Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuesday 15th March 2022 Cheltenham Day 1

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

I don't get the drift on Honeysuckle tho Ive heard folks saying De Bromhead runners are not in good form - I don't buy into or care about that as I'm sure they'll have their supertar mare right and her partnership with Rachel seems to be a match made in heaven.

I think the drift is mainly because Cheltenham attracts a lot more casual punters who have no interest in odds on at all and the 1/2 she was at was never going to bring them in with all the other options for their fiver flutters.

In saying that, Honeysuckle is the crux of so many punters multiples that it could be the 'Annie Power' type loser the books need this year, and no mare has won this race twice. But I don't see why she can't.

Supreme is a cracker. I backed Jonbon in every race he's been in so far but Constitution Hill seems tailor made for Cheltenham's hill with the way his powerful and economical strides at the end of races has propelled him away from his rivals and that's who I backed. Ruby Walsh picked Jonbon and a lot of punters too which is understandable at the more generous price but IMO stick to the one Nico is on if picking a Henderson runner in the race.

I backed Paul Townend at 4/5 to be top jockey last month so if Dysart Dynamo wins I won't mind that either. I don't see Rachel repeating and Mullins is almost a dead cert to be top trainer, I'll be mildly surprised if any other jockey has more winners than Paul. Interestingly he's put up Gaelic Warrior in the 4.50 as his best chance of the day. I hope it wins but I avoid those 20+ runner races.

Edwardstone has drifted as well. Someone said 11/4 is skinny lol I backed it at 9/4 2 weeks ago and I'll have a bit of 11/4 if it's still on offer and Constitution wins, looks a tough nut to crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Tributo 6/1 in 8:30 Southwell tonight for me and that's all, PP payng 4 places, 10run, I've got no time for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AhFrayedKnot

I swear to **** do we ever get the race we want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

That was impressive, made jonbon look very ordinary at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Dysart looked to be an absolute handful, Constitution Hill was very impressive there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Very impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

That's likely the last time you'll ever get anything around 2/1 fo4 that horse. Once Dysart went down it was a formality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭rolling boh

certainly would not have expected him to beat jonbon that easy .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

He would have been booked for at best third there if he stood up. He never settled with Jonbon pressing him all the time and as you say looks an absolute handful.

• Advertisement

I do hate talk like this there is no possible way anyone knows what would have happened and now we wont ever as nicky wont send him to punchestown and he will be off chasing next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Was already wound up by the time they got away and pulled all the way - set the race up for the winner but he finished like he would have won no matter what happened . That was impressive.

Hucklesuckle now 5/6 so may have to dig in again ......

Lots of confidence from Elliot's yard about the end of the day so going to back these 3: Ebisary, Queensbrook & Run Wild Fred

Honeysuckle 5/6...

Oh boy...

In the name of The Father, The Son...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

You think Dysart would have beaten CH there????

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

No chance. CH as good a Supreme winner that we've seen in my opinion.

Dysart never settled and it wasn't a surprise when he fell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Posh Boy

FFS, Saint Sam taken out, ah well ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Nice start fir the Brits

That'll do, Eddie!

Delighted for Tom Cannon.

happy for the conections especially the jock a lot of pressure on a hot pot looking for his first festival winner big weight of his shoulders .

I had planned to avoid the race but I'm having a go on Fantastikas in the Ultima @11/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Frodon really going under the radar here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

FFS. It's not a 5F sprint. It's too strict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Irish horses getting hammered

Another one for the Brits ; couldn't find one b & m offering handicap odds on the unders and overs for Ireland,, me wanted to back Ireland on the unders, and that was the start I would have been hoping for,, +/- 19.5 winners i think it was,,

now it'll be onto the crap talk about how folks were 'hammering' Ireland on the 'overs' , or somesuch bs, and 'potential burnt fingers' 😢

'Prestbury Cup' poster happy enuf i'd say with the 11s,, inspires hope so it does for that bet going t'distance 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

5th, happy out again.

Only HMS Seahorse and Honeysuckle left of note for me today.

What's this new shoite bs spoken word low budget poetry all about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Well done Rachael !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Brilliant run there Honeysuckle. Well done Rachel Blackmore. Powered up the hill.

Appreciate It was doing well til the hill came.

delighted what a team great stuff

blew up without a run , honeysuckle declining but still the best around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Brilliant there when the pressure came on. Hon Rachel

Wait for it - HUUGE PRICE bs talk 😂

and Fitzy mentioned Epatante early doors at a 'HUGE proyce' - someone'll remind us,,, well done Mick, that equates to marginally north of an even money winner, if backing each way,,

Well Done Rachael ! 😊

WD all who were on - at least a couple on here were,,

no bet meself, so take me time 'etiquette' wise doing t'needful, so didn't see race 😃

Ronan Keating 🤣 from the sublime to a slime,,, pay your cleaner ya tight kernt (allegedly)

must have been really stuck for a celeb if that clown was brought on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Nasty looking fall for Rachel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Rachael on her feet apparently, that was a sickening fall. One extreme to the other, that's racing.

The judges results are in,, At the end of TTV coverage, it's a draw between The DayDream with his three winners - WD T DD !! - and the poster blackcard sitting pretty on four winners, and a healthy lead of three on t'principal pursuers 😊

Congrats lads,, prizes not on offer alas , but bragging rights assured 😃

• Advertisement

4.50 BELL EX ONE 28/1 ew Nap

elliots running awfully the tide turns comfortably beat brazil when they met

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭BQQ

Can't believe only 6 go to post for this last race

there's prize money down to 8th place - you could pick up nearly a grand just for showing up, but nobody is bothered

theres the national winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Couple of bets elsewhere for me.

5.55 Southwell, donya, around 12/1, I've had an e.w bet on this. Horse is nothing special at all but in this race way over priced. Take away its last run and no way a 12/1 shot. Hopefully goes close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thefallingman

suffering a major hangover here in work Leffesem after toasting the victory many times over !!

😂 Fair play to ya fallingman ! great pick tbf,,

Advertisement