybe DRES are fulfilling their entire part V obligation all at once rather than scattering them as each phase is built.

Part of me wonders if they have sold the remainder of the estate en masse to the council or cluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

I got a Daft alert for this development the other day saying that 3 beds are starting at 485k, is that correct? I haven’t looked into the development much but thought I had checked before and prices were higher than that.

It could be. There will be lots of houses in the next big section and perhaps they will be a spec that comes down in price. You find the starting from price is a good bit lower than most of the houses in the phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭House Hunt

Not sure that is correct. Plenty of info here on the next phase. 17 units of the 172 total are Part V to meet the 10% requirement. Mix of houses and apartments are being assigned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

All those houses down the drive are finished and floored and haven't gone up for sale. They are either social or rentals.

Did someone say Finches Gate are rentals? Perhaps they are lining up the streets like social-rental-private so that each group are together

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭House Hunt

Some of the houses on Finches Gate are definitely build-to-rent, they were advertised on Daft a few weeks ago through Hooke & MacDonald. You could see inside that they were finished the same way as the pics on Daft. I didn't walk over to the Drive but maybe the same applies there also.

The independent reported in Feb that Dutch Investment firm "Orange Capital Partners" had bought 280 homes from Quintain and number of these were in Darragh O'Brien's constituency. Quintain have large developments in Lucan and Cherrywood also so it's not clear exactly how many were bought in Portmarnock.

These funds are used to finance all new-build developments so this is a common theme..

To those already moved in what's the order of play from 1st snagging, do you then clear 2nd snag, get keys, get floors in, kitchen installed, move in?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 chippy_456

• Advertisement

Do you mind if I ask approx how much? And was it something like the photo attached including electric fire?

Advertisement