Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Did one as well last night as had too much untradeable fodder in the club… got mid Puskas which isn’t too bad. Surprised to see he’s just under 1m.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got birthday ndidi so am selling makelele while he's still fetching a few quid. That's gold kante/toty jorghinho and birthday ndidi in the middle for me :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a heads up, tonight’s Icon pick is accidentally giving out moments as well, if you’re lucky.

I wasn’t. The FIFA gods though “oh, he complimented Mid Torres, AND he’s a United fan?”

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Yep it sure is, even though I got a moments i still feel i deserve compensation 🤣

I’d guess if you got a moments, you’ll get a second pack so that’s probably a win of some sorts. Free 91 fodder 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I was going to do the prime icon but think I'll do the pick now :)

Yeah the mid/prime pick one. I done it and got prime hagi was the best of the bunch.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My WL rewards were RUBBISH.

got to 11 wins, the picks were all useless. TOTW pack highest rated was 82. Ultimate pack…. 84 Foden.

🙄🙄🙄

Done the prime icon SBC and got kaka :) so now I have kaka and hagi and no real use for them just yet haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Jeeez i hate div.1, (unfortunately miscalculated my position in div.2) 95% of matches, i come up against lads who just sit back and counter with fast build up or long ball, when i see that, i quit, cant be bothered, then i get the messages, (as im playing 532) im a rat, im this and im that, when i point out that i attack with 7 players, and they are actually playing 4 defenders, full backs on stay back, and 2 CDMs back to, which equals 6, well that sends them over the top completely 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Will we see a Record Breaker CR7 and a POTM Mbappe this week? Bye bye fodder 😳

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Red picks:

88 Aspas

86 James

84 Raum

Red Picks were kind:

86 Toney

88 Aspas

93 De Bruyne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

That Ramos is about 4 pace away from being a truly unreal card. I know some people will prob be like "ugh pace merchant" but lets be real you need a baseline of pace at the back. Especially if you like to play with higher depth (I play Japes 3412 atm so you defo need someone with recovery speed).

Bit of a market dip the last hour too.

I think I might sell up my IF investments.

While theyve raised a little, it's been aaaaages since there was an SBC that spiked them up. Thats despite their being a lot of SBCs that usually would have done so (like the Icon pick ones this week). They've risen naturally, but with only a few weeks till TOTS now (which always throws out loads of free, high end cards), I might just cash out and invest a bit heavier into my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

i know...all weekend its just knobs spamming long ball. Same crap over and over again.

I started just playing it around at the back just to piss them of big time so they've no choice but to push forward to get the ball and then hit them on the counterattack. Serves them right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did that year in review twice in the hope of getting Fofana or POTM CR7.

first one is Dante, second time around gets Fofana... his potm card is damn good. Sorry now I didn't buy his HL card when I had the chance. But I do loved the potm card design for Lique1..its by far the nicest looking one. Goes well with Ben Yedder

POTM Benzema was the best player from the year in review SBC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'm probably the only one who cares but HL Laborde is getting an upgrade since Rennes beat Lyon yesterday to get 4 wins in a row. He's got 350 goals in 570 games for me. Given all the golden goal and rq games I reckon that he's actually close to a goal a game. EA really need to add a minutes per goal stat. His strike rate is still slightly better than TOTY Lewa even though Lewa coming in has cannibalised all of Laborde's goals from corners and Lewa takes pens too. I never see anyone else use him and love beating lads in Elite division with Cruff/R9/Pele type strike forces with 3 or 4 goals from 50k Laborde :). He's outrageously good in the air and have Ginola and Figo pumping crosses into him and Lewa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yeah that used to work for me, pass it round the back and bang, i score and they quit, its not working now, im either crap at it now or my internet speed is not good enough, but their players are way faster then mine, they press and im banjaxed 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,836 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Got Prime Beckham from the Mid/Prime Pick and he's a lot of fun, just one of the players where you want to use them like they played in real life. Still going strong with 442 crosses and headers meta 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Never mind Beckham, is that Alan Browne scoring for you in Champs? Fair play - i have him but havent used him much. Maybe it's the right weekend to try an Irish-infused champs team - especially if they release a couple of decent Irish cards this week. A flashback 5 star skills mcgeady would be nice again.

GK Kelleher coming this week as the Silver Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anyone starting to get to the stage of having had enough with the game yet?

Not that it's a bad game or anything and I suppose it always happens at this time of the year anyway, but having played since early release (6 months in now) I literally haven't packed one decent, usable player, nor have I had any luck with SBC's or player picks etc.

Add to that they've absolutely killed trading with the lightening rounds meaning fodder is always low, so you can't even really consistently make big coins that way any more.

Each year it just seems to head more and more towards "forcing" people into buying packs.

I dunno, it's probably a bit of burn out having played it so much over the past number of months! 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Have actually enjoyed it more this year by playing way less. Made around 4m coins early on trading and gave up on that aswell. The reality is I am as good at it as I have ever been and am likely to be (div 1 in rivals) and constantly chasing new and better players won’t make me that much better so I leave it to an hour or two maybe 3 days a week and leave it at that, I have enjoyed it a lot more I must say.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've cut way down. I just do the 8 rivals wins if I can and then only do WL if I have nothing else to do.

The rewards for playing the game aren't good enough, slogging out 20 games in WL is not worth it for some 84 fodder.

His gold has crashed down to 475k on PS! Glad I sold on Sunday evening. Now please dont be overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Didn't play for a few weeks but the gameplay seems better now? Its actually possible to score goals on next gen. Also have 4m odd coins without really trading, just from playing WLs/Rivals etc. seems easier to get coins this year

Its a weird game though, stats seem fairly meaningless. Some players have it and some don't. Packed Gold Ronaldo and Ice Gabriel Jesus a few months ago, neither were a patch on FB Benzema. Been using POTM Ben Yedder who has been average, swap him out for Origi on 8 chem who is scoring for fun. Have some untradeable Caqueret card who just *has it* as a CM, intercepts absolutely everything. Its all weird. Tempted to splash out on TOTY Messi

Also bought Denayer before his upgrade and he is a ridiculous bargain, as good as any CB on the game and got him for 100k

Anyone do that Avila card? Saw him banging in goals for Boras so put all of my tokens into him. Was going to do the player pick but 1 of 2 doesn't seem great

Advertisement