Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please delete and close my profile

Options
  • 14-03-2022 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

How do I close my account ?

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Send @Boards.ie: Niamh a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Thanks,

I’ve had enough of the obnoxious and ignorant posters who follow and hound/bully people out of discussions. I am not sure they realise it , but I’d rather not spend anymore time in their company.

I don’t think a lot of people realise that there’s a person at the other end of an avatar. I know many use it as a shield to be a keyboard warrior or mean (and then they attack individuals, not what they say) because it’s anonymous but I’ve tried to be better and authentic (warts and all) as I’ve gone along.

These people will never learn and never look at themselves because they don’t have the tools for self reflection. I know this because until I went to AA and started to learn to spot my own blind spots, deficiency’s , ego and bias, I was very often as obnoxious as the people I am talking about. I still can be this way but less so now and I generally try to reflect on my behaviour.

One thing I also learned was to say “I don’t know” but even that’s been used against posters to imply some sort of agenda when it’s said.

Im disappointed it’s come to this, but a family member hasn’t regretted leaving Facebook for similar abusive reasons so I am hoping for the same here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I hear you.

Sorry that you're leaving. You will be missed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Follow Pawwed Rig’s advice and drop Niamh a PM. There’s nothing we can do for you here.

Discussion closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement