Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Struck out on this one - it's Overture alright!

Big new list of stuff went out by email yesterday so check yer Jun if you haven't seen it yet! Bangers from Creed, Kilian, Amouage, Clive Christian, Stephane Humbert Lucas, Parfums de Marly, Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Dunhill, Givenchy, Alexandre J, Escentric Molecules and Afnan - phew! Will have some on here too shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dantes22

Hi Padraig,

Could I get a list of all the new scents that are available? Some of the names in your last post are of interest to me

Cheers

D

Should have list on here next day or two - will PM you as well.

Fragrance Splits - February 2022

Parcel shipping

An Post tracked parcel service shipping is €11 per box – I’ll squeeze in 4 to 6 bottles depending on size. Delivery is normally next day but may occasionally take longer. Date of despatch obviously depends on whether bottles are to hand etc. I normally ship between Monday and Wednesday.

Plastic bottles and An Post shipping

You can choose to get 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. These don't look as nice as glass atomisers (but they do have beastly sprayers!), but I can ship them via An Post’s large letter service at a considerably lower cost of €4.50 for up to seven 10ml bottles (or three 20ml bottles). Note this shipping is not tracked or insured, and is only available for 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. Larger splits and/or glass still need to go via parcel service. Please ask for this option as early as you can, as I sometimes bottle splits before they've been allocated for logistical reasons.

20ml bottles are plastic only!

Left overs

Stuff that hasn’t sold yet.....all in hand.

• Creed – Aventus: €97 for 50ml (on the way).
    • Creed – Royal Oud: €91.50 for 50ml. Last one!
    • Dior – Fahrenheit eau de toilette. €23.50 for 20ml. Last one.
    • Lalique – Terres Aromatiques: €15 for 10ml. Last one.
    • Maison Margiela – Bubble Bath: €13.50 for 10ml, €25 for 20ml, or €34 for 30ml.
    • Montale – Full Incense: €14 for 10ml. Last one!

Reduced! Price drop!

• Bond No 9 – West Broadway: €15 for 10ml or €30 for 20ml.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLIVE CHRISTIAN

1872 Man (*in hand*)

Oh yeah, we’re in real baller territory here, Clive Christian’s motto extolling not the virtues of the fragrances, but their excessive price! 1872 retails at over €300 for 50ml.....but I picked up a single bottle at a fantastic price! Sure it’s not cheap, but trust me when I say these are great prices for Clive Christian! No more available after this one though. The frag itself is a super high quality citrus aromatic and great for spring / summer. “As with other Clive Christian scents I have put my nose on, this one exudes quality. It's bright and green, and very herbacious. In fact, despite the notes listed here, I think the herbs (like rosemary, lavender and petitgrain) stand out a lot more than some of the notes that are listed above, such as fruit and citrus. But also like other Clive Christians, it's deep and complex, and every time you go back to smell it, there will be something new to experience.

• €34 for 10ml, €65 for 20ml, €94.50 for 30ml, or €152.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in the original 100ml bottle and extravagant packaging, at a huge discount relative to 50ml RRP. For the avoidance of doubt, this is the more recent bottle / packaging as pictured above.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

RALPH LAUREN

Polo Cologne Intense (*in hand*)

The original green Polo is of course a masculine fragrance legend. This new ‘Cologne Intense’ is similar....but more intense. The name kind of gave that away, huh? Reviews also suggest it’s got less pine than the original, and is more spring / summer oriented. “Cologne Intense is very herbal and aromatic, fresh yet bold. It opens fresh and minty and dries down giving space to the original DNA..” (Fragrantica).

• €13.50 for 10ml, €25 for 20ml, €35.50 for 30ml, €54 for 50ml, or €58 for 60ml in the original 120ml bottle and box. 

................................................................................................................................

SALVATORE FERRAGAMO

Pour Homme Oud (*in hand*)

This sits aside from Ferragamo’s more mainstream offerings and is an excellent tobacco / oud / spice fragrance. Big burst of oud from the start to my nose. “Stunner of a scent. I had my eye on this fragrance for quite some time, but its hard to find it for а reasonable price. It was a blind buy, but safe one for me, because I love every single accord listed. Definitely smells expensive, very sexy scent with awesome bottle design.””

• €13.50 for 10ml, €24 for 20ml, or €34 for 30ml.

................................................................................................................................

ALEXANDRE J.  

Golden Oud (*in hand*)

First time listing for niche house Alexandre. J. Features solar notes (whatever those are), vetiver, wood and of course oud. "The solar notes in the beginning are majestic. The vetiver and woody notes are sensual with the floral. The oud note is truly well blended close to the skin in the dry down. As a collector this one is a gem and a keeper."

• €11.50 for 10ml, €20 for 20ml, or €28.50 for 30ml.

ESCENTRIC MOLECULES  

Escentric 03 (*in hand*)

Molecule 01 gets the most press, but Escentric Molecules have more strings to their bow, as this effervescent citrus / wood unisex scent demonstrates. "Escentric 03 starts with a blast of dry earthy vetiver and lime, then dries down into Mountain Dew / Sprite smell. Fresh and slightly sweet."

• €11 for 10ml, or €19 for 20ml.

• Advertisement

New stuff gone out by email today!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

Package arrived Pat, put together well and happy, all as described.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Thanks a million Pat- delivery last week- Packaging stun- Scents unreal

If you're ever thinking of getting Zest Di Sorrento in again I'd be v interested-Great summer evening scent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Hi Pat, when ever you get a chance, would it be possible to pm me your latest list.

Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

You might pm on your email address and I'll send it. I've been meaning to update here last two weeks but just haven't had a chance! New Boards doesn't help either as I can't just wrote it up with code tags in Notepad and upload later, has the be 'live'.

Fragrance Splits - March 2022

Parcel shipping

An Post tracked parcel service shipping is €11 per box – I’ll squeeze in 4 to 6 bottles depending on size. Delivery is normally next day but may occasionally take longer. Date of despatch obviously depends on whether bottles are to hand etc. I normally ship between Monday and Wednesday.

You can choose to get 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. These don't look as nice as glass atomisers (but they do have beastly sprayers!), but I can ship them via An Post’s large letter service at a considerably lower cost of €4.60 for up to seven 10ml bottles (or three 20ml bottles). Note this shipping is not tracked or insured, and is only available for 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. Larger splits and/or glass still need to go via parcel service. Please ask for this option as early as you can, as I sometimes bottle splits before they've been allocated for logistical reasons.

Price rises – Creed and others

It’s March so that means it’s time for yet another Creed price rise! The house are raising their prices approximately 10% on April 1st. Last one was in September and I reckon they’ll keep on coming. For Aventus the effect of this is that it’s getting harder and harder to keep stock of this on hand as it’s becoming prohibitively expensive to buy a whole flacon ‘on spec’. For all their stuff, the later you leave it, the greater the likelihood you’ll pay more. Aventus – if I get a bunch of orders quick I’d hope to get a flacon at the old price. If it’s pushing into April (or earlier, suppliers have already said they expect to run out of current stock before then!) I would expect to be charging ~€104 for 50ml. (To put that price in perspective, my first settled price for Aventus was €62 – the extra €40+ since is all Creed, not me!).

Creed aren’t the only offenders either. Tom Ford have hiked their prices ~10% recently as well (the ‘standard’ Private Blend 100ml are now pushing €300 but many of the newer releases are ‘special’ and touching €400 FFS). A lot of other brands are hiking their prices too. I’m always on the hunt for a bargain though but even these are getting harder to find as some brands (I’m looking at you Penhaligon’s) are pushing hard to get their stuff out of discounters.

Moan over!

*NEW* – 'Three Of A Kind’

It’s been a long time since I did a combo pack so I’m going to start running ‘TOAKs’ – three fragrances which complement each other in some fashion or have something in common. Generally, these will aim towards giving decent value – i.e. great frags for decent prices. First up is “Suits You Sir” – three no nonsense old school masculine scents.

Left overs

Stuff that hasn’t sold yet.....all in hand except Aventus.

• Creed – Aventus: €97 for 50ml (availability TBC and price increase imminent so request ASAP!).
    • Creed – Royal Oud: €91.50 for 50ml. Last one!
    • Clive Christian – 1872 Man: ultimate masculine freshie, I’m flabbergasted I still have this as it’s a great price! €34 for 10ml, €65 for 20ml, €94.50 for 30ml, or €152.50 for 50ml in original luxury 100ml packaging. *NEW* - take the 1872 50ml and get free shipping on your whole order!
    • Escentric Molecules – Escentric 03. €11 for 10ml, or €19 for 20ml.
    • Ralph Lauren – Polo Cologne Intense: bang up to date reimagining of a classic! €13.50 for 10ml, €25 for 20ml, €35.50 for 30ml, €54 for 50ml, or €58 for 60ml in original 118ml packaging.
    • Salvatore Ferragamo – Pour Homme Oud: €13.50 for 10ml, or €24 for 20ml.
    • Swiss Arabian - Ghazi Oud: €8 for 10ml - last one.

Clearance! I’m sick of looking at them so grab a bargain!

• Alexandre J – Golden Oud: €10 for 10ml, €17 for 20ml.
    • Lalique – Terres Aromatiques: €12 for 10ml. Last one.
    • Maison Margiela – Bubble Bath: €13.50 for 10ml, €25 for 20ml, or €34 for 30ml.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLIVE CHRISTIAN

1872 Man (*in hand*)

Oh yeah, we’re in real baller territory here, Clive Christian’s motto extolling not the virtues of the fragrances, but their excessive price! 1872 retails at over €300 for 50ml.....but I picked up a single bottle at a fantastic price! Sure it’s not cheap, but trust me when I say these are great prices for Clive Christian! No more available after this one though. The frag itself is a super high quality citrus aromatic and great for spring / summer. “As with other Clive Christian scents I have put my nose on, this one exudes quality. It's bright and green, and very herbacious. In fact, despite the notes listed here, I think the herbs (like rosemary, lavender and petitgrain) stand out a lot more than some of the notes that are listed above, such as fruit and citrus. But also like other Clive Christians, it's deep and complex, and every time you go back to smell it, there will be something new to experience.

• €34 for 10ml, €65 for 20ml, €94.50 for 30ml, or €152.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in the original 100ml bottle and extravagant packaging, at a huge discount relative to 50ml RRP, plus free shipping! For the avoidance of doubt, this is the more recent bottle / packaging as pictured above.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

"Suits You Sir" - TOAK (Three Of A Kind)

First TOAK in a long time and it’s old school all the way! These three are all classic style masculine fragrances – all take a different road though so no duplication! All three are very versatile.

Truefitt & Hill – Clubman: simply a classic barbershop fragrance, with woods, mint and a touch of aquatic notes to bring it up to date.

Taylor Of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Cologne: in a word – clean. Sandalwood (of course) and a list of other notes gives a very soapy, fresh smell. The is the Cologne version of the shaving soap I personally use, although I’m not sure if smelling like me is much of an advertisement! Note the is the somewhat stronger Cologne version (there’s also an aftershave splash), albeit don’t expect all day performance.

Christian Dior – Eau Sauvage: it doesn’t get more iconic than Eau Sauvage, first launched in 1966 and nothing whatsoever to do with Sauvage, a completely separate Dior scent. Takes classic masculine tropes and puts a summery veneer on them, so expect lots of citrus and lavender over a woodsy base. This is the classic eau de toilette version, not one of the myriad of offshoots.

• €35 for 3 x 10ml. 

AMOUAGE

Opus XI (*in hand*)

Now that’s what I’m talking about! This is classic Amouage territory here, with a feast of spices and herbs. Perhaps unexpectedly though, this is the first Amouage fragrance to feature oud in a starring note among the notes, rather than in a supporting role. “This to me is in the same style/concept as Le Labo's oud but with much better execution. The idea of having a fragrance that attemps to recreate a singular oud note withour relying on something premade by Givaudan/Firmenich (see Zara Oud). However this has been done much better and comes across as 2 parallel ouds: the natural extract vs the oud accord from the remaining listed notes (mainly the styrax and leatherwood). Overall probably the best oud scent if what you're after is an artistic/avant garde oud.”

• €23 for 10ml, €44 for 20ml, or €63.50 for 30ml. 

HERMES

Terre d’Hermes EdT (*in hand*)

A veritable Swiss army knife of a fragrance, if the budget can only stretch to a single scent, this is as good as any. Orange, vetiver and wood wrapped up in an overall very masculine, ‘professional’ fragrance. I always have a bottle of TdH to hand! Eau de toilette formulation. This stuff is class in a bottle! The quality and richness of the orange and the vetiver in this fragrance is top notch. To me it’s very unique and definitely stands out from all the other mainstream fragrances out there”.

• €22 for 20ml, €31 for 30ml, or €45 for 50ml. 

XERJOFF 

Mefisto Gentiluomo (*in hand*)

Xerjoff’s original Mefisto is sometimes labelled the greatest citrus fragrance ever made. This more recent, and equally well rated, Gentiluomo (“Gentleman”) flanker adds a few masculine touches to the unisex original to bring it to (slightly) more manly territory. “Smells like the original but altogether smoother and with more of a crisp, deft polish. There’s also hints of a pale watery rose that offer some charisma and really push this one into the category of a refined, gentleman’s scent.” (Fragrantica).

• €27 for 10ml, €51 for 20ml, €74 for 30ml, €115 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and luxury packaging. 

AFNAN

Supremacy In Oud (*in hand*)

Exceptional for the price effervescent oud. The big debate here is whether this smells like Initio’s (vastly more expensive) Oud for Greatness. Well, it’s been a good while since I sniffed OFG, but this certainly seems close, very close even. Very wearable, and more wearable for a younger man than many oud forward scents (but still perfect for the more seasoned gentleman). “Recently, I bought "Supremacy in Oud " and I must say I have been totally blown away! The scent, quality, complexity, and overall beast mode performance rivals that of Oud for Greatness. Also, the packaging and quality is that of a high end niche brand which given the low price point makes it even more incredible...” (Fragrantica).

€11.50 for 10ml, €20.50 for 20ml, or €29 for 30ml.

Supremacy Incense (*in hand*)

Another Afnan, another not-quite-a-clone-but-definitely-inspired-by. The ‘inspired by’ this time is Amouage Interlude, the infamous Blue Beast. It’s certainly got Interlude’s oregano heavy opening down – it’s very close. Diverges a bit as it goes on but there’s zero doubt that this is a high quality smoke / incense / spice blend, particularly suitable for cold weather and formal occasions – and fantastic value for money. Summer’s day in the office? Maybe not so much. Packaging wise, this has the same (nice) bottle as the other Supremacy scents, but a standard box – only have one. “It is very dense and smoky in the open. That incense jumps out but is alluring. The scent trail retains the sweeter notes but anything close to skin gets a strong incense feeling. The mid is where the spices settle, leather and Amber emerge to smooth out the edges. This phase makes this scent shine. The mid's longevity is insane and the drydown is fantastic. It's a mature, mysterious scent that pulls you in” (Fragrantica).

€10 for 10ml, €17 for 20ml, €24.50 for 30ml, or €29 for 50ml in the original 100ml bottle and box.

Sweet Tobacco Spirits (*in hand*)

Some reports put this close to Tom Ford’s Tobacco vanilla but it’s a bit of a double edged sword to me. Opening is quite different from TV, being pretty much straight tobacco and not particularly sweet. However as time goes on, rum and vanilla stick their heads in and I can see a definite similarity to TV but certainly not a clone or anything. High quality scent from a little known brand, at Parfum concentration. “So here’s what I get honey, leather, dry tobacco, and boozy note from the wine… I know these notes aren’t listed but that’s what I get to my nose… and it is frickin fantastic very addictive and alluring. And awesome performance. This smells and last like it should be a $150-160 fragrance”.

• €12.50 for 10ml, €23 for 20ml, €32.50 for 30ml, or €45 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

BVLGARI

Man Wood Neroli (*in hand*)

Tentatively getting ready for spring / summer with this one. Takes the wood and ambergris DNA of the original and lightens it up with neroli, bergamot, and other fresh smells. “This is an absolute GEM. I am a fan of fresh and citrusy fragrances and this one has completely blown me away. I get a strong bergamot on the opening (alongside the neroli) that dries down beautifully into a more musky amber feel. If you are looking for a masculine, woody bergamot scent, you MUST give this a try!

• €13 for 10ml, €24 for 20ml, €34.50 for 30ml, or €45.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

CHOPARD

Black Incense Malaki (*in hand*)

Ooh, this is serious stuff! Frankly, I don’t get a lot of incense in the vein of frankincense, it’s more of a smoke vibe. Add leather and an absolute shedload of oud and you have Black Incense Malaki. Oh, and strawberry! I can get it anyway, but have seen no-one else mention it so it could be my imagination! This is so oud heavy I’d imagine the only reason they didn’t name it Oud Malaki is they already have a release called that. Overall, a quality, serious release. “Oh my GOD. THIS is everything I have been searching for in a fragrance!! I feel I can get rid of all my other cheap Middle Eastern ouds from Lattafa and AAZ because this blows them out of the water. Oud! Leather! Incense! Cumin! This is a delicious, smouldering, skanky beast. A little sweet, very woody, very smoky, skanky of spices and cumin, it's gorgeously dark and sexy..”

• €27.50 for 20ml - last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Post edited by Justin10 on

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

@Justin10 You might want to PM Pat your email and remove the one above or you'll likely end up getting spammed.

Fragrance Splits - April 2022

***APOLOGIES IF THE IMAGES ARE HUGE / ALIGNED POORLY*** - the image edit controls aren't working so I can't adjust - another Vanilla 'feature' I guess!

Parcel shipping

You can choose to get 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. These don't look as nice as glass atomisers (but they do have beastly sprayers!), but I can ship them via An Post’s large letter service at a considerably lower cost of €4.60 for up to seven 10ml bottles (or three 20ml bottles). Note this shipping is not tracked or insured, and is only available for 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. Larger splits and/or glass still need to go via parcel service. Please ask for this option as early as you can, as I sometimes bottle splits before they've been allocated for logistical reasons.

Left overs

• Creed – Aventus: €104* for 50ml. Waiting for more requests for this before getting some in. *I MAY be able to get it for the older €97 price if people get names down quick but presume it’ll be €104 just in case.
    • 18.21 – Sweet Tobacco Spirits: €12.50 for 10ml, €23 for 20ml, €32.50 for 30ml, or €45 for 50ml in orig 100ml bottle/box.
    • Afnan – Supremacy in Oud: excellent Oud for Greatness clone €11.50 for 10ml or €20.50 for 20ml.
    • Afnan – Supremacy Incense: Amouage Interlude clone. €10 for 10ml, €17 for 20ml, €24.50 for 30ml, or €29 for 50ml in orig 100ml bottle/box.
    • Amouage – Opus XI: €23 for 10ml, €44 for 20ml, or €63.50 for 30ml.
    • Bvlgari – Man Wood Neroli: €13 for 10ml, €24 for 20ml, or €34.50 for 30ml.
    • Chopard – Black Incense Malaki: €27.50 for 20ml. Last one!
    • Hermes – Terre d’Hermes EdT: €22 for 20ml, €31 for 30ml, or €45 for 50ml.
    • Jacques Fath - Curacao Bay: €15 for 10ml. One only.
    • ‘Suits You Sir’ TOAK with Taylor of Old Bond St Sandalwood Cologne, Dior Eau Sauvage EdT and Truefitt and Hill Clubman. €35 for 3 x 10ml.
    • Swiss Arabian – Ghazi Oud: €8 for 10ml. Last one.
    • Xerjoff – Mefisto Gentiluomo: €27 for 10ml, €51 for 20ml, €74 for 30ml, or €115 for 50ml in luxury orig 100ml bottle/box. 

Reduced! Grab a bargain!

• Alexandre J – Golden Oud: €10 for 10ml, €17 for 20ml.
    • Creed – Royal Oud: €90 for 50ml. Last one!
    • Clive Christian – 1872 Man: ultimate masculine freshie at a great price for Clive Christian, now reduced even further! €32 for 10ml, €62 for 20ml, €90 for 30ml, or €145 for 50ml in original luxury 100ml packaging. *NEW* - take the 1872 50ml and get free shipping on your whole request!
    • Escentric Molecules – Escentric 03. €10 for 10ml, or €17 for 20ml.
    • Ralph Lauren – Polo Cologne Intense: bang up to date reimagining of a classic! €12 for 10ml, €22.50 for 20ml, €32 for 30ml, €50 for 50ml, or €53 for 60ml in original 118ml packaging.
    • Salvatore Ferragamo – Pour Homme Oud: €12 for 10ml, or €21.50 for 20ml.
    • Maison Margiela – Bubble Bath: €10 for 10ml, €20 for 20ml, or €29 for 30ml.

CREED

Erolfa (*on the way*)

First of two Creed summer specials here. Erolfa is clearly marine inspired with ambergris, salt and citrus. Has the chops for year round use too. “It's an unbelievably hot scorching summer's day, you put this on, and everything is suddenly alright with the world. A true gem from Creed that deserves much more love. This smells like clear blue sea in the middle of the summer, it's extremely photo-realistic in that way. I liked Millesime Imperial, but recently i came to realize this is the true summer champion.”

• €70 for 50ml. You won’t find Creed cheaper than that!

Neroli Sauvage (*open split*)

Pure summery scent from Creed, with an obvious dash of neroli. “Neroli Sauvage is a bright, uplifting citrus fragrance that works well in hot, humid weather conditions. The scent has decent longevity and moderate projection in the tropical weather in which I usually wear it. I find Neroli Sauvage a bit less dressy than Green Irish Tweed, which, notwithstanding a similar lemon verbena note, goes in a dapper masculine direction while this scent remains easily, gracefully informal and totally unisex.”

• €86 for 50ml. Very good pricing for a 250ml split. I’d act quick if you’re interested as I don’t know how long the flacon will be available.

ESSENTIAL PARFUMS

Bois Imperial (*on the way*)

A lot of chatter about this online. Created by Quentin Bisch who also made the cult hit (and rather more expensive) Ganymede for Marc Antoine Barrois. “Opens up really woody and spicy. Dry down is classy vetiver/akigalawood, fresh green basil and spices. I have Tom Ford Grey Vetiver and I see a similarity. Really really classy spicy woody smell. All year round smell, also office safe in my opinion. More masculine leaning in my opinion. Longevity 12h+ hours on me..” (Fragrantica).

• €15.50 for 10ml, €29 for 20ml, €41 for 30ml.

COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE

Vanille Coco (*in hand*)

Summery vibes for the ladies here, with banana, whipped cream and coconut notes. “ Vanille Coco is a true beauty. It’s everything I’ve been searching for in a beach-y coconut scent. The opening was true banana and fresh whip cream. Not that cool whip that comes in a container, no, the real deal made with heavy cream and whipped until the peaks are stiff.”.

• €12 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €30.50 for 30ml, or €41.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

...............................................................................................................................

MANCERA

Aoud Lemon Mint (*in hand*)

Mancera does summer!Aoud Lemon Mint is a great unique spring/summer scent. The oud in this scent does not come off as animalic or overpowering because of the beautiful blast of citruses in the opening. The heavy almond and vanilla combo gives this fragrance a creamy quality, which peaks in the dry down. The mint note in this fragrance is very light so I can see why some people do not smell it. This scent is very powerful and long lasting on my skin! This lasts easily 9+ hours on my skin on summer days.”.

• €15 for 10ml, €28.50 for 20ml, €39.50 for 30ml.

ATELIER COLOGNE

Bergamote Soleil (*on the way*)

One of my all time favourite summer scents, and has proven very popular in splits before. Does what it says on the tin here - it's basically a big blast of naturally bergamote / lemon, very juicy, quite tart and not especially sweet - very refreshing. Unusually for a citrus fragrance, this has serious performance kicks and lasts a lot longer than many from Atelier Cologne. Great pricing too!This one is lovely, a sharp, sophisticated citrus blend that is really refreshing, without any hint of dish soap. There's a bit of lavender in there, just enough. This is an excellent fragrance when you need something refreshing, light, inoffensive, and sophisticated. The quality is apparent-- there are a lot of citrus fragrances and this is better than most”.

• €21.50 for 20ml, €31 for 30ml, or €47 for 50ml.

SWISS ARABIAN

Shaghaf Oud Abyad (*in hand*)

Interlude style spicy vibes here for pennies.This is a challenging scent if you are a fan of blue frags or modern-day aquatics. It is not office-friendly. Most importantly, you need to love smoke and resins. I cannot compare it to the blue beast. But when the wind blows and the snow falls, this is one of my guilty pleasures. It took me 1 week to sort out the oregano, Bergamot, smoke, and resins until my mind made sense of it all. It is deep, rich, and dark with just a hint of green. But oh so much fun! Don't wear it to a holiday dinner party or a family gathering with grandma unless you live in Oman or Dubai. It has a strong Middle Eastern vibe and would be a good introduction to less Western fragrances.”.

• €8 for 10ml or €14.50 for 20ml.

...............................................................................................................................

AMOUAGE

Beach Hut Woman (actually unisex - *open split*)

Read the reviews on this and it’s immediately apparent that the ‘Woman’ part of its name is simply misleading. Instead, this is a unisex beach type scent......but not a typical summer fragrance as this is quite bracing. I love this - it really brings a certain image to your mind, one that isn't the typical sunscreen, warm sand, sunshine and a pina colada. This beach is cold, there aren't tourists sunbathing, there isn't that ever pervading smell of sunscreen and it most definitely isn't sunny. I wear this when I'm not in the mood for any of the typical summer perfumes, instead I want to be taken on that journey to the chilly air, the waves crashing against the shore - maybe a storm forming.

• €20.50 for 10ml, €39 for 20ml, €56.50 for 30ml, or €85.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in the original 100ml bottle and box.

.............................................................................................................................. 

Hopefully Amouage Beach Hut Woman (Unisex) goes ahead, some reviewers have it ahead of the named Men's version and leaning slightly more towards a Unisex/Masculine scent than Womens.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Shank Williams

Hi I’ll take the royal oud if still available

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Shank Williams

No worries

ill go for the erolfa and bergamote soleil so

stick me on the Aventus waiting list also

Will do. Apologies for slow responses, Just back from first trip to climes foreign in over two years!

• Advertisement

Parcel arrived during the week.

Another banger from Mancera, not getting any mint from it in the slightest and thankfully the Oud isn't as strong as it is with most other Manceras, making it very wearable in the warmer days. I think I'll be looking for a full bottle of this.

Yeah, Aoud Lemon Mint is definitely more 'summer' than your average Mancera!

Anyone considering Creed Erolfa - last chance! Have one 50ml left at €70 + shipping. I very much doubt I'll ever have any Creed at that sort of price again due to all their price rises! Drop me a message if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Payday took too long to come around, is the shaghaf 20ml still available and oud lemon mint 10ml?

Good for both dude! Will drop you an email.

May list due out later this morning to those on the email list with plenty of summery fragrances from Creed, Simone Andreoli, Atelier Cologne, Tom Ford and others.....and one of the most notorious scents of all time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 manicdee

Funds sent, for a 50ml split of the legendary : Green Irish Tweed 🤩

It's ordered anyway so hopefully not long now......and probably last time to get the legend for such a price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Hi Pat,

Would you have anything along the lines of Clinique Happy for Men-

But with a bit more longevity/sillage?

Fragrance Splits - May 2022

***APOLOGIES IF THE IMAGES ARE HUGE / ALIGNED POORLY*** - the image edit controls aren't working so I can't adjust - another Vanilla 'feature' I guess!

Parcel shipping

Left overs

• Creed – Aventus: €99 for 50ml. On the way. I expect this to be the last sub €100 flacon due to price rises.
    • Creed - Erolfa: €70 for 50ml. Crazy pricing for Creed - last one!
    • Comptoir Sud Pacifique – Vanille Coco: €12 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €30.50 for 30ml, or €41.50 for 50ml in orig 100ml bottle/box.
    • Mancera – Aoud Lemon Mint: €15 for 10ml or €28.50 for 20ml.
    • Afnan – Supremacy Not Only Intense. €11.50 for 10ml, one only.
    • Swiss Arabian – Shaghaf Oud Abyad: €8 for 10ml or €14.50 for 20ml.

Clearance! All reduced - grab a bargain!

• 18.21 -Sweet Tobacco Spirits: €12.50 €11 for 10ml, €23 €20 for 20ml, €32.50 €28 for 30ml, or €45 €39 for 50ml in the original 100ml bottle/box.
    • Alexandre J – Golden Oud: €11.50 €10 for 10ml, €20 €17 for 20ml.
    • Afnan – Supremacy in Oud: excellent Oud for Greatness clone. €20.50 €18 for 20ml.
    • Amouage – Opus XI: €23 €20 for 10ml, €44 €39 for 20ml, or €63.50 €58 for 30ml.
    • Bvlgari – Man Wood Neroli: €13 €11.50 for 10ml, or €24 €21.50 for 20ml.
    • Clive Christian – 1872 Man: absolutely fantastic prices for Clive Christian, now reduced even further! €34 €30 for 10ml, €65 €59 for 20ml, €94.50 €88 for 30ml, or €152.50 €140 for 50ml in original luxury 100ml packaging. Take the 1872 50ml and get free shipping on your whole order, saving a further €11!
    • Ralph Lauren – Polo Cologne Intense: bang up to date reimagining of a classic! €13.50 €11 for 10ml, €25 €20 for 20ml, or €35.50 €29 for 30ml.
    • Salvatore Ferragamo – Pour Homme Oud: €13.50 €11 for 10ml, or €24 €19 for 20ml.
    • ‘Suits You Sir’ TOAK with Taylor of Old Bond St Sandalwood Cologne, Dior Eau Sauvage EdT and Truefitt and Hill Clubman. €35 €33 for 3 x 10ml.
    • Xerjoff – Mefisto Gentiluomo: €27 €25 for 10ml, €51 €48 for 20ml, €74 €70 for 30ml, or €94 for 40ml in luxury original 100ml bottle/box. 

CREED

Green Irish Tweed (*on the way*)

Needs no introduction. The cool clean classic from Creed – ideal office wear.Absolutely beautiful. Smells like violet, wet grass in the best way, golden sunshine, with a smooth light wood base. High quality, classy, long lasting, perfect for a spring wedding.”.

• €85 for 50ml. (500ml split)

..............................................................................................................................

Aventus for Her (*open split*)

It’s Aventus....for wimminz! The opening is crisp and fruity but moments later the musk and the sandalwood blend so well with the green apple and the rose. It's warm and sophisticated. At the dry-out I smell the blackcurrant and the amber with smoky hints”.

• €107 for 50ml. (250ml split)

HISTOIRES DE PARFUMS

1725 Casanova (*in hand*)

Ultra smooth lavender centric fragrance – refined and elegant. Frequently compared to (the much more expensive) Invasion Barbare by MDCI – while this is no clone and has its own identity, the similarity is undeniable. While it’s generally regarded as masculine, I could see it working on a woman too. “Beautiful contemporary fougere that dabbles in spicy, barbershop, and gourmand territories. It definitely evokes Invasion Barbare, especially the drydown that feels like a sweet, crisp marriage of lavender, spice, and coumarin. Delectable, easy to wear, and much more budget friendly than IB without feeling like a step down in quality. Great scent.”.

• €14.50 for 10ml, €27 for 20ml, €38.50 for 30ml, €57 for 50ml, or €61.50 for 60ml. 60ml portion in original 120ml bottle and box. *Really good pricing for this as I got a bargain – last time I had it listed approx. 50% more!*

ATELIER COLOGNE

Bergamote Soleil (*in hand*)

Quite simply, one of the very best summer citruses, and a frequent splits favourite. Bracingly tart lemon / bergamot – and that’s it really! Super juicy and natural, almost drinkable, and with much better performance than most citrus fragrances. Completely unisex. Sharp and bright, bitter yet sweet! This is a strong, fresh citrus. All of Atelier's citrus fragrances are incredible, but this one really stands out for how bright it is.

• €21.50 for 20ml - last one. 

SALVATORE FERRAGAMO

Intense Leather (*in hand*)

Despite the name, this isn’t a leather dominant fragrance, being fresher than expected with fruits, pepper and herbs joining the leather. “Elegant, Classy, Unique and Complex. If you like a new perfume with the Leather note, you will like this one. It opens up with like fruity , slightly spicy and floral notes in the background then dry down is musky leathery.”

• €10 for 10ml, €18 for 20ml, €25.50 for 30ml, or €33 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle (no box).

ANDY TAUER

L’Air du Desert Marocain (*on the way*)

Cult hit here and it’s easy to see why – it’s bloody good! “So Dry yet intoxicating. The smell Takes you to a hot summer evening, making your way through a Marrakesh spice market, your olfactory senses taken on a magical journey. Simply sublime.”

• €32.50 for 10ml, or €63 for 20ml. 

SERGE LUTENS

Muscs Koublai Khan (*open split*)

If you’re the type of person that hangs around fragrance forums, the initials MKK will no doubt be familiar. Usually discussed in hushed tones, with an almost reverential deference as MKK is one of THE most notorious scents around. The fragrance experts among you will look at the note list and think “civet, musk, castroneum....sounds very animalic!” – and you’d be correct. Unashamedly carnal and powerful, yet also surprisingly soft. Great longevity but not overly powerful sillage, which may not be a bad thing – still not office safe though. “How I adore that strong civet opening! Brutal and strange, almost cruel. Metallic, yet warm. After a few minutes, the punch of the opening dissipates into a cloud of cool musks, warmed by the labdanum that is the signature of this scent as much as anything from the animal kingdom. The cumin is faint but persistent. There is a bodily quality to this perfume, and it isn’t afraid to deviate from a “clean” musk profile, but there are no photorealistic allusions to any specific body part, in large part due to the other through line of MKK’s development: its oriental character. The labdanum and (I think) ambergris—and much later a welcome, cool, almost floral vanilla—give this something of an amber profile throughout the drydown, but MKK brings out the qualities of these ingredients that are usually toned down in more conventional ambers. The tarry, slightly animalic labdanum is for me the most difficult aspect of this perfume. Although on most days I adore it, sometimes it just feels too much like creme brûlée-smeared leather (yes, that is the most negative thing I can say about this scent)..

• €33 for 10ml, €64 for 20ml, €94 for 30ml, or €147 for 50ml in the original 100ml bottle and box. 

Post edited by Padraig Mor on

• Advertisement

I'm not familiar with that one but looking online I'd say the closest I'd have (but with less citrus) is Bvlgari Man Wood Neroli - although that's not noted for all day longevity. Maybe layer it with Atelier Bergamote Soleil, which is all day citrus!

Advertisement