Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using revolut in the states

• 13-03-2022 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭

Hello

Travelling to the US of A shortly. Is there any issues using my revolut over there? I don't have a credit card.

Post edited by Henry Ford III on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No issues whatsoever. It's reasons like this that Revolut is at the popularity level that it is now

Just transfer your funds to $ on it whenever you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

So exchange to dollars in the app before i go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I haven't been to the States in almost 20 years so I don't know what has changed.

There was a time when you couldn't check into a hotel /motel or hire a car using a debit card. You needed a credit card to do these things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,146 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Only if you want, if you don't it will take the funds from your Euro account at the f/x rate on the day. Advantage of putting it in to dollars before you go is you get that rate and it won't change. Given the way the Euro to Dollar has been over the last month changing to dollar might be the way to go, especially if you have a set budget in your head. What I am unsure on is the contactless limit if it's still €50 equivalent or a US specific amount.

Hotel check-in as was mentioned may seek a credit card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Closing this.

Please use the Revolut Megathread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement