Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Big game tommoro nite up in Galway.. Hopefully the lads can get the 3 points, which would be a massive win and show our intent on getting straight back to the Premier Division.. Decent Away support travelling as well from what I'm hearing.. Looking forward to it..

#AWAYDAYS 💙⚽

Disappointing result in the end away to Galway after being 2-0 up at half time, but lucky to come away with a point in the end.. Need to close games out when we're on top in games..

Roll on Wexford at home next Friday night #BLUEARMY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Another red card as well, we must be up there with most in the past 12 months or so. A lot of yellow cards too as well last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

A win is a win but that was tough watching tonight. No intensity from us at all and everything was slow and telepathic. We had far the better players but too happy to sit back and soak up pressure and in the end it nearly cost us another 2 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Yes, don't understand the tactics myself. They always seemed to be looking to pass the ball backwards. They could easily have been caught out tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its the managers style of play

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Nothing pretty about the football being played..but we're getting results in 2nd gear at the moment, and i think against the better sides in this league we won't be found wanting.. In regards to Shels getting rid of Morris because of his style of play, i wouldn't go along with that talk at all..Everyone knows he got shafted because Duff was made manager..A lot of Shels fans were very disappointed to see Morris go, and the manner in which it happened..Morris has a point to prove this season, and i have no doubt he'll prove it with promotion ..

Looking forward to visiting the Cross on Monday #BLUES

I've no real doubts about Morris getting us promotion to be honest, but it's gonna be a dull enough season I think.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Munsters Number One...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think the First Division is going to end up with a mini-league involving the top 5 which will probably include Waterford, Cork, Galway, Wexford and Treaty.

Shelbourne fans seemed to be pretty frustrated with the turgid style of football played under Morris, and while it seems to be creeping into Waterford's play they're conceding a lot of goals (7 in 5 games) and have only had one clean sheet. That's not really good enough when you're not playing a very expansive style and you have a defence with Brian Murphy and Eddie Nolan in it.

That said, Waterford have a very strong squad for this level, and the owner deserves credit for that. It's nice to see big crowds at LOI games at the moment and the league getting some attention - particularly with the carry on in the Premier League.

We're still munsters no.1

One result won't change that..

Another Munster Derby tonight.. Big performance needed . Big Away support expected in the Marketsfield later #BLUES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Enough of the long ball rubbish please tonight and let this team play.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Another poor result last night. Did anyone see the game? Going by social media comments fans not happy with performance and tactics. Anyone thinking we would walk the first division based on our squad and some pre season results must be changing their minds now. We need a win v Longford next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Another red card as well. Our discipline over the past year has been awful, and costing us so many games.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

90 minutes of centre back to midfielder, back to centre back, long ball into no man's land, repeat. Dreadful stuff.

We played slightly better when we went 2 down but I think that's just as a result of Treaty sitting back and happy to soak up pressure. There doesn't seem to be any gameplan at all and the defence is truly, truly awful.

Worst display I've seen in a long time.. Longford at home next Friday is a must win..but i can't see it happening..the players are like headless chickens at the moment the way they're playing..no pride in the jersey or respect for the supporters traveling to see them week in , week out.. Morris doesn't seem to have any game plan what so ever.. Something has to change, and soon

The tactics are a big hinderance, but has Morris ever shown a capacity for any other style?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I (and others) flagged those concerns when others were welcoming his appointment. Shelbourne fans will have all the same complaints.

While he got Shelbourne promoted, I think he had quite a good squad, which included a number of ex-Waterford players as it happens.

While there's a long way to go, it looks like Cork will win the league at the moment. Unsurprising for a club of their stature and scale, they really shouldn't be in the first division.

I expect Waterford to end up in the playoffs - and in fairness that's not particularly challenging as they just have to finish in the top 5.

• Advertisement

I'd agree, I haven't any expectation in terms of entertainment this season but I would have put that to one side in the hopes of a quick bounce up but if he doesn't get results along with the turgid brand of football I'd rather he was turfed out tbh. With the squad we have there is no real excuse for not at the very least making the playoffs like, a more expansive brand of football and going through the playoffs would definitely be more palatable then shite week in week out and still only getting a playoff spot

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

Poor enough again last night. Last gasp header saved a point which we deserved on 2nd half performance but not good enough for a team that was expected to win the league. 8 points behind Cork with a game in hand so next few games are crucial. A lot of fans already losing faith in Ian Morris.

1,450 at the game..down over a thousand supporters already from the first few home games.. People are not going to come to watch that **** .. Time for either a change in management or the way we're playing..

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

The first half was as poor a performance as you could see. I don't understand the tactics. He's clearly telling his midfielders to hold back and not push forward. So we're finding Waterford attacks where when the cross goes in, there's only one attacker in the box. And what's going on with the kickouts and long balls? None of these attacks come off because there aren't enough men to challenge for those balls.

Remember this is pretty much the team as last year whose results were among the best in the top division once Bircham took over and who went down with probably the highest points tally of any relegated team. Change is needed. Let's hope Morris isn't a slow learner or he'll be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Boooourns

We switched stands at halftime last week, christ there's some moaners in the new stand. Much better atmosphere in the old one, great seeing loads of kids down there too. The attendance is starting to drop off though.

Hopefully that last minute goal gives them a lift tonight, they really have to win.

Need to get the win up in Cobh tonight.. Galway and Cork at home next weekend..need to win those two games aswell Nothing else will be good enough, if we have any plans on getting out of this division this season..Players and management need to stand up and be counted from tonight .. No more excuses.. The supporters deserve more

Badly needed win last night.. Massive 2 games coming up next weekend, hopefully the fans will come out in numbers for the Galway and Cork games..2 wins from those games and we're right back in the promotion chase..#BLUES

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

Lads, my friends from abroad are coming to visit us and want to go to watch the match. Is possible to buy tickets at the stadium as you go or just online in advance is the option? Is there price difference in online price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

You can buy them at the gate no problem whatsoever. Think it's even a euro cheaper. Get there early so you don't have to queue that much. 7 o clock would be plenty of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

Thanks a lot!!

Advertisement