Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer paid me my regular wage for sitting on my ### during covid now this comes along

Options
  • 13-03-2022 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

and has totally cut me off

Makes no sense

We could have helped each other out during covid by me going onto PUP instead of them paying me. But they almost broke their neck to pay for me sitting at home when everything was locked down

Now when the sh1t is really hitting the fan they decide to cut me off completely. It's almost bipolaresque behaviour

What am I missing here relating to this????

Not worried about any the other stuff. I know where i stand in terms of entitlements. just why this behaviour

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Well they can't just cut you off as that's in violation of the payment of wages act.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Donnie2022

supply and demand stuff they are arguing. downturn and now all this. if there was an economic pick up dont want any clouds hanging around but yeah i know what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

So you're redundant now?

You'll be due back pay for hours worked and due redundancy then if that's what they're doing.

Not a clue. Just strange behaviour. I know there's physically no work there sure.

But why the pay during covid for doing nothing when i could have gotten PUP and they store away funds for a rainy day which we are having now

Sounds extreme

Im one of their main if not their main employee so I will be the first one back when it does pick up. Im not worried on that front

• Registered Users Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

In all likelihood your employer was registered for EWSS, that is coming to an end and the rate dropped on March 1st. If your wage was above PUP payment, you benefited for 2 yrs while you did nothing.

If you know there is no work for you, surely this isn’t a surprise.

• Advertisement

Yeah but they acted during covid that the money was coming out of their pocket. Their portrayal then was that they were going out of the way to pay me during covid

I could have got even more through PUP :D:D

This is comical sorry. They're on the system's side then. Im not out to get them

Sorry but even 2 junks or drunks could form this to a better scenario than they have

Advertisement