Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Black flame weapon buff lasts 6 seconds.

I think from forgot a 0 there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some of the buffs are stupidly short to be fair. Used a bleed one before starting a boss fight, and i think i got two L1 hits in before it expired.

Also, i've picked up so many items that i have no idea what to do with.

I've seen a few videos of people using the Sword of St Triana, I picked it up ages ago and gave it little thought. Now having seen how it can be used with it's sleep status effect I'll be putting a few more points into INT and trying it out for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Im really trying to stay away from any videos or guides - I feel like the game in general is a puzzle with how vague it is on some stuff but its really satisfying when you figure something out. Im still annoyed I cant find another Katana sword yet or any upgraded Samurai style gear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've been using the base Samurai armour and weapon from the start. Think i might have used something with more poise briefly, but switched back.

Going to roll an incantation character later today, to play around with the dragon abilities. Give that a whirl while still focusing on my main character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Been using dual-wielded scimitars with bloody slash as my go-to, with a black knight flail for when I want to use a shield.

Bleed is really effective! Looking forward to finding more blood-build gear as we progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

so I'm down the country and downloaded it onto a PS4 (already have it on a PS5). PS5 save is not accessible which is fair enough but could the PS4 save mess with my PS5 one? Also may I take this opportunity to say fcuk country interne?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I really wish there was an official guide for this for play through number.

Can be a pain piecing together from the internet in relation to the NPS questlines in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Everyone talking about builds, no one taking about fashion, how's yer Tarnished looking?

I have found no armour. One helmet and that's it. I've explored loads of Limgrave and a decent bit of the southern area.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Walkthrough

You could try this.

Boss in Castle Sol ffs, I felt compelled to throw my sign down straight after that one and help a few others out such was the bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Cordell

Not enjoying this as much as other Soulsborne games. Not a fan of the open world and everywhere I go I seem to be getting battered and doing zero damage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Astel down and Ranni quest line complete. That whole section of the game takes you to some very cool locations indeed. But looking forward to getting back to the open world for a bit of more freeform exploring… especially with a few [8] and [9] upgrade items backing me up this time around :)

Astel was the boss I mentioned as being hard mode for melee players. You have no chance there with a sword only, you probably never saw what happens when you stand under it for more than a swing or 2 ?

Head back to Ranni Rise, and to Warmaster Iji, no idea wtf went on there with Blaidd????? He was missing at the start of that for me, and I never saw him for that quest. I'd met him prior but I'd also been in most of those areas prior to the Ranni quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well I've always liked the idea of these games and the only one I really got anywhere in is Sekiro which is ironic as alot consider that the hardest from game , but wow this is a whole other level persoanlly to me anyway , it really has that perfect sit down for a few hours and explore , knock off a boss and gain a few levels , it feels like a proper alive open world and the lack of the usual tropes , quest lines and pick ups and collectibles only help it ,

With work haven't had loads of time to play it but I'm 21 hours in and everytime I've played it I feel like I've made some progress and just really enjoying the expeirience the world provides and yes I've died alot , felt a bit brave earlier and had a go off the Tree Sentinel , got him down to about a 1/4 of health on horseback , I definitely feel like I'm gonna batter him the next time I switch it on , what a game absolutely love it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No don’t think I did, saw him do a few powerful AOE attacks and spells alright but I was far enough away to avoid them for the most part. Took me around five tries in all, his long arm attack has insane range so that got me a few times. But a mix of mimic tear and the rock sling / stagger combo got me through it without too much hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Had stuck with the samurai starting gear for ages until I found the Royal Remains set - not a fan of how it looks tbh and the healing bonus is fairly useless. Found the Carian Knight set tonight and think it looks fantastic with Moonveil and the Blue-Gold Kite shield.

Not sure if folks have had a look on the wiki but there's a crazy amount of armour sets in the game.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor

It was one of the ones who didn't like charged/heavy attacks to it's legs but it was AOE hell to be under and this one in particular didn't give me time for either before I needed to roll and heal and the f'n grab attack. A few enemies have one, if you are caught in one spam lb and rb if you have a decent amount of health you will live with the need to spam X to heal after.

I took a quick look at the start of this guide...

reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/teuof2/guide_to_the_intended_route_to_get_through_the/

Like the top comment says, there is so much of that stuff that I haven't encountered in the opening area. I thought I combed it pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've started trying to mop up as much of the side stuff as I can before progressing any further. Missed some fairly big chunks of things, mainly due to forgetting I was supposed to return to NPCs with certain items or after doing things for them. A lack of quest markers etc is one thing, but my trouble was always after doing something, looking around and going "Oohhhh what's that over there...." and summoning Torrent to ride off on another adventure. Meanwhile 50 hours later there's still a blind woman on a cliff asking people for grapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Same, read the start of that and was like "who?!". Also made me realise i missed a lot of npc wrists in Liurna that I had started in Limgrave. On my best playthrough, I'm going to use an npc guide to track their quests.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think I'll be stuck in the Liurnia of the Lakes area for a long time, so much to see and do here. Looking like the entire underground is connected as well which reminds of of Megaman Legends.

Have to spend time with the GF over the break and not sure she would appreciate me bringing my PC and ignoring her or telling her I'm not visiting because Elden Ring is more important. Life is tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I think I'm nearing end game (though who knows with this game), but I had a couple of underground areas I hadn't fully explored yet so have went back to those. Last night I opened another connecting area to one of them, with its own map fragment, it's alot bigger than I'd already thought.

I know it's been mentioned alot about the scale of the map, but it never ceases to amaze me with the way the world continues to open up in various ways. I also still haven't explored much of the centre of Altus Plateau so I'm sure there's tons I've missed there, not to mention the other hidden areas in the previous regions. And it's all so thoughtfully crafted, nothing is there just for the sake of it. Really is an astounding game.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I 'finished' this the other night. Wow. What a game. I still have a few other bits and pieces to do before I start a new game but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed every minute playing it and it was 101 of the best hours of gaming I've ever experienced.

I think it's the definitive 'souls' game and I don't think From could ever top this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah the world they've created is just incredible. I'm still early in the game but found another lift down to the underground last night that leads to

Ainsel River

Looks completely different to the other undergound places I've found myself in. Ended up dying a few times to a boss in there

Dragonkin Soldier of Nokstella

and then had my first crash - the game completely froze on me just as he was jumping towards me, the screen half covered in lightning. 😁 Thankfully didn't lose many runes and was put back right outside the entrance - I've made a habit of spending most of my runes before walking into a boss fight.

Headed back and started into the Academy and reached a boss entrance - love the aesthetic in there. I do need to go back to that sorcerer prick in Carian Study Hall though. Also, the longbow is so handy for thining out groups of mobs from a distance or even just agro-ing a single mob and pick them off one by one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Cordell

Last night I lost about 120k runes in 3 takes and I didn't even cared :)

Advertisement