Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Contributary Old age Pension

• 13-03-2022 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My Wife has applied for the above, we've sent all relevant Documents (evidence of Mortgage, Bank Statements etc) to Sligo for means test. The Documents were returned to us 5 days later with no observations .

What happens from here ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

You should hear from them within the next 2-3 weeks. If it’s the case that, as a couple, you are struggling badly without this income then you can go to see your local CWO to apply for an interim payment called an SWA. However, it’s heavily means tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

If you are getting the contributory state pension, why not add her as a dependent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paulus34

She's a few months older than me , I'm not 66 until later in the year .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paulus34

Thanks, we'll wait and see what the outcome is.

We provided all statements and they were returned in 6 days later . I was very surprised as I expected them to keep them longer for means test .

Advertisement